Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedSee iPad games in action: http://bit.ly/aisbDs Anyone getting one?
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Mass Effect 2 source code says 'PS3' | Civilization Facebook beta delayed | The Secret World in-game footage | World of Warcraft patched | New Games On Demand added | Iwata: New Wii needs more than just HD | NiGHTS confirmed for Sega All-Stars Racing | BioShock 2 US launch plans | Heavy Rain requires 4.2GB install | NBA 2K10 sells over 2 million worldwide | Dante's Inferno review scores trickle out | Quantum Theory slips | More Prison Break screens and official website land | Mass Effect 3 release timed to "maximise quality" | Dante's Inferno DLC detailed | Mass Effect 2 sex video arrives | Namco Bandai cutting 630 jobs | Join CVG's Facebook fan page | God of War 3 rated '18' in UK | Alien vs Predator Survivor Mode trailer | Days of Thunder trailer released | PS3 Mass Effect 2 - EA offers 'no comment' | Madison naked in Heavy Rain video | Wii 2 "needs something new" - Iwata | Capcom: Western devs to only handle "established brands"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
iPad lands Apple in potential legal battle
View previous topic - View next topic  
strapp31
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 29 Jan 10 4:24 pm Reply with quote

It's OK, Apple can just change it to iTampon.
Triffic
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 29 Jan 10 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Like i've already said... they'd have saved themselves a lot of trouble if they had just called it "The Flatputer".
flash501
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 29 Jan 10 5:16 pm Reply with quote

They'll have to go back to the original name, the 'ibiggermoreexpensiveipodtouch$$$'. To be fair I can see why they preferred 'ipad'.
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 29 Jan 10 5:30 pm Reply with quote

I'd have gone with the "iAmnotaphone". Or maybe "iSupine".
SavageEvil
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 29 Jan 10 7:12 pm Reply with quote

IpodXL perhaps?
Desaima
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 29 Jan 10 11:19 pm Reply with quote

Maybe apple could give it a clever name instead of using the tired theme?
flash501
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 30 Jan 10 1:11 am Reply with quote

Dajmin wrote:
I'd have gone with the "iAmnotaphone". Or maybe "iSupine".

Or maybe the "icantbelieveitsnotanipodtouch".
gazza_be
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 30 Jan 10 1:12 am Reply with quote

i cant see fujitsu gaining much from this. It is apple after all
SICARIUS1
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 30 Jan 10 3:56 am Reply with quote

ilaughed.
aetyr
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 30 Jan 10 6:52 am Reply with quote

Just like when they announced the iPhone and then got sued because someone else already made an iPhone, this will have no real effect on the iPad. Apple will through a few gazillion dollars from under their pillow at the problem and it will go away.
Not that I disapprove. Everyone's happy; Apple get what they want, the original iPad folks get rich and none of us notice because it really makes no difference to the end user. Same as when it happened with the iPhone.

Anyone want to place bets on the best iPatent to already own when Apple expand to another market in a few years' time? iBox 360? iCar? iCan't Believe It's Not Butter?
only_777
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 30 Jan 10 9:59 am Reply with quote

Like I said before on a different thread, should be called the iSlab
sakaspuds
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 30 Jan 10 10:20 am Reply with quote

should be called the ibrokeit because if you put that in a bag, that screen is going to get damaged...
Mr S0L0 D0L0
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 30 Jan 10 7:40 pm Reply with quote

They should definitely change the name to iDum because this product just seems like a massive fail, anyone who buys this over anything else on the market is a fool, I'm not an Apple hater either (I write this on my MacBook), but it's not anymore portable than my laptop is because it won't fit in my pocket, it can't do anything an iPhone can't do really and it comes at a higher price point.
spam23
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 30 Jan 10 8:14 pm Reply with quote

idon'tcare. I'm getting sick of the lower case 9th letter of the alphabet prefix, I almost miss the lower case 5th letter of the alphabet prefix that plagued the tech of the 90's.

iAlso, iit's ian ioverpriced inetbook iwith ian iexposed iscreen ijust iwaiting ito iget iscratched ior ibroke iin ia ibag. iWhat ican iit ido ian iipod itouch ior ia inetbook ican't ido?
Gaseous Snake
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 30 Jan 10 9:57 pm Reply with quote

HA!

That is all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: