New unusual site, possible ARG?
 fill in the blank
 help with unscrambling
 Need some advice from the Pros ;)

Deaddrop.us Forums

Unfiction News and Rumors
·404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/rdf.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.55 (Debian) PHP/4.4.4-1 Server at forums.unfiction.com Port 80
" target="new">404 Not Found

read more...
Support Our Advertisers
ARG News
·on the digital catwalk with h&m (gbr) - MPDClick
·H&G: Heroes' Alexander Talks ARG Influence - Gamasutra
·ARGs Appear in Greece and Portugal - Alternate Reality Gaming Network
·MCP: GAMING NEWS ROUNDUP - 06.19.07 - Cinematic Happenings Under Development

read more...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/header.php:32) in /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/header.php:32) in /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/includes/sessions.php on line 223
Deaddrop.us: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/header.php:32) in /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/includes/page_header.php on line 488

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/header.php:32) in /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/header.php:32) in /u00/sites/deaddrop/html/includes/page_header.php on line 495
deaddrop.us :: View topic - Need some advice from the Pros ;)
  Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Need some advice from the Pros ;)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lpilker
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Need some advice from the Pros ;) Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to the ARG community, and I am in the process of designing a VERY basic "local" ARG for my middle school students. This would consist of clues and a clue trail followed via communication with a Mr. Ryan, who is a museum curator. Some of the artifacts in his museum have recently gone missing and he needs our help to locate them and get to the bottom of what is going on. Also, he sends us a particularly unique artifact (a circular stone somewhat like a Mayan calendar stone) but the problem is he only has half of it. The students will follow clues which lead them through the history of ancient Mesoamerican Cultures, such as the Mayans, the Incas, and the Aztecs, and take them on a virtual tour of some of the major ruins and sites of interest troughout South and Latin America.

Sound like a good start? Again, this is very basic, and any web pages needed are going to be in my local web directory. I guess what I am looking for is any advice you can give me, or some ideas to help fill out my plot.

Thank you very much for any advice you can give.
Nightmaretony
Initiate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a fairly solid plot to work with, for middle school as a learning adventure.

Motivation I think would be a key facotr in the making of your characters. Why would they do this in your story, and what would be the result? It is one thing to have a cryptic puzzle trail, but you really want believable characters for your players to help or hinder during the game.

Art of the Heist, Legend of the sacred Urns, there are some other recovery of stolen items worth looking at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    deaddrop.us Forum Index -> Plots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: