Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedDark Void: The verdict is in. Disappointed? http://bit.ly/61kqfT
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
E3 2010 exhibitor list goes live | Microsoft eyes EPSN for Xbox 360 | Quantum Theory release date confirmed | DSi named one of 2009's most irritating ads | Bioshock 2 multiplayer 'wasn't shoved on' | God Of War 3 hands-on impressions | iPlayer console use up 74% | UK R4 importer jailed | No plans for Heavy Rain sequel | Tekken 6 Heihachi Mishima voice actor dead | Hellgate: London set to return | UK PSN Video Store Update | Lost Planet 2 PC details emerges | 500 Wii Points up for grabs | God of War 3 screens land | MS: Natal can help revive Japanese industry | Brink dev cites COD and Quake as 'classic' level designs | Mario Galaxy wins game of the decade award | Warcraft boss talks LOTR influence | Heavy Rain review is in | New Red Steel 2 gameplay video | Silent Hill: Shattered Memories trailer | UK Chart: Just Dance shoots down Modern Warfare 2 | PS3 firmware 3.15 is mandatory | Heavy Rain Special Edition package revealed
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Wii Netflix lacking HD is 'no loss', says Nintendo
View previous topic - View next topic  
piccadillio
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 16 Jan 10 12:16 am Reply with quote

I hate Nintendo's attitude. The way they talk about HD capability and the importance of online integration just shows how little they care about creating the best experience they can. The Wii is the absolute bottom line, I honestly wish they had gone the way of Sega.
rip_it_up
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 16 Jan 10 12:33 am Reply with quote

not to fussed to be honest if i wanted to watch hd id use my ps3(bluray) and 1080p tv, and not streamed 720p stuff at a premium compared to 480p
richard99
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 16 Jan 10 7:43 pm Reply with quote

This really doesn't bother me, HD is nice but I don't think theres a huge difference and SD downloads quicker anyways.
Besides I don't think anyone would take the Wii seriously as a multimedia device, there isn't even a DVD player.
SoLiDsNaKE**
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 16 Jan 10 10:05 pm Reply with quote

LOL what crap.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 9:47 am Reply with quote

I like the wii becasue it does what it says on the tin. Its a games machine first and foremost. It hasn't gotten confused on its purpose like the PS3 and 360 have.

Everything else is just fluff and nintendo treat it as such.
bazzatuk
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 11:47 am Reply with quote

There is a difference from SD to HD.

The bigger your screen the more noticeable it becomes. You haven't really experienced HD until you watch 1080p movies from a BluRay source.

Some of the online streaming services look nice in HD, but they still don't match up to a BluRay.
bazzatuk

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 11:53 am Reply with quote

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:
I like the wii becasue it does what it says on the tin. Its a games machine first and foremost. It hasn't gotten confused on its purpose like the PS3 and 360 have.

Everything else is just fluff and nintendo treat it as such.

Just to be really picky, there is no such word as 'gotten' in British English.
Wozzakl

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 12:27 pm Reply with quote

No loss? Try to buy a standard def telly these days and see how limited your options are.

That said, you'd be mad to view video throuigha Wii anyway, unless it's connected to ye olde CRT.
johnboy_johsnon
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 18 Jan 10 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Got a Wii at the weekend and I have to admit it's the first time that I really appreciated HD. Tried to look at a couple of photos through the system and they were an absolute joke, blurry as hell. I loaded up the same photo on my PS3 and the difference was unreal.

I'm glad it came free with a phone contract as I don't think it will be getting much playtime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: