Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedPlayStation party tonight: the theme is black and white dress. Considered busting out the storm trooper suit, but... http://bit.ly/alpOTS
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Sony: More "existing franchises" to get motion updates | Fresh Brink screenshots | God of War 3 review - 9/10 in OPM | Tiger Woods Online video is in | Halo: Reach - 'Bungie's most powerful title' | Alien vs. Predator gameplay trailer | Nintendo struggling to meet US Wii demand | Square "interested in" 3D FFXIII | Killzone 3 details in "next few months" | FIFA World Cup 2010 screenshots | X10 line-up (partially) detailed | No More Heroes 2 out April | Rise of the Godslayer 'mount' footage released | Halo: Reach is NOT Natal compatible - official | Bungie: We won't make a 3D Halo | GTA V no-show will benefit True Crime, says Activision | Call Of Duty 7 won't be as big as Modern Warfare 2 - Activision | Activision Blizzard 2009 revenues up | Blur beta coming next month | Activision confirms Call Of Duty 7 for 2010 | Iron Man 2 signs Lamb Of God | "Supernanny" tackles violent games | Champions Online expansion offered for free | Gran Turismo 5 online screens | Microsoft turned down the US army
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Excitebike Wii gameplay video
View previous topic - View next topic  
Osiris25
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Should be good fun when it arrives, Plus online multiplayer & Track editor is great news too. Very Happy
Tao
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Christ, that looks dull.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 1:29 pm Reply with quote

it's ace. really fun and addictive. Definately a fitting tribute to the original.
Hobophobik
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 1:43 pm Reply with quote

Looks like there is little skill to it :/

Maybe it should of been a DS game?
Osiris25

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 3:22 pm Reply with quote

So you never played a DS game then....!?

Why do people make stupid comments about these things that they often know little about.

If you've never played Excite Bike why bloody comment on it? Whats wrong with people today.... Evil or Very Mad
WHERESMYMONKEY

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 4:57 pm Reply with quote

i'm going to put it down to being under the age of 20. Having never played awesome original how could they understand the simple and addictive brilliance that is excitebuike. bloody sony gen gamers.... *much stick waving*
Osiris25

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 5:31 pm Reply with quote

bloody sony gen gamers.... *much stick waving*

Your not wrong there! I miss the days of Ninty and Sega fans, At least they had respect for each other and we had fun along the way instead of mindless putdowns and insults Rolling Eyes
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 5:32 pm Reply with quote

Gonna get this for sure! I loved the original one. I used to go into the local Boots store where they had the demo machines to play 30 seconds of various games... 30 seconds of Exciteabike.. over and over Smile

Before I got myself an NES of course. Track editor and online is a great touch. I'll make sure my friends get it too. Will be a laugh in multiplayer with our own tracks. Gonna see how evil I can be with them. Smile
JuiKuen
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 1 Feb 10 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Whilst it might be fun, I'm think I'll give this a miss. Still holding out for Super Mario Kart. Come on Nintendo! (Yes, still going on about it, sorry!)
gmctyphoon
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:44 am Reply with quote

Why oh why has this taken sooooooooo loooooooonnnnggg to get to these lands?
the US has had it for months!!!!!

This fact that this game was out & I couldnt get a copy at the time( & no confirmed euro release date) has sent me down the whole homebrew path!
Well done nintendo!!!
How many more like me do the same with this & Super Mario Kart?
Shame on you NINTENDO!

Now the good stuff.. GReat game, you wont be dissapointed! but why do people moan about graphics? this is about gameplay & fun!! also its not a full price tital.
If you have never played excitebike, you are missing out badly!! go get it
WHERESMYMONKEY

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 9:24 am Reply with quote

gmctyphoon wrote:
Why oh why has this taken sooooooooo loooooooonnnnggg to get to these lands?
the US has had it for months!!!!!

This fact that this game was out & I couldnt get a copy at the time( & no confirmed euro release date) has sent me down the whole homebrew path!
Well done nintendo!!!
How many more like me do the same with this & Super Mario Kart?
Shame on you NINTENDO!

Now the good stuff.. GReat game, you wont be dissapointed! but why do people moan about graphics? this is about gameplay & fun!! also its not a full price tital.
If you have never played excitebike, you are missing out badly!! go get it

Good luck with Super Mario Kart you won't get the offical NTSC one to run on your wii. Then again who needs em when you have injected wads. Who's up for a game of Golden eye?
Osiris25

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 9:51 am Reply with quote

Good luck with Super Mario Kart you won't get the offical NTSC one to run on your wii. Then again who needs em when you have injected wads. Who's up for a game of Golden eye?

I am! But the sad news is that last week I put my cartridge in my N64 and it doesn't load Sad Sad Sad
Looks like I'm going to have to hunt one out on Ebay.
Hobophobik

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 10:32 am Reply with quote

Osiris25 wrote:

So you never played a DS game then....!?

Why do people make stupid comments about these things that they often know little about.

If you've never played Excite Bike why bloody comment on it? Whats wrong with people today.... Evil or Very Mad

You're correct I've never played Excite Bike and my opinions were based on the video. If your suggesting the game-play extends beyond shifting your bike left to right across the track then I'd have to reconsider, but based on what I saw I'm still of the opinion that there is little skill to this game.

My comment about being a DS game was not a criticism, although I can see how you would interpret it like that. I actually was thinking that the relatively static orthogonal view would easily be replicated on the DS.

...and yes I own a DS and Wii.
WHERESMYMONKEY

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 10:47 am Reply with quote

you'd be surprised how much skill is involved with this game. Like most games of the 8bit gen, it was deceptively tricky. This update is no exception.
Hobophobik

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 10:56 am Reply with quote

Yeah I agree, many 8/16 bit games were fiendishly difficult, but more than often repetitive.

Over time my taste have changed and games have improved. I find the memories of playing these games much more valuable than the opportunity to replay them on my Wii.
Osiris25

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:39 am Reply with quote

My comment about being a DS game was not a criticism, although I can see how you would interpret it like that.

Always nice to see things cleared up Cool All I'd say is maybe give Excitebike a try, its only a 1000 points and if you don't like it, hell I'll refund you Wink
monkeymagic
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 11:41 am Reply with quote

Ah memories of going round a mates house as a kid to play this and failing utterly...

I'd also like to know why they haven't released excitebots over here? It's been given fairly good reviews and it can't be that hard to localise surely?
Hobophobik

PostPosted: 2 Feb 10 12:20 pm Reply with quote

Osiris25 wrote:
My comment about being a DS game was not a criticism, although I can see how you would interpret it like that.

Always nice to see things cleared up Cool All I'd say is maybe give Excitebike a try, its only a 1000 points and if you don't like it, hell I'll refund you Wink

Think I'll pass, although your welcome to refund me for Wave Race 64. It was a game I always wanted, but ultimately a disappointment; My first and last Virtual Console purchase.
gmctyphoon
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 3 Feb 10 1:09 am Reply with quote

"Good luck with Super Mario Kart you won't get the offical NTSC one to run on your wii. Then again who needs em when you have injected wads. Who's up for a game of Golden eye?"

After a crash course in homebrew (thanks to NIN not releasing EWR in europe in november like the US) you'd be suprised what will run, I was told EWRally would not run due to NTSC wad, seems fine to me!! Very Happy
As for Super mario kart, I have no need as I still have my snes, ps1,ps2, Dreamcast, nes ,N64 , cube still set up along with my wii & ps3 Cool
Can I just say excitebike 64 is a TOP game too & has the origonal version & a 3d version to unlock!
One of my fave series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: