Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedSee iPad games in action: http://bit.ly/aisbDs Anyone getting one?
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Saints Row 3 and new Red Faction incoming | Steam downtime planned | Trauma Team delayed | Swarm sees new pics | Scribblenauts sells a million | Xbox Live activity for week of Jan 25 | Dead or Alive Paradise: "dental-floss thongs" | Madden 10 predicts Superbowl winner | Battlefield: Bad Company 2 demo hits PS3 | 2009's bestselling games revealed | Star Trek Online DLC: What do YOU want to see? | Metroid: Other M 'progressing extremely well' | Sega reveals Tournament of Legends for Wii | Square Enix's Nier release date nailed | Sony "thinking about" charging for PSN | Aliens Vs. Predator demo TOMORROW | Take Two refutes downsizing story | First NBA Jam screens (it looks good) | Zelda Wii playable this summer | Head tracking, 3D for next MotoGP | New Battlefield: Bad Company 2 screens land | Take-Two cutting 20% of its workforce | No More Heroes 2 gameplay video | Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver's 'awesome' mini-game revealed | Splinter Cell Conviction screens trio
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
PSPgo getting re-launch, price cut?
View previous topic - View next topic  
DevilsNeverCry
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:26 am Reply with quote

I guarantee if Sony hadn't had such a narrow sight of scope for this product then it would have sold by the bucket loads.

No UMD drive for a start gives people LESS options on ways to get their gaming fix - and miss out on massive discounts. The only discounts they can rely on is online retailers selling PSN cards for a couple of quid cheaper.

Ridiculously overpriced games on PSN. The cost of having them on PSN is probably far less than the cost of producing thousands of instances of packaging etc. PSN pricing needs to come DOWN.
Athrun888
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:28 am Reply with quote

Ugh just give up already Sony, the go was a complete disaster being dd was part of the problem but having a complete farce of a selection of games on psn is the other, oh and the fact the 3000 does literally everything (minus blutooth) the go can without sacrificing umd.

Seriously just give up on it sony, if I want a psp I'll stick with my (superior) 3000 model.
martinawatson
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:43 am Reply with quote

yes, lower pricing- and qaulity control on the mini's, there was a kung fu game ,witch looked so shockingly s**t, like a poor free flash game youd get on pc the mind boggles, and people say the ipad is s**t ,over 140,000 aps that will work instantly for a few pounds, by the time Sony wake up it will be too late.
Games that link with the Ps3 should be numerous by now , how many are there, f**k all.
Remote play -how many games work with that,,,errr the dragon game that was first released with console to poor reviews, err any more
There was a link game on nintendo gamecube looked brilliant, something like that perhaps..sheesh
only_777
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:49 am Reply with quote

Sorry Sony, but a handheld system that is download software only is something the public is not quite ready for yet.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:08 pm Reply with quote

Ways to fix the go.

Turn it into a sort of contract portable where you pay so much a month and be able to have free reign over what you download for it and the console itself is free.

Or

Drop the price of the thing by at least £50 and up the content on the PSN store and make it cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.
leefear1
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:12 pm Reply with quote

martinawatson wrote:
yes, lower pricing- and qaulity control on the mini's, there was a kung fu game ,witch looked so shockingly s**t, like a poor free flash game youd get on pc the mind boggles, and people say the ipad is s**t ,over 140,000 aps that will work instantly for a few pounds, by the time Sony wake up it will be too late.
Games that link with the Ps3 should be numerous by now , how many are there, f**k all.
Remote play -how many games work with that,,,errr the dragon game that was first released with console to poor reviews, err any more
There was a link game on nintendo gamecube looked brilliant, something like that perhaps..sheesh

There were a number of great link games on the Gamecube. My favourite is Pac man Vs which is a genius implementation.

And yes the ipad is indeed s**t, If sony had Apples marketing machine behind them the PSPgo would sell truck loads. They have not though so people see it for what it is, a gimped yet more expensive psp.
nottsville
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:16 pm Reply with quote

only_777 wrote:
Sorry Sony, but a handheld system that is download software only is something the public is not quite ready for yet.

Don't you think that what's happening here is more of a reflection of the "download only" model people have been banging on about for ages?

Everyone has been saying "downloading is the future", but now that a download only console is available no one is buying the thing.

I mean, look at the games on demand service on the Xbox. The games available are available to buy in the shops for at least half the price of what they are in store.

I'm actually looking at maybe getting a PSP when the new MGS game finally comes out, but the PSP go isn't on my radar. It's a more expensive option than the normal PSP, and with less features.

If they game me a good reason to buy it, other than it looks like a nice bit of kit, i probably would.
lonewolf2002
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Talk about flogging a dead horse, give it up already, enough negative stuff was said about the GO by a lot of gamers before release. Now releasing it a second time is not going to turn a turkey into a goose. Rolling Eyes
WoW Realm=Stormrage Char=Loanwolf (human rogue)
mhelmy
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:43 pm Reply with quote

they must give it up. If they were to kkep doing this they'll lose money.

I'm gonna stick with my psp 3000 brick.

They should invest their money on creating a nex gen handheld. PSP is outdated and needs to be upgraded.
They need to think of what their major competition has and implement that on a new PSP.

Also the failed launch of psp-go just means people still prefer to have their media in physical form.

they have to sell psp go under £90 to start selling.
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 1:17 pm Reply with quote

I thought it was an overpriced piece of s**t the first time. What's gonna make me change my mind now? SONY are having a laugh here. Trying to sucker us into buying this waste of money. They really do think we are idiots.

So yeah, PSPGo F**k yourself!
quain-chi
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 1:49 pm Reply with quote

If the pspgo was alot cheaper £85-100, id prob get one.
gideonseer
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
"Someone close to Sony" told Gamervision that the rumoured re-launch "is imminent", with the platform holder keen "to rekindle some sort of excitement over the handheld".

Therein lies the problem...if you have to 'rekindle some sort of excitment' then you've already lost. Though 'rekindle' implies excitement in the first place, I don't recall any. PSPgo seems to me like someone in an office deciding to go all futuristic (download only) without actually researching the market. Why oh why didn't they plough the money into a PSP with second control stick?!?! Gamers have been crying out for THAT for years. I wouldn't buy a PSPgo if it was on sale for one quid. Well...maybe, then sell on ebay Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: