Progression

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erlend
Sinner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Progression Reply with quote
Hi.

I was wondering how you would describe your progression as a drummer nowadays. Are you stuck in a rut or do you feel that you are learning new stuff all the time?
Do you think that you will some day reach the absolute limit of your drumming skills?

Trym
Imp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont think I have gotten any more progression technically but probably musically.
Im not into learning all kinds of new "tricks" anymore, as my focus have become more of what can I do to make this riff sound as good as possible.
I was like most drummers in the beginning trying to push my limits in all specters. But have realized that music is not about skills, as long as you have the skill to perform the best way possible.
If you play solos, its a whole different story.
But in the end its all about sacrifice. A good example of sacrifice is what Fenriz did in Darkthrone.
He was one of the best drummers at the early times, and totally gave in to the music, and have done it ever since. I dont think there is limitation if you set new goals to reach. I would rate my drumming skills as maybe 50% of what I see as a great drummer.
So there is no way I will ever reach the limits of what I would call a great drummer....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // Trym All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: