Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedSee iPad games in action: http://bit.ly/aisbDs Anyone getting one?
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Mass Effect 2 source code says 'PS3' | Civilization Facebook beta delayed | The Secret World in-game footage | World of Warcraft patched | New Games On Demand added | Iwata: New Wii needs more than just HD | NiGHTS confirmed for Sega All-Stars Racing | BioShock 2 US launch plans | Heavy Rain requires 4.2GB install | NBA 2K10 sells over 2 million worldwide | Dante's Inferno review scores trickle out | Quantum Theory slips | More Prison Break screens and official website land | Mass Effect 3 release timed to "maximise quality" | Dante's Inferno DLC detailed | Mass Effect 2 sex video arrives | Namco Bandai cutting 630 jobs | Join CVG's Facebook fan page | God of War 3 rated '18' in UK | Alien vs Predator Survivor Mode trailer | Days of Thunder trailer released | PS3 Mass Effect 2 - EA offers 'no comment' | Madison naked in Heavy Rain video | Wii 2 "needs something new" - Iwata | Capcom: Western devs to only handle "established brands"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
FIFA World Cup 2010 detailed
View previous topic - View next topic  
feedel
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 27 Jan 10 10:42 am Reply with quote

i know it's only 3 days, but why should the us market get Fifa first, when let's face it, europe has the largest football following, makes no sense to me.
Eclipse Dj
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 27 Jan 10 11:06 am Reply with quote

Surely this uses the FIFA 10 engine? so why haven't EA offered a DLC pack (for say £10) alongside a separate retail version? (which should realistically retail at around £19.99) though I'm sure EA will happily milk it's fanbase for another £39.99. Rolling Eyes
Adam81uk
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 27 Jan 10 11:55 am Reply with quote

Yep once again the Fifa franchise is being well and truly milked. Having said that i prob will buy it especially once the World Cup euphoria cranks up.

I havent played Fifa10 in a while so can't really see myself buying Fifa11 after a World Cup edition unless its significantly different from its predecessor, which doesn't look likely.
Mr S0L0 D0L0
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 27 Jan 10 12:59 pm Reply with quote

No thanks, full retail price for a game with less features than the annual edition of the game (which could also be argued about what they offer every year at retail as apposed to updating via DLC).

I totally see the point of it, people will buy it and it will make EA and FIFA a lot of money.
MrMoobs
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 27 Jan 10 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Surely saying ( Hello Rep of Ireland ) instead of ( Hello Scotland ) would have been far more amusing in the write up.
DAEDALUS79
Kudos: 41

PostPosted: 27 Jan 10 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Agreed, Id pay a tenner or so to download DLC packs to get the extra content, but im not gonna spend £40 on what is essentially fifa 10 in a different skin.

Oh and contender for "worst box art ever" right here.
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 27 Jan 10 3:29 pm Reply with quote

DAEDALUS79 wrote:
Agreed, Id pay a tenner or so to download DLC packs to get the extra content, but im not gonna spend £40 on what is essentially fifa 10 in a different skin.

Oh and contender for "worst box art ever" right here.

It's pretty bad, it looks like a cereal box....however, the prize for worst box art has to go to that old Megaman cover - that is truly awful.

On the other hand, I've just recieved my Forza 3 Collectors Edition (I know, I waited to pick it up) and the cover - which is all in black (with no screenshots on the back) - is really quite cool.

Smile
hello0123
Banned

PostPosted: 28 Jan 10 1:25 am Reply with quote

This message is not being displayed because the poster is banned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: