I think i've lost it......NNNNOOOOOOEEESSSS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devildriver_drummer
Khaotika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: I think i've lost it......NNNNOOOOOOEEESSSS! Reply with quote
Either I never had it in the first place, or I've lost it due to not practicing on my own crappy pedals, it's gone Neutral (probably from practicing only with other pedals at the guitarists practice space with better pedals and looser springs is probably what did it) LAZINESS.

Heel toe, bloody heel toe. No wonder it accents all the time and shit like that, because I'm not doing doubles properly at all. My right foot, all good. My left is the problem

....because the bloody stupid thing decides to gallop the note or come in too early/late or SOMETHING! One Pissed Of M'Fer One Pissed Of M'Fer
Well this sets me back quite a few months, and quite a few songs. From that video of overdrive I really assessed by foot technique, and what do you know, not quite so good doubles at all. Sure, it's the same amount of notes, but not a constant stream. STUPID THING. Anyways, enough ventage. MORE PRACTICE!

Oh well, back to the drawing board, *sets metronome to 160bpm* - A good time to work on singles. One Pissed Of M'Fer

www.myspace.com/stuco_stewart
www.myspace.com/xxxkhaotikaxxx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anarchist_tomato
Utuk Xul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
probably a good thing, i find this kind of stuff happens to me all the time - i lose my mojo for some reason and i dunno why. then i find about a week later i make a major breakthrough. this usually happens to me when i'm studying thru something (ie. extreme interdpendence, etc), don't be afraid of it, just work on your slow grooving if it aint happening, hopefully in a week's time something really cool will happen.

oh, if it's any help, in tim's dvd he shows that to get more of a triplet shuffle (or gallop), move your feet towards the chain end. the further back, the more of a clean "1e" it is. i can't really get the hang of it at the back though, so i'm still kinda galloping.

http://www.myspace.com/soundskp
http://www.myspace.com/djnhoj
devildriver_drummer
Khaotika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, but now I can;t even play some of my band songs Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vitharr
Skål!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe you've over-practiced
devildriver_drummer
Khaotika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vitharr wrote:
Maybe you've over-practiced

Over practised? I wish I did Neutral

Vitharr
Skål!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm, dunno what it could've been then. That kind of stuff happened to me when I practice too much...now I practice too little, hehe
anarchist_tomato
Utuk Xul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
nah seriously dude, i think you'll come good in a week or so, think your muscle memory is working itself out. try laying some metallica or something in the meantime and get that down tight, like the start/stop double-kick sextuplet section in the middle of 'one'.

devildriver_drummer
Khaotika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
anarchist_tomato wrote:
nah seriously dude, i think you'll come good in a week or so, think your muscle memory is working itself out. try laying some metallica or something in the meantime and get that down tight, like the start/stop double-kick sextuplet section in the middle of 'one'.

I reckon i'll start by regaining stuff like spheres of madness (160), then something a tad quicker like chimaira stuff(170'ish depends on what song), then something 180'ish like Lashed to the slave stick (slower part) And work my way up from there. I think I really never had it that's why I thought it was so easy to do heel toe at 260 or whatever my apparent cap was. Oh well, it's a good thing, i can only get better from now, starting slow Razz

anarchist_tomato
Utuk Xul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
160 aint starting slow, get your groove on

devildriver_drummer
Khaotika

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
anarchist_tomato wrote:
160 aint starting slow, get your groove on

Well, I can do heel toe properly clean up to about 200, then it starts getting sketchy. 160 is slow for me.

But I don't get how grooving and stuff will really ultimately help this out. Getting my mind off it?

anarchist_tomato
Utuk Xul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
technique begins at about 120, 160 is still rushing it, all the pros will tell you to slow it down first. if you're not accustomed to going back to a speed like 120, maybe that's your problem - higher speeds are too quick to analyse it at a raw level.

devildriver_drummer
Khaotika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
anarchist_tomato wrote:
technique begins at about 120, 160 is still rushing it, all the pros will tell you to slow it down first. if you're not accustomed to going back to a speed like 120, maybe that's your problem - higher speeds are too quick to analyze it at a raw level.

Eh, but the rocking motion doesn't start till then, practicing 120 for me would just be practicing 120 by itself, not working on what is really counting, the rocking motion. But h, that;s just me. I found out today on the kit my singles are actually faster than heel toe clean Neutral Wtf has happened.

*EDIT*

Been working on heel toe slowly and h'm starting to get it back, I have the speed, but the notes in the wrong place, so yeah, alternating between heel toe and singles at lower bpms is really helping. I'm getting it back!

Also, putting the spring tension down from my modded uber tight setting. I put it down to factory tightest setting and singles and heel toe are coming along alot better. I reckon it was the changing of pedals between the ones at practice being loose, and better pedals, so I got lazy, and crappier, tighter pedals here, and not practicing Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: