Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedSee iPad games in action: http://bit.ly/aisbDs Anyone getting one?
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Steam explodes over 2009 | Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta stats | Aliens vs Predator Classic gets multiplayer | Mass Effect 2 does 2 million | Blur trailer looking good | Star Trek Online - exclusive new screens | Alan Wake 2? 'Wait and see', says Microsoft | Project Natal a 'paradigm shift' - Ubisoft | PS3 wand: 10 games supported this year | Nintendo/Mistwalker unveil Wii RPG | BioWare already working on Mass Effect 3 | iPad lands Apple in potential legal battle | RUSE - See making of video here | Street Fighter Alpha 2 hits Wii | Star Wars: Battlefront revived by SOCOM dev? | US PSN Update list: Uncharted 2 DLC | FIFA Online details revealed - screens | Iwata: iPad just "a bigger iPod Touch" | Dead to Rights Retribution release date | Ubisoft's FIFA/PES rival is "rumour" | Metroid: Other M out in summer | Fallout: New Vegas nabbed by Namco | Guitar Hero devs 'came close to killing each other' | Resident Evil creator's 'Vanquish' revealed | PS3 Episodes From Liberty City confirmed
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
MS launches Xbox Engineering Blog
View previous topic - View next topic  
footieharry
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 17 Jan 10 8:23 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
If you've ever wanted to know just a little bit more about how things work in your Xbox 360

you mean If you've ever wanted to know just a little bit more about how things BREAK in your Xbox?
bazzatuk
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 17 Jan 10 9:06 pm Reply with quote

footieharry wrote:
Quote:
If you've ever wanted to know just a little bit more about how things work in your Xbox 360

you mean If you've ever wanted to know just a little bit more about how things BREAK in your Xbox?

Yeah great post that mate. My PS3 broke before Christmas and I had to replace my launch 60GB with a Slim.

Was NOT happy because I had to pay for something which is becoming a common fault with the launch models, damn bloody BluRay laser failure first and then it completely died a few days later and wouldn't output any video.
footieharry
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 17 Jan 10 9:42 pm Reply with quote

i dont get it? my ps1, ps2, dreamcast, wii, n64, gamecube they still work fine after a decade but my 360? after a year... broken. My Pc i've had for 7 years still works great but my 360 a year. Why don't they build them to last they did it before.

I buy an expensive product knowing it will last me not living in fear of using it.

With Natal extending the 'life' of the xbox 360 I can't see many consoles bought on release day to work until the next console is out, But i do know many (i mean some) people with a 360 that hasn't failed on them just yet.
bazzatuk
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 17 Jan 10 10:34 pm Reply with quote

footieharry wrote:
i dont get it? my ps1, ps2, dreamcast, wii, n64, gamecube they still work fine after a decade but my 360? after a year... broken. My Pc i've had for 7 years still works great but my 360 a year. Why don't they build them to last they did it before.

I buy an expensive product knowing it will last me not living in fear of using it.

With Natal extending the 'life' of the xbox 360 I can't see many consoles bought on release day to work until the next console is out, But i do know many (i mean some) people with a 360 that hasn't failed on them just yet.

I do wish people would stop going on about the RRoD. It's much less of an issue now anyway. The new consoles like the Jasper of which all new models on store shelves are have eradicated the issue down to the usual less 5% failures manufacturers expect.

MS got it wrong with the launch units, they did, they know they did and that is why they gave everyone a 3 year warranty. But if you buy a brand new Xbox 360 today, it is very unlikely to fail.

So quit going on about it.

I have had my launch 360 RRoD after two years, it was repaired and back to me in just over a week. I have also had my launch PS3 fail after 2 years and I had to buy a new one.

I know which warranty I preferred. My point both consoles have their failures, but MS did something about it. Something which Sony never did about the issues with the PS2 laser failures that plagued that system.
raredevice
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 10:00 am Reply with quote

I've had 6 Xbox 360s now and not paid a penny more than the initial �300 outlay. It is annoying to think that Microsoft have had my console for 3 months in the last 4 years, but now I have a new Jasper version, courtesy of MS again. That's some fancy warranty there. As has been said, yes they cocked up, but they have handled the fallout impeccably.
PS3_fannyboy
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 10:23 am Reply with quote

"The Jasper" Laughing

Not trying to be a tw@t but it is a pretty funny name!

Can't wait for "The Archibald"...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: