Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Microsoft announces X10 | MS: We have 'unparalleled lineup of blockbusters' | Classic Controller Pro heads Stateside | Platinum Games' new title revealed this week | I Am Alive to feature multiplayer? | BioShock 2 DRM 'scaled back' | Pole Position 2010 screens | Napoleon: Total War screens | COD Zombies 'Lite' on App Store | Assassin's Creed II PC version detailed | God of War III targeting March 19 - Sony | Six new God of War 3 screenshots | Sega All-Stars Racing DS screenshots | PS3 Video Store update | LEGO Harry Potter is like Zelda, says dev | Music genre hasn't peaked, says Harmonix | New Halo Reach screens slip out | Gaming does NOT cause rickets - official | Heavy Rain 'not written for tabloids or censorship' | Fallout MMO court transcript leaked | Mass Effect 2 review round-up | Modern Warfare 2: Another amazing knife kill | Just Dance holds UK chart lead | Heavy Rain gameplay - first nine minutes | Metroid Prime man behind this week's WiiWare download
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Heavy Rain review is in
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
ensabahnur
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Looking good, though i will wait to see what some other reviews say as official mags (all formats) do always seem to rate games a little higher. But Farenheit was a fantastic game so hopes defo are high for this one.

Question is will i be able to drag myself away from Mass Effect 2 and Dantes Inferno?

Last edited by ensabahnur on 18 Jan 10 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Suivatam109PS3
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:32 pm Reply with quote

I find it hard to EVER trust an Official Magazine's review of an exclusive game... regardless of which console or what the game is.
microhenry
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Despite being reviewed by an official mag, it's still good to read a review. Especially as there's still time to cancel my pre-order Wink
moss66
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:36 pm Reply with quote

Cant wait. Think im gonna get the special edition. 1st launch day release of 2010 for me. Very Happy
PS3_fannyboy

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:38 pm Reply with quote

Ho ho ho, is that the eponymous Heavy Rain I see surging toward me or is it just a flood of jealous tears! Cool
VOR
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Think OPM is quite good as with regards to reviewing first parties. They did KZ2 no favours.
Black Mantis
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:43 pm Reply with quote

ensabahnur wrote:
Looking good, though i will wait to see what some other reviews say as official mags (all formats) do always seem to rate games a little higher. But Farenheit was a fantastic game so hopes defo are high for this one.

Question is will i be able to drag myself away from Mass Effect 2 and Dantes Inferno?

I'm in the same dilemma. The Dante's Inferno demo held a Scythe to my throat and demanded my cash! I'll wait for some reviews from multi-platform publications before deciding which one to get.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:44 pm Reply with quote

The OPM review is good enough for me. I find that sites like 1up and IGN are far more likely to hand out the big scores than the official mags.

I am sure that Heavy Rain will recieve wildly differing reviews and scores (looking forward to the CVG review!), but I think that, overall, Heavy Rain will fare well with the critics.

Pre-order incoming.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:47 pm Reply with quote

WOW Just preordered the special ed from HMV. I was going to get it anyway but this just confirmed what i already thought about it. Can't bloody wait!!!!
ensabahnur

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
The OPM review is good enough for me. I find that sites like 1up and IGN are far more likely to hand out the big scores than the official mags.

I am sure that Heavy Rain will recieve wildly differing reviews and scores (looking forward to the CVG review!), but I think that, overall, Heavy Rain will fare well with the critics.

Pre-order incoming.
IGN's reviews have went right downhill IMO. The multiplatform reviews are mostly just copy and paste jobs. PS3 and 360 ones read just the same not even mentioning any differences between them, apart from the Bayonetta one which i don't think they'd have gotten away with.

I've got this pre-ordered anyway, hopefully the rest of the reviews are just as praising.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 3:00 pm Reply with quote

ensabahnur wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Pre-order incoming.
IGN's reviews have went right downhill IMO. The multiplatform reviews are mostly just copy and paste jobs. PS3 and 360 ones read just the same not even mentioning any differences between them, apart from the Bayonetta one which i don't think they'd have gotten away with.

I've got this pre-ordered anyway, hopefully the rest of the reviews are just as praising.

I think it'll probably be another few weeks before we see any more reviews, especially as the game isn't out until late Feb. I say that because Mass Effect 2 is out in 2 weeks and I have only seen 1 official review.
Sinthetic
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 3:27 pm Reply with quote

was there ever any doubt? not for me.
ReaperMan
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 3:34 pm Reply with quote

IGN tend to leave platform comparisons to their Insider channel, where they do text and video head-to-heads, but it's part of their chargeable service.
slick loose
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
was there ever any doubt?

Yeah, loads actually. And tbh i'm still not convinced enough to buy it, BioShock 2 and God of War III/collection seem more worthy of my JSA cash Very Happy
Jensonjet
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 3:45 pm Reply with quote

PS3_fannyboy wrote:
Ho ho ho, is that the eponymous Heavy Rain I see surging toward me or is it just a flood of jealous tears! Cool

You've tried to drum up some 360 fanboy insults, but you've completely failed. Read through the Xbox exclusive game forums for the comments you seek. Or just be happy and enjoy your new game like the majority of Playstation gamers.
ensabahnur

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 3:45 pm Reply with quote

ReaperMan wrote:
IGN tend to leave platform comparisons to their Insider channel, where they do text and video head-to-heads, but it's part of their chargeable service.
Yeah but even those have went downhill. They mostly boil down to which pad you prefer or just the writers personal preference and they even sometimes do head2heads with the PS2 involved. Digital Foundry on Eurogamer does much better comparisons, so i use either them or Lens of Truth.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 4:05 pm Reply with quote

If you never want to be disappointed by a game after reading a review, read Edge.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 4:09 pm Reply with quote

so is that the same mag who proclaimed world at war was a better game than the original modern warfare?? Confused

Last edited by svd_grasshopper on 18 Jan 10 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
benstevens

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Fantastic!! i was expecting a 7 or 8 because of how unique and different it is.

Mine is pre ordered with HMV.
darry
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

You've tried to drum up some 360 fanboy insults, but you've completely failed. Read through the Xbox exclusive game forums for the comments you seek. Or just be happy and enjoy your new game like the majority of Playstation gamers.

Also, major eponymous fail.
PS3_fannyboy

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 5:09 pm Reply with quote

Jensonjet wrote:
PS3_fannyboy wrote:

Well, the fact that it irked you enough to reply is sufficient for me, Jenson! Wink

I shall take the stunned silence of the xbots as a victory...

Last edited by PS3_fannyboy on 18 Jan 10 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
anagi
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 5:15 pm Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it being a 'official' magazine, they gave motorstorm 2 a 6 and infamous an 8 - not that biased then

special edition on pre-order - cannot wait
WHERESMYMONKEY

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 5:47 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
so is that the same mag who proclaimed world at war was a better game than the original modern warfare?? Confused

But it is.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 5:55 pm Reply with quote

even if that were true. which it aint. its gets voided for using IW's engine and template.

activisions bitch.
Multiplayerking
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 5:56 pm Reply with quote

WHERESMYMONKEY is a bloody genius! WaW is so much better than MW in every aspect. It's definitely better than MW2. Reasonable perks. No stupid riot shields and commando. Semi-automatic guns that take a bit of skills, great maps, no stupid killstreaks that ruin the game.
WaW is still Number 1. Roll on COD7! Treyarch rule!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: