Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedSee iPad games in action: http://bit.ly/aisbDs Anyone getting one?
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
The Grinder no longer Wii exclusive | Final Fantasy VII HD remake 'hard to make' | Team Fortress 2 update released | L.A. Noire reveal soon | BlizzCon 2010 dates revealed? | Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce demo live | Dark Void DLC detailed | An 'early' look at Natal unit | Just Cause 2 demo confirmed | Star Trek Online 'doesn't need Warcraft fans' | Yakuza 3 Trailer released | The Sims celebrates its tenth birthday | Free! TLBB Beta Keys | Fallout: New Vegas trailer released | Iron Man 2 trailer out | PSN Update - FFVIII, AvP demo | Sonic & Knuckles on Virtual Console next week | Aliens Vs. Predator demo LIVE | Sony: PS3's best is yet to come | BioShock 2 Plasmid & Tonic guide | De Blob 2 confirmed for Wii | Dante's Inferno review round-up | PS3 sales rise as PSP, PS2 fall | Fallout: New Vegas details today | PS3 'Arc' is "rumoured codename" - Sony
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
First NBA Jam screens (it looks good)
View previous topic - View next topic  
yerbluesjohn
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 3:31 pm Reply with quote

I like the idea but I'm not 100% convinced by the photo cut-out heads. It looks kind of cheap, but maybe it looks better in motion. It could be pretty funny if players' facial expressions change by switching to different cut-outs, via super-crude animation Smile
milky_joe
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 3:40 pm Reply with quote

Laughing That looks like incredible fun.
 a3HeadedMonkey 
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 3:45 pm Reply with quote

yerbluesjohn wrote:
I like the idea but I'm not 100% convinced by the photo cut-out heads. It looks kind of cheap, but maybe it looks better in motion. It could be pretty funny if players' facial expressions change by switching to different cut-outs, via super-crude animation Smile

You've obviously never played NBA JAM then.

This looks amazing! I really want this. Looks like a very faithful update. It also looks like 'big head mode' is turned on in two of these shots, which looks pretty amusing. Smile
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 4:15 pm Reply with quote

I actually quite like the cut-out heads looks. The idea that they don't move in realtime but instead only change when there's a specific expression sounds awesome Smile
Especially if they include the crazy mascot heads that were in TE back in the SNES days.

HE'S ON FIRE!
darry
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 4:48 pm Reply with quote

This looks great! Really hope they can keep the same action packed feeling from the original.
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 5:03 pm Reply with quote

I smiled from ear to ear looking at those shots. that's a good sign for an NBA Jam game. The facial expressions remind me of Saddam Hussein in the South Park Movies Laughing
only_777
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Is it the shoes?
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 6:13 pm Reply with quote

kimoak wrote:
I smiled from ear to ear looking at those shots. that's a good sign for an NBA Jam game. The facial expressions remind me of Saddam Hussein in the South Park Movies Laughing

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I think it looks pretty good - better than I thought it would, anyway.

As long as they keep the fun and fluid gameplay of the original, I can see this becoming a multiplayer favourite all over again.

Booyakasha!!!

Smile
SavageEvil
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 4 Feb 10 2:21 am Reply with quote

Something looks wrong in these shots. Like the heads are not part of the overall graphics, looks like cuts outs photoshopped on. EA can do better than this, they should go light cel shaded look(closer to NBA Hangtime) toss in character creator as well, keep all the jam stuff in. Not to forget the hilarious commentary, that is a definite. Lets hope they don't go making the game too technical, keep it 3 button shoot, steal and turbo. I hope that someone releases NBA Hangtime for the VC, I need my fix.

Looks like nike has a part in this game, everyone is wearing Forces'. Hmmm...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: