Master Blaster Tech!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyrm
Sinner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Master Blaster Tech! Reply with quote
Evil or Very Mad

Hails Trym, never have i seen a drummer so relaxed whilst blastin 280bpm plus lol. Your style is solid and powerful just a few questions man:

1. Like stated earlier, on the Emperor DVD you seem to be drumming shoe/bootless, but on zyklon you are wearing footware do you alternate between the two and does it matter whether you wear shoes or not, personally i find more control bare foot.

2. Do you have any tips for positioning of the kit, e.g. do you ever alter the height/ angle of your snare drum/ toms. or cymbal arrangements? What do you find is personally the best angle for the snare flat or tilted? For a good steady blast with the left hand. Alot of drummers seem to differentiaite alot.

3. I know you mix triggers with the natural drum sound when playing, what is your opinion on triggers are they a good thing and worth investing in? Also do you use the ones that attach to the pedal or the skin of the drum?

4. Finally, Do you have any tips on good pedal set ups? for example, beater distance/angle from the bass skin. Spring tension? Wooden, plastic or cloth beaters?

Thankyou for taking time to read this post Hails! Very Happy

Trym
Imp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Master Blaster Tech! Reply with quote
Hyrm wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

Hails Trym, never have i seen a drummer so relaxed whilst blastin 280bpm plus lol. Your style is solid and powerful just a few questions man:

1. Like stated earlier, on the Emperor DVD you seem to be drumming shoe/bootless, but on zyklon you are wearing footware do you alternate between the two and does it matter whether you wear shoes or not, personally i find more control bare foot.
- I prefer to play with shoes. That way I get better grip and power.

2. Do you have any tips for positioning of the kit, e.g. do you ever alter the height/ angle of your snare drum/ toms. or cymbal arrangements? What do you find is personally the best angle for the snare flat or tilted? For a good steady blast with the left hand. Alot of drummers seem to differentiaite alot.
-I have changed the posission untill I find what feels most natural to play. I had the same set-up for years now, and I dont have to look where I am playing, since its all in my mind. I try to anways play with my shoulders low. Thats why I have both the snare and ride quite low.

3. I know you mix triggers with the natural drum sound when playing, what is your opinion on triggers are they a good thing and worth investing in? Also do you use the ones that attach to the pedal or the skin of the drum?
- I use triggers on kicks. Its hard to get kicks tuned rigth, and at the same time sound good. I have triggers attached to the kick.

4. Finally, Do you have any tips on good pedal set ups? for example, beater distance/angle from the bass skin. Spring tension? Wooden, plastic or cloth beaters?
- I have the beaters angle about 45`from the head of the kick.
To be able to play fast, you need the spring tention to be pretty strong. It also helps to have a beater with small head. It depends on what kind of pedals you have. But I suggest that you try different setups and feel what is best for you.

Thankyou for taking time to read this post Hails! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // Trym All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: