Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedSee iPad games in action: http://bit.ly/aisbDs Anyone getting one?
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Saints Row 3 and new Red Faction incoming | Steam downtime planned | Trauma Team delayed | Swarm sees new pics | Scribblenauts sells a million | Xbox Live activity for week of Jan 25 | Dead or Alive Paradise: "dental-floss thongs" | Madden 10 predicts Superbowl winner | Battlefield: Bad Company 2 demo hits PS3 | 2009's bestselling games revealed | Star Trek Online DLC: What do YOU want to see? | Metroid: Other M 'progressing extremely well' | Sega reveals Tournament of Legends for Wii | Square Enix's Nier release date nailed | Sony "thinking about" charging for PSN | Aliens Vs. Predator demo TOMORROW | Take Two refutes downsizing story | First NBA Jam screens (it looks good) | Zelda Wii playable this summer | Head tracking, 3D for next MotoGP | New Battlefield: Bad Company 2 screens land | Take-Two cutting 20% of its workforce | No More Heroes 2 gameplay video | Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver's 'awesome' mini-game revealed | Splinter Cell Conviction screens trio
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Gran Turismo 5 release "this fall" - Sony
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
altitude2k
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:23 am Reply with quote

Man alive...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news_gt52007_230805
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:29 am Reply with quote

are you disappointed like?

stupid troll.
DevilsNeverCry
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:31 am Reply with quote

Lol. Polyphony Digital epic fail.

I have seriously 0 anticipation for this game now.

Delayed almost as much as Duke Nukem forever and at the end of it all will be Gran Turismo 4 with very limited damage physics, slightly improved engine and improved graphics.

Yet ND can roll out UC2 a couple of years after the first one and almost maximise PS3s hardware usage, create a game that receives critical acclaim status and still have started the 3rd before PD have even finished this dross.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:31 am Reply with quote

I'm not, necessarily. But a lot of people damn well should be disappointed.
paul_brown940

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:33 am Reply with quote

Oh for f**ks sake, you motherf**cking son of a b***h b****rd c**k sucking t**t s**thead a r s e (can I say that on this website?) Smile had to spell out bottom cos they keep changing it to bottom, and now this sentence doesn't make sense.

on a more serious note.... thats disappointing if true, but does seem to tie in with the story about launching with these new fangled 3D televisions later in the year.

Last edited by paul_brown940 on 2 Feb 10 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
voodoo341
Kudos: 40

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:34 am Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
I'm not, necessarily. But a lot of people damn well should be disappointed.

Well now that you've told us all to be... I'm just going to have to be disappointed.
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:39 am Reply with quote

I'll believe it when I see it. For a game that was announced as being "finished" in about October and then "about 90% complete" in December, it looks like we're actually moving backwards.

Obvious analogy:
I'll get it in the same bundle as Duke Nukem Forever.
Shabozi
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:42 am Reply with quote

voodoo341 wrote:

Well now that you've told us all to be... I'm just going to have to be disappointed.

So are you not disappointed then?

I think this story is no real shocker to anyone, I still really doubt it is going to even be released in 2010, but hey thats my opinion.

I am still really disappointed though.
voodoo341

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:46 am Reply with quote

Shabozi wrote:

I think this story is no real shocker to anyone, I still really doubt it is going to even be released in 2010, but hey thats my opinion.

errmmmm not particularly... never was a fan of racing sims. More of a Modnation Racer fan myself.
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:46 am Reply with quote

Possibly the Halo: Reach effect?

Sony are needing something to go up against MS's big hitter and there isnt much bigger on the PS than GT.
Shabozi

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:48 am Reply with quote

DevilsNeverCry wrote:

Yet ND can roll out UC2 a couple of years after the first one and almost maximise PS3s hardware usage, create a game that receives critical acclaim status and still have started the 3rd before PD have even finished this dross.

Just a slight correction to the above, ND made Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2 and started working on UC3 in the time it has taken PD to make one game, GT5.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:48 am Reply with quote

voodoo341 wrote:
Shabozi wrote:

errmmmm not particularly... never was a fan of racing sims. More of a Modnation Racer fan myself.

Then obviously you don't fall into my category of "some people", do you? Ipso facto, no need to be disappointed.
ted1138
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:50 am Reply with quote

Sad really, this is one of those games Sony showed off early on(+Killzone2) to prove the PS3 was better than the 360, and now they can't get it finished(they even sold a demo to raise funds to finish it).
PSN:ted1138-ftw
captain savaloy
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:50 am Reply with quote

Bloody hell, can't quite figure out if GT5 is in development hell, or there is some other strategical / financial reason for them to keep pushing it back.

Its been in development for, what, 6 years now?, in salaries alone that must have cost Sony a FORTUNE, and there is still no concrete release date.
Shabozi

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:51 am Reply with quote

voodoo341 wrote:

Right, ok then thats fine... does beg the question of why you are posting in topic regarding the release date of a game that doesn't interest you, but hey each to their own...
voodoo341

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:56 am Reply with quote

Shabozi wrote:

Right, ok then thats fine... does beg the question of why you are posting in topic regarding the release date of a game that doesn't interest you, but hey each to their own...

Not particularly interested doesn't mean not interested at all. Wink
dorian2011
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:59 am Reply with quote

sony when are you announcing duke nukem as a playabe race driver?
versionr

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:02 pm Reply with quote

"Get used to disappointment"
- The Dread Pirate Roberts

At this rate they will keep going back and redeveloping it as the gaming world will have moved on as each target date slips!
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:10 pm Reply with quote

this is a game everyone should know not to anticipate - by now at least.

just pick it up when its out. dont get excited about it.

hyping games up in that way only leads to disappointments.

its mostly 360 owners that are 'disappointed' by this anyway. why the fuck are we comparing uncharted to gran turismo?! sad.
moss66
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:12 pm Reply with quote

TBH I really hope this game bombs now. I brought my PS3 when it was bundled with prologue, and can't believe were still waiting for the full game. Dont care if it's the sistien chaple of games,or if PD are shating out Davinchis on a daily bases NO game takes this long. Really hope it backfires in their face and no one buys it or gets universally panned for not comming upto scratch after all this time in development.

Hell theres gotta be kids on PS3 who were in nappies when this was supposed to come out.
Shabozi

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:12 pm Reply with quote

voodoo341 wrote:

Not particularly interested doesn't mean not interested at all. Wink

So you have some kind of interest in GT5, but you aren't disappointed that it hasn't been released yet?
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:15 pm Reply with quote

ha and i f***in called this on the official ps3 forums, knew this game wouldnt come out till end of this year but nice heavy hitter for sonys end of 2010 line up thou wonder what else theyl have for end of 2010
captain savaloy

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:22 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
its mostly 360 owners that are 'disappointed' by this anyway.

Really?, what about those of us who own both?
Shabozi

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:24 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:

its mostly 360 owners that are 'disappointed' by this anyway. why the fuck are we comparing uncharted to gran turismo?! sad.

Sad? I was simply stating that in the time it has taken to make GT5 Naughty Dog have made 2 Uncharted games.

You can't make a direct comparison because they are different games, that is true, however both Uncharted games are generally received as 'world class games' surely the same level of game that PD are trying to achieve with GT5, and two of them have been made in less time than it has taken to make GT5.

For a more direct comparison it might be worthwile looking at Forza.

3 Forza games have been released since the release of GT4, all of them receiving 90 or above on metacritic.
Shabozi

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:25 pm Reply with quote

captain savaloy wrote:
svd_grasshopper wrote:
its mostly 360 owners that are 'disappointed' by this anyway.

Really?, what about those of us who own both?

Ditto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: