Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedSee iPad games in action: http://bit.ly/aisbDs Anyone getting one?
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Saints Row 3 and new Red Faction incoming | Steam downtime planned | Trauma Team delayed | Swarm sees new pics | Scribblenauts sells a million | Xbox Live activity for week of Jan 25 | Dead or Alive Paradise: "dental-floss thongs" | Madden 10 predicts Superbowl winner | Battlefield: Bad Company 2 demo hits PS3 | 2009's bestselling games revealed | Star Trek Online DLC: What do YOU want to see? | Metroid: Other M 'progressing extremely well' | Sega reveals Tournament of Legends for Wii | Square Enix's Nier release date nailed | Sony "thinking about" charging for PSN | Aliens Vs. Predator demo TOMORROW | Take Two refutes downsizing story | First NBA Jam screens (it looks good) | Zelda Wii playable this summer | Head tracking, 3D for next MotoGP | New Battlefield: Bad Company 2 screens land | Take-Two cutting 20% of its workforce | No More Heroes 2 gameplay video | Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver's 'awesome' mini-game revealed | Splinter Cell Conviction screens trio
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Star Trek Online dev keen on 360, PS3 release
View previous topic - View next topic  
IbanezLewis
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 4:43 pm Reply with quote

This could be good on consoles. I'm always wanting to play games like Mass Effect and Oblivion/Fallout with my friends, so having the option of playing a MMORPG like this would be good. I played the beta on the pc and liked it, but not enough to warrant buying it. I would re-consider if it were available for the 360 because partying up and chatting would be much easier then it is on the pc.
Joshinator2008
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 5:01 pm Reply with quote

Sweet, haven't played the beta yet, but sounds and looks good. As long as their isn't a subscription fee for the console version's I'll definatly get it.
FinalBillybong
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 5:33 pm Reply with quote

^^Then you won't be getting it.
XBL Gamertag + Steam: FinalBillybong
only_777
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 11:55 pm Reply with quote

Joshinator2008 wrote:
As long as their isn't a subscription fee for the console version's I'll definatly get it.

You will never play a good MMO with that attitude. All free MMO's are s**t.
jon_hill987
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:58 am Reply with quote

IbanezLewis wrote:
I would re-consider if it were available for the 360 because partying up and chatting would be much easier then it is on the pc.

How did you work that one out? What does the 360 have that a PC doesn't?
only_777

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 2:26 pm Reply with quote

jon_hill987 wrote:
IbanezLewis wrote:
I would re-consider if it were available for the 360 because partying up and chatting would be much easier then it is on the pc.

How did you work that one out? What does the 360 have that a PC doesn't?

He probably thinks you could use the 360 friend features on a multi format MMO! As we know though, he is wrong. Case example: FFXI
jon_hill987
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 4:41 pm Reply with quote

Well friends is something that a PC does very well in fact if the XBox version is anything like the god awful GFWL version then there are far better clients on the PC (Steam, XFire).
only_777

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 5:12 pm Reply with quote

jon_hill987 wrote:
Well friends is something that a PC does very well in fact if the XBox version is anything like the god awful GFWL version then there are far better clients on the PC (Steam, XFire).

Err, but a multi platform game has to rely on in-game friend options. Anything built into the system (360 dashboard, Steam, PS-XMB, etc) will not work becuase the hardware playing them is not the same. I can't use the PS friends list to contact a player playing the same game but through Xfire.
judgeraye
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 7:38 pm Reply with quote

"You will never play a good MMO with that attitude. All free MMO's are s**t."

Does that include Modern Warfare 2, Jackass?
only_777

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 9:22 am Reply with quote

judgeraye wrote:
"You will never play a good MMO with that attitude. All free MMO's are s**t."

Does that include Modern Warfare 2, Jackass?

Laughing Laughing Laughing You idiot! MW2 is not an MMO! 32 players or whatever is hardly massize multiplayer is it! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft - these are MMO's! When you are actually surrounded by thousands of players. When you walk into a town and the whole city is filled with other players.

Not even MAG is an MMO!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: