Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedTom's 70 quid bin has become quite a controversy. How much is YOUR bin worth??
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Rockstar 'saddened' by employee accusations | Final Fantasy XIII Collector's Edition confirmed | Kojima: "Not many ideas come from my team" | PS3 sales hit 3 million in UK | Resi 5 Alt Edition drops PS3 motion? | Assassin's Creed 2 DLC release date nailed | Tony Hawk hypes 'next project' | Silent Hill dev: On-rail shooters died with Dreamcast | PSN gives devs "weaker negotiating position" | Bayonetta 2 could be "spin-off" | Xbox Live "more juvenile" than PSN | This week's Nintendo downloads | Mass Effect 3 release date in Late 2011? | Capcom to reveal game on Xbox Live | Epic: 'No regrets' over Microsoft exclusivity | Final Fantasy VIII PSN dated | Heavy Rain demo release date | GT5 vs real life - video | Face it - you may just be born a bad gamer | BioShock 2 DRM explained | Final Fantasy I and II coming to iPhone | Tetris racks up 100 million downloads | 15 new Resident Evil 5: Gold screens | Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 announced | EU PSN update: ModNation Racers beta
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Chavez: PlayStation is "poison"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 10:31 am Reply with quote

"It's poison!.....

It's poison, running through my veins!"

Does anybody else think that he could be just a little paranoid?

Who said that? Laughing
Tobal
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 10:37 am Reply with quote

lol, what a gimp.
Squall5005
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 10:44 am Reply with quote

I believe it to be more like heroin...it's very moreish
heatuk10
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 10:46 am Reply with quote

You see worse s**t watching the news! get a grip mate it's the 21st century!
bazzatuk
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 10:59 am Reply with quote

He's right. I only touched my PS3 last week and I ended up in hospital.

They said I had an extreme case of console poisoning.
benstevens
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 11:08 am Reply with quote

Well i am hooked and have been for over 10 years!!!!
kricca
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 11:15 am Reply with quote

And this is coming from someone wearing bright red PJs and a matching beret?
Mark Hayhurst
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 11:16 am Reply with quote

Here's a BBC story on this guy; he's a well renowned idiot:

Hugo Chavez's verbal abuse of world leaders has become legendary. At the weekend, the Venezuelan leader was told to "shut up" by the Spanish King, Juan Carlos, after attacking Spain's former prime minister and the monarch, himself.

Since his election in a landslide victory in 1998, Mr Chavez has largely fired up his rhetoric against the United States and her allies.

Below is a selection of the most memorable of Mr Chavez's colourful quotations.

THE DEVIL COMES

Hugo Chavez used his speech to lash at US influence

Speech Extract
In a dramatic speech to the United Nations in September 2006, Mr Chavez famously described George W Bush as the "Devil".

The Devil is right at home. The Devil, the Devil himself, is right in the house.

And the Devil came here yesterday. Yesterday the Devil came here. Right here. [crosses himself] And it smells of sulphur still today.

Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the president of the United States, the gentleman to whom I refer as the Devil, came here, talking as if he owned the world. Truly. As the owner of the world.

DANGER OR DONKEY?
Mr Bush has long been the focus of Mr Chavez's tirades. In a nationally televised speech in March 2006, the Venezuelan leader was not short of ways to described the US president:

You are ignoramus, you are a burro, Mr Danger... or to say it to you in my bad English: [switching languages] You are a donkey, Mr Danger. You are a donkey, Mr George W Bush.

[Returning to Spanish] You are a coward, a killer, a [perpetrator of] genocide, an alcoholic, a drunk, a liar, an immoral person, Mr Danger. You are the worst, Mr Danger. The worst of this planet... A psychologically sick man, I know it.

DON'T MESS WITH ME, LITTLE GIRL

Condoleezza Rice had described Venezuela as a menace
Mr Chavez has referred to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice as "little girl" on a number of occasions.

In February 2006, Ms Rice described Venezuela as a menace to regional democracy.

She spoke of an "inoculation strategy" against a country she called a "sidekick" of Iran.

During his weekly Sunday broadcast, Mr Chavez replied with a warning to Ms Rice:

Remember, little girl, I'm like the thorn tree that flowers on the plain. I waft my scent to passers-by and snooker cue he who shakes me. Don't mess with me, Condoleezza. Don't mess with me, girl.

He blew a screen kiss to Ms Rice and jokingly referred to her as "Condolence."

IMPERIALIST PAWN

Tony Blair was accused of not having an morals
The former British Prime Minister Tony Blair also came in for verbal abuse. In 2006, Mr Blair urged Venezuela to abide by the rules of the international community. Mr Chavez replied that Mr Blair had flouted those very rules by invading Iraq.

Don't be shameless, Mr Blair. Don't be immoral, Mr Blair. You are one of those who have no morals. You are not one who has the right to criticise anyone about the rules of the international community.

You are an imperialist pawn who attempts to curry favour with Danger Bush-Hitler, the number one mass murderer and assassin there is on the planet.

Go straight to hell, Mr Blair.

Chavez rejects 'attack' by Blair

THE NEW HOLOCAUST
Also in 2006, Mr Chavez warned that his country would most likely sever links with Israel in protest at its military offensive in Lebanon.

He said he had "no interest" in maintaining relations with Israel, which he has accused of committing genocide.

Israel has gone mad. It's attacking, doing the same thing to the Palestinian and Lebanese people that it has criticised - and with reason - [in the case of] the Holocaust. But this is a new Holocaust.

Venezuela 'to sever Israel ties'

SAD, SO SAD
Mr Chavez has verbally blasted his neighbours on a number of occasions. In 2005, he described his then Mexican counterpart, Vicente Fox, as a puppy dog for United States imperialism.

Mr Chavez said Mr Fox had, as he put it, been left bleeding by a recent Summit of the Americas.

It makes one sad to see the sell-out of President Fox, really it makes one sad.

How sad that the president of a people like the Mexicans lets himself become the puppy dog of the empire.

YET ANOTHER 'IDIOT'
Earlier this year, Mr Chavez called on the Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS), Jose Miguel Insulza, to resign after he condemned the Venezuelan government's decision not to renew a private TV station's licence.

Dr Insulza is quite an idiot, a true idiot.

The insipid Dr Insulza should resign from the secretariat of the OAS for daring to play that role.

IN PRAISE OF MUGABE

President Chavez praised Robert Mugabe as a "freedom fighter"
At times, Mr Chavez has riled the international community not with his verbal abuse, but with his praise of controversial heads of state.

In 2004, he praised Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe as a "freedom fighter".

I give you a replica of liberator Simon Bolivar's sword. For you who, like Bolivar, took up arms to liberate your people.

For you who, like Bolivar, are and will always be a true freedom fighter. [Mugabe] continues, alongside his people, to confront the pretensions of new imperialists.

Mr Mugabe, who was in Venezuela for a summit of the G-15 group of developing nations, smiled as he unsheathed the sword and swung it about.

HALLOWEEN
In 2005, Mr Chavez issued an attack on Halloween, telling his countrymen that it had no place in Venezuelan society.

He used his weekly TV and radio broadcast to caution that the observance is strictly a "gringa," or North American custom. He described it as:

Terrorism, putting fear into other nations, putting fear into their own people.

Families go and begin to disguise their children as witches. This is contrary to our way.
PS3_fannyboy

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 11:28 am Reply with quote

Pah, sounds like a job for Tomas Senchenko...Twisted Evil
nottsville
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 11:31 am Reply with quote

Sounds like someone is still upset about Mercenaries 2!
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 11:38 am Reply with quote

Mark Hayhurst wrote:
Here's a BBC story on this guy; he's a well renowned idiot:

Hugo Chavez's verbal abuse of world leaders has become legendary. At the weekend, the Venezuelan leader was told to "shut up" by the Spanish King, Juan Carlos, after attacking Spain's former prime minister and the monarch, himself.

Since his election in a landslide victory in 1998, Mr Chavez has largely fired up his rhetoric against the United States and her allies.

Below is a selection of the most memorable of Mr Chavez's colourful quotations.

THE DEVIL COMES

Hugo Chavez used his speech to lash at US influence

Speech Extract
In a dramatic speech to the United Nations in September 2006, Mr Chavez famously described George W Bush as the "Devil".

The Devil is right at home. The Devil, the Devil himself, is right in the house.

And the Devil came here yesterday. Yesterday the Devil came here. Right here. [crosses himself] And it smells of sulphur still today.

Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the president of the United States, the gentleman to whom I refer as the Devil, came here, talking as if he owned the world. Truly. As the owner of the world.

DANGER OR DONKEY?
Mr Bush has long been the focus of Mr Chavez's tirades. In a nationally televised speech in March 2006, the Venezuelan leader was not short of ways to described the US president:

You are ignoramus, you are a burro, Mr Danger... or to say it to you in my bad English: [switching languages] You are a donkey, Mr Danger. You are a donkey, Mr George W Bush.

[Returning to Spanish] You are a coward, a killer, a [perpetrator of] genocide, an alcoholic, a drunk, a liar, an immoral person, Mr Danger. You are the worst, Mr Danger. The worst of this planet... A psychologically sick man, I know it.

DON'T MESS WITH ME, LITTLE GIRL

Condoleezza Rice had described Venezuela as a menace
Mr Chavez has referred to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice as "little girl" on a number of occasions.

In February 2006, Ms Rice described Venezuela as a menace to regional democracy.

She spoke of an "inoculation strategy" against a country she called a "sidekick" of Iran.

During his weekly Sunday broadcast, Mr Chavez replied with a warning to Ms Rice:

Remember, little girl, I'm like the thorn tree that flowers on the plain. I waft my scent to passers-by and snooker cue he who shakes me. Don't mess with me, Condoleezza. Don't mess with me, girl.

He blew a screen kiss to Ms Rice and jokingly referred to her as "Condolence."

IMPERIALIST PAWN

Tony Blair was accused of not having an morals
The former British Prime Minister Tony Blair also came in for verbal abuse. In 2006, Mr Blair urged Venezuela to abide by the rules of the international community. Mr Chavez replied that Mr Blair had flouted those very rules by invading Iraq.

Don't be shameless, Mr Blair. Don't be immoral, Mr Blair. You are one of those who have no morals. You are not one who has the right to criticise anyone about the rules of the international community.

You are an imperialist pawn who attempts to curry favour with Danger Bush-Hitler, the number one mass murderer and assassin there is on the planet.

Go straight to hell, Mr Blair.

Chavez rejects 'attack' by Blair

THE NEW HOLOCAUST
Also in 2006, Mr Chavez warned that his country would most likely sever links with Israel in protest at its military offensive in Lebanon.

He said he had "no interest" in maintaining relations with Israel, which he has accused of committing genocide.

Israel has gone mad. It's attacking, doing the same thing to the Palestinian and Lebanese people that it has criticised - and with reason - [in the case of] the Holocaust. But this is a new Holocaust.

Venezuela 'to sever Israel ties'

SAD, SO SAD
Mr Chavez has verbally blasted his neighbours on a number of occasions. In 2005, he described his then Mexican counterpart, Vicente Fox, as a puppy dog for United States imperialism.

Mr Chavez said Mr Fox had, as he put it, been left bleeding by a recent Summit of the Americas.

It makes one sad to see the sell-out of President Fox, really it makes one sad.

How sad that the president of a people like the Mexicans lets himself become the puppy dog of the empire.

YET ANOTHER 'IDIOT'
Earlier this year, Mr Chavez called on the Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS), Jose Miguel Insulza, to resign after he condemned the Venezuelan government's decision not to renew a private TV station's licence.

Dr Insulza is quite an idiot, a true idiot.

The insipid Dr Insulza should resign from the secretariat of the OAS for daring to play that role.

IN PRAISE OF MUGABE

President Chavez praised Robert Mugabe as a "freedom fighter"
At times, Mr Chavez has riled the international community not with his verbal abuse, but with his praise of controversial heads of state.

In 2004, he praised Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe as a "freedom fighter".

I give you a replica of liberator Simon Bolivar's sword. For you who, like Bolivar, took up arms to liberate your people.

For you who, like Bolivar, are and will always be a true freedom fighter. [Mugabe] continues, alongside his people, to confront the pretensions of new imperialists.

Mr Mugabe, who was in Venezuela for a summit of the G-15 group of developing nations, smiled as he unsheathed the sword and swung it about.

HALLOWEEN
In 2005, Mr Chavez issued an attack on Halloween, telling his countrymen that it had no place in Venezuelan society.

He used his weekly TV and radio broadcast to caution that the observance is strictly a "gringa," or North American custom. He described it as:

Terrorism, putting fear into other nations, putting fear into their own people.

Families go and begin to disguise their children as witches. This is contrary to our way.

:Lol:

What a loony. How could anyone take someone like this seriously. Smile
Jensonjet
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 11:48 am Reply with quote

He may have worded his anti-videogaming feelings different from most, but his attitude only reflects that of our politicians and the media.

However, I can't help but agree with comments on George Bush! Chavez may not have a clue about games, but he had the right idea about Bush.

Personally I just think he's not found the right game to play yet. I think he'd change his mind after a few minutes with Tropico 3.
PS3_fannyboy

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Laughing
cian84

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 12:11 pm Reply with quote

He should get his hands on Brain Training. Wink
harky
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Finally the man talks some sense!
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 12:16 pm Reply with quote

So guys, how many of you decided you needed an M4 after playing CoD4? Since the games are apparently creating that market.

The dude is totally fruit loops.
slick loose
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 12:37 pm Reply with quote

*struggles to contain laughter*

maybe we should all chuck our ps3's out the window

*bursts into laughter*

WHAT A T1T!!! He looks like a camp military Santa Laughing
BenJy!
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 12:38 pm Reply with quote

tl;dr

NO GAEMZ
fionn1
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Lando Calrissian's co pilot seems to have done well since Star Wars Very Happy
Tricky_Rich
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Anyone who slates George Bush is alright with me, even if they are a loony in every other conceivable way!
The Bossman

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:35 pm Reply with quote

This guys a crackpot, lol. I only wished he said Donkey W Bush instead of George, I'd have loved to have seen that. Razz
Speciala

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 2:50 pm Reply with quote

He is saying no to gloabalisation and trying to promote his own countries' culture.

He might be a lunatic, but at least he speaks out against the global powers that be.

We are just seeing the begining of propaganda in gaming. They will get away with it because gaming journalists will let them. Modern Warfare 2 is an early example.
Sleepaphobic
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Your face is poison.
battles_atlas
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 4:04 pm Reply with quote

What's lunatic about a guy that puts the interests of his people before those of multinational corporations? What a whacky concept!

He should be laughing at us - the poor saps who voted for a left of centre party and got New Labour.

And if you think many games dont serve as propaganda for the Whitehouse view of the world, then you're as dumb as many of the posts above.
dannage805
Kudos: 4

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 5:29 pm Reply with quote

He was in a game?
Oh i remember now... yea i killed him good Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: