Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed@RareLtd We must have the same supplier: http://bit.ly/tgAdx
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
ID theft moves to console, PC games | Sports stars praise Wii Sports Resort | Behind the Sims: Pixie Lott video | Wolfenstein: TWO new trailers | ArmA 2 launches with mini-site | New Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires movie | 46 Brütal Legend screenshots | Hardware sales slow in Japan | Metal Gear Solid on US PSN | 13-minutes of God of War III | Activision boss: "We might have to stop supporting Sony" | New StarCraft II footage | New F1 2009 shots whiz in | Splinter Cell won't come to PS3, says Ubi | BioWare eyes up Wii | New Nintendo downloads | Natal equipped Xbox 360 confirmed | Xbox Originals now 'Games On Demand' | Madballs XBLA - first screens | EA 'focusing on online business' | ODST leads consumer interest after E3 | Stare at Modern Wafare 2 again | Empire: Total War update incoming | Cliff B 'not burned out on Gears' | StarCraft II "aiming" for 2009
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 confirmed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
ted1138
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 10:51 am Reply with quote

More Soap? Wink
POIZONED APPLEZ
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 10:51 am Reply with quote

Glad to see they are not swinging to WW2. CoD games have done the WW2 genre proud, and should just leave it where it is at now. Not to say I dislike WaW, because I think it's awesome, but I prefer the Modern warfare setting.

It seems a bit "generic" calling it "Modern Warfare 2". How hard is it to think of something else?!
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:01 am Reply with quote

Im actually thinking of making a personal stand against Activision and not buying any of their games. When I heard they cancelled a lot of games because they couldnt see them being a yearly update/release my heart sank a little.

I know I would be missing out on some top quality titles but their way of thinking is against everything I love about gaming.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:02 am Reply with quote

Mario Kart meets Forza? Sounds like my worst nightmare!
_Marty_
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:04 am Reply with quote

Calling it 'Modern Warfare 2' seems to suggest they are almost creating their own franchise... Interesting.

A new Tony Hawks that you don't use a controller with? Oh dear. Wii Balance Board anyone? One to avoid me thinks.

And ANOTHER Guitar Hero already. Yeesh... Wonder if it'll be an all 4 instrument, World Tour-esque game, or will it revert back to just guitars.
Or will it be something new entirely (how long before we see keyboard too?).
The_Johnson
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:10 am Reply with quote

I've had a great idea - basically you remember that level where your character gets blown up in the nuclear blast (or his helicopter does) and he stumbles around a bit before dying.

Maybe, he wakes up, and finds out he has mutated due to the radiation and he has 4 arms, the legs of a cricket, and rhino horns.

Modern warfare could see you as a mutated soldier fighting the Iraqis.

At first I was just joking, but I've managed to convince myself that this would be an awesome game. Imagine hoofing an Iraqi in the face with your horns and then jumping 300 foot in the air with your cricket legs.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by The_Johnson on 4 Dec 08 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
IcarusAbides
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:11 am Reply with quote

I prefer the modern warfare idea to more WW2 but i was sort of wanting something along the lines of vietnam, that could have been done well, still i look forward to Modern Warfare 2.
ParmaViolet

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:13 am Reply with quote

_Marty_ wrote:
Calling it 'Modern Warfare 2' seems to suggest they are almost creating their own franchise... Interesting.

A new Tony Hawks that you don't use a controller with? Oh dear. Wii Balance Board anyone? One to avoid me thinks.

And ANOTHER Guitar Hero already. Yeesh... Wonder if it'll be an all 4 instrument, World Tour-esque game, or will it revert back to just guitars.
Or will it be something new entirely (how long before we see keyboard too?).

Perhaps Modern Warfare 2 is just a working title and just really an indication of what the game entails (basically following on from COD4).

I really don't know what the future holds for GH. I'll be looking forward to the Hendrix game, but I have no idea whether they'll make any significant changes to the format for the main series - I can't really see that there's any more room for extra instruments and I can't really see them adding any more gameplay features than WT already has (open strings, tapping, wah, slap bass etc). Plus, I don't think they can top the actual guitar packaged with WT.

More of the same?

Smile
Wilzy
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:13 am Reply with quote

COD:MW 2 will be great, W@W is already growing VERY old, back to MW for me until MW 2 Smile W@W guns just do not feel that good at all, I know its WWII but its a game, I want fun, I'm at rank 34 and just cant be doing with it anymore....... although the STG is supposed to be a great gun and its lvl 37.... hmm..... then again I hate the majority of the levels Evil or Very Mad
POIZONED APPLEZ
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:19 am Reply with quote

As far as Guitar Hero is concerned, would it really do them damage to leave Guitar hero 5 for 2010?! I mean, seriously. The amount of GH games released in a 1 year time frame is staggering, and ridiculous. If they continue like this, people just wont bother with GH games anymore.
o Raging Bull o
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:24 am Reply with quote

Im just wondering how they can better the existing game engine,its a must have next christmas whatever they do.

I personally want a bigger and better single player campaign,always ends too quickly i think,even on veteran.
50L1D_5NaK3
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:28 am Reply with quote

I have World at War don’t play it and I’m still playing COD 4. Like many I think that World at War isn’t bad at all its just Modern Warfare is miles better.

Why do they dread a sci-fi genre? Does it have to a halo esque shooter?

Maybe they should entertain the thought of having a massive war that spans decades so you can get endless hours of game play, I mean not like 20 hours but something huge like 50 hours or something. I would like to see a war that starts in the near future i.e. 2100 or what ever and ends years after something like 2500. As you play through the game your weapons become more advanced as the years go by. I like the thought of a world war 3 where Britain and USA invade South Korea or Russia. I mean the power of the 360 and ps3 they could create massive levels where you have a mini nuke and could kill hundreds of enemies at a time. They should definitely do real life settings like fights in New York, London, The Amazon rain forest and real countries as enemies.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:35 am Reply with quote

Is this supposed to be a surprise? It's like saying next tuesday is confirmed.

News just in:

A cup of tea and two slices of toast in 10 minutes! Confirmed!
Waste_Manager
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:37 am Reply with quote

*fist pumps*

Yessss!
CVG GamerScore: 235
pishers
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 11:49 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:

it might not be that bad, it could be an arcade racer where you can buy cars and upgrade them with things like oil slicks and missiles.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 12:11 pm Reply with quote

pishers wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

it might not be that bad, it could be an arcade racer where you can buy cars and upgrade them with things like oil slicks and missiles.

You mean, like that awful SEGA racer? Mmmm.
TemplarX
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 12:11 pm Reply with quote

Wiked! I loved COD4, and i realy hope they have some excellent "holy C%*p" moments again, like the nuke after you've been all heroic and saved someone from a crash! ^_^

Maybe halfway through after you've grown attached to your character and team, your character stops moving and looks down at his bloodied hands because he's been hit by an unexpected snipers bullet! Very Happy

anyone think of any other cool scenarios?
Dajmin

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Is there a problem with the site today? I read the article you guys are talking about a few minutes ago Smile

Anyway, I'm glad to see there's another Modern Warfare coming, because I don't like WW2 shooters anyway so I never bothered with W@W.
There's not that many improvements I could think of making, but more destructible bits would be one - being able to blow away a sniper's cover would add a lot of strategy to the multiplayer.

As for a new franchise, I'm not sure. How many modern conflicts could they make? Surely they can't make that many about oil or nukes Smile
El hanserino
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Activision are sucking the life out of this franchise quicker than jenna jameson in that movie about the pirates..they are basically doing what EA did backinnaday with crapping out games each year that lack any substance - they destroyed Xatrix/ Gray Matter ( i was hoping for a Kigpin sequel) - i am glad that infinity ward are at the helm again tho cuz treyarch just..man..no.
The_Hun1
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 12:29 pm Reply with quote

So the next call of duty game will be called, Call of duty 6: Modern warfare 2?
nottsville

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 12:38 pm Reply with quote

The_Hun1 wrote:
So the next call of duty game will be called, Call of duty 6: Modern warfare 2?

ROFL!
TemplarX
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Call of duty 6: Modern Warfare 2; Soap's revenge - This time its personal!

Razz
CVG Gav
CVG Staff

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 12:41 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:

It'll either be the best thing ever - or the worst...
jayson_90210
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 1:21 pm Reply with quote

CVG Gav wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

It'll either be the best thing ever - or the worst...

Or somewhere inbetween
pishers
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 4 Dec 08 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
pishers wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

You mean, like that awful SEGA racer? Mmmm.

hey, this is bizarre we are talking about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: