Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedGot a question for Tekken director Katsuhiro Harada? http://bit.ly/1gUuT9
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Sega does 7 days of Golden Joysticks | Sony dev wanted God of War FPS | Ask Namco your Tekken questions | Left 4 Dead 2 pre-orders get demo early | Japan: DSi on top, PS3 sales slim | SBK dev does World Rally Championship | Spore CGI movie is go | Modern Warfare 2: IW "haven't begun thinking about" DLC | Naughty Dog keen for Uncharted PSP | Let's look at Lego Indy 2 | Xbox Live: FIFA 10, Left 4 Dead DLC | MMA fighter threatens to pummel programmer | Super Street Fighter IV gameplay video | F1 2009 gets November date | DJ Hero gets David Guetta DLC | Nintendo acknowledges Wii update problems | Witcher 2 dev bought out | Buy FIFA 10 for £24.97 at Tesco | Ratchet: Crack in Time getting two demos | Final Fantasy XIII screenshot explosion | New PSN Game Cards heading to retail | GTA IV: Gay Tony 'Armando, Henrique' trailer | Splinter Cell: Conviction gets Collector's Edition | Exec producer Gavin Raeburn leaves Codemasters | More Mass Effect for 360 Avatars
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Splinter Cell delay "a question of polish"
View previous topic - View next topic  
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 9:29 am Reply with quote

this end of year line up feels naked compared to 07 and 08, o well loads more games for next year Very Happy
FiltyMonkey
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 9:37 am Reply with quote

I kust wished the industry wasn't so driven with fiscals and more driven by getting the game into the hands of the gamers. Time wasting, money grabbing vealots.

I've just replayed the original Splinter Cell. Forgot how great that is - lines like 'You don't wanna die in little boys room, do you?'

Sheer class!
Black Mantis
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 9:39 am Reply with quote

As long as the game provides a great experience, I don't mind the wait.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 9:41 am Reply with quote

Well at least it won't have any competition after Christmas....

Mass Effect 2,
Bioshock 2,
God of War III,
Bayonetta,
Alan Wake,
Heavy Rain,
Red Steel 2,
GT5,
Alien vs Predator,
Singularity,
Red Dead Revolver,
I am Alive,
White Knight Chronicles
Quantum Theory.......

Oh dear.

As an owner of all three machines, all I can do is laugh.

Well, except for the fact that I can't play any of those fantastic looking games during my Christmas holidays.
Confused Mad

Uncharted 2 and Assassins Creed 2 it is then. Other than those games, I am excited about zilch this crimbo.
I had to use a brush on the end of a very long stick because it was quite a high fox.

Last edited by Mark240473 on 28 Jul 09 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 9:46 am Reply with quote

Good to see the other publishers are making sure MW2 has a clear run this christmas and doesn't crash and burn like it should.

Makes you wonder if they've all bought shares in Activision.
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 9:52 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Well at least it won't have any competition after Christmas....

Mass Effect 2,
Bioshock 2,
God of War III,
Bayonetta,
Alan Wake,
Heavy Rain,
Red Steel 2,
GT5,
Alien vs Predator,
Singularity,
Red Dead Revolver,
I am Alive,
White Knight Chronicles
Quantum Theory.......

Oh dear.

As an owner of all three machines, all I can do is laugh.

Well, except for the fact that I can't play any of those fantastic looking games during my Christmas holidays.
Confused Mad

Uncharted 2 and Assassins Creed 2 it is then. Other than those games, I am excited about zilch this crimbo.

I think it's more to do with the fact that UbiSoft don't really want Splinter Cell directly competing with Assasins Creed 2. Makes sense, I guess.

I'm not too fussed about all these games getting pushed back (especially if it does mean we get a better end-product). Arkham Asylum, Fight Night: Round 4 and all those other games that I've neglected from last year will take up my time.

Smile
heatuk10
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 9:54 am Reply with quote

They probably know that MW2 will blow every other game out the water and maybe feel there profits would be better by delaying it to a quieter month of game releases!
lobo666gaara
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 9:54 am Reply with quote

Totally gutted by this announcment was really looking foward to playing it, god knows ive waited long enough.

Personally it looks like MW2 and FIFA are the only games ill be truly looking foward to at xmas possibly AC2 even tho the game mechanics look like they have'nt changed not in the slighest *yawn*

Guess ill just keep watching Balamory with my son lol
FiltyMonkey
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 10:24 am Reply with quote

lobo666gaara wrote:
Totally gutted by this announcment was really looking foward to playing it, god knows ive waited long enough.

Personally it looks like MW2 and FIFA are the only games ill be truly looking foward to at xmas possibly AC2 even tho the game mechanics look like they have'nt changed not in the slighest *yawn*

Guess ill just keep watching Balamory with my son lol

Yeah with your son....cough.

Actually if you squint enough, Miss Gohooly looks quite hot.
Tonyb
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 10:33 am Reply with quote

If the game's good enough it'll sell well regardless of whether it's released in time for the Christmas rush or not.

Personally, I'd much rather they spend the remaining time adding the "bells and whistles" and tightening the gameplay, it's in everyone's interest!
Shabozi
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 10:44 am Reply with quote

Us gamers are a very funny lot...

When a game comes out that smells a little of 'not enough time in development' we get the pitch forks out and go on a hunt.

Yet we are also very quick to jump on the backs of any game that gets delayed.

Very strange...
blind_fools
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 11:15 am Reply with quote

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
LLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT!
50 bucks says not 1 minute of developement time will be spent on splinter cell conviction after october.
this was either done to maximise $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
or M$ paid them to delay it so they have something to go up against GOW3 and heavy rain and probably GT5 in march.
because i sincerely doubt alan wait will be done by march.
sorry ubi but you just lost 2 sales, and i was really looking forward to SPC and i am alive.
ohwell i no longer have a reason to keep my 360.
who wants a slightly used xbox 360 pro 60GB console?
heatuk10
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 11:29 am Reply with quote

Be patient mate, you'd be foolish to sell your 360 at the mo! plus it will be here in no time! this year is flying by! plus forza 3 is out soon!
shadowsblaze
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 6:23 pm Reply with quote

heatuk10 wrote:
They probably know that MW2 will blow every other game out the water and maybe feel there profits would be better by delaying it to a quieter month of game releases!

It's funny how some people on this forum seem to forget:

1) Not every gamer is a fan of first-person shooters.
2) That Wii Sports Resort will probably sell at least twice as many copies than what Modern Warfare 2 is able to achieve.
3) January to March next year is far from quiet for games releases. In fact there are probably more AAA games being released within the first 3 months of next year than we'll see throughout this year altogether.
Rob S London
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Looked Very polished when I saw it at comic con this weekend...

As did God of War 3 definitely some tactical releasing going on...
Chris W

PostPosted: 28 Jul 09 6:50 pm Reply with quote

heatuk10 wrote:

Completely agree, but seriously how many years has Splinter Cell Conviction been delayed now? Late 2009 is getting thinner by the week... although, I don't exactly mind it being delayed, as like you say traditionally the Christmas season is way too crowded anyway.

The software companies need to get better at spreading out their releases, otherwise good games get buried under better games during the holidays - yes, I know that no one wants to go up against, CoD, Halo and Assassin's Creed, and TBH who can blame them (MAG, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, etc. all delayed until 2010... if anything early 2010 will be a bit too crowded to support the number of titles).

Another thing we've learned this generation is that games can sell well during other parts of the year so instead of sending your game to die for the sake of the hectic Christmas release schedule, you can pick another time of the year, add more polish and do well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: