Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedGrab your Free Star Trek Online beta key! 1500 live on the home page at 4pm GMT!
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
MS launches Xbox Engineering Blog | The hardest game on Wii is... | Wii Netflix lacking HD is 'no loss', says Nintendo | Wii 2 'not just a HD upgrade', says Reggie | Free! Star Trek Online beta keys | Gran Turismo 5 3D out this summer - report | New GT5 trailer, screens of awesome | Counter-Strike 2 petition hits Facebook | Valve's Gabe Newell awarded industry honour | Saints Row, Red Faction developer at work again | I Am Alive gets complete reboot | All-new Ghost Recon confirmed | Rockstar responds to Red Dead "problems" | DJ Hero 2 confirmed | iPhone apps lose $450 million to piracy | Sega All-Stars Racing release date confirmed | Beyond Good & Evil 2 still in production | Picross 3D release date confirmed | Clash of the Titans screenshots | The Last Guardian is GamesRadar's most anticipated of 2010 | First Tekken movie trailer | More Sega All-Stars Racing characters outed | This week's Nintendo downloads | Halo: Reach takes series to a 'new level' - Microsoft | North America's bestselling games of 2009 are...
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Halo: Reach takes series to a 'new level' - Microsoft
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 11:38 am Reply with quote

Halo...... Blah, blah, blah...... Sales...... Blah, blah, blah......
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 11:46 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Halo...... Blah, blah, blah...... Sales...... Blah, blah, blah......

Still had to comment though, right?
PS3_fannyboy
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 11:47 am Reply with quote

Halo: Reach for the Pro Plus! Laughing
adgr19
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 11:49 am Reply with quote

yup, cranking up the hype machine. hope the multiplayer maps are better this time
pmantis
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 11:51 am Reply with quote

halo died when halo 3 and odst were released. Medal of honor is going to p**s on its grave, and do a massive turd on call of dutys aswell.
wildhook2
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 11:55 am Reply with quote

Thanks to CVG I can see a word Halo with my eyes closed.
meady
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 11:57 am Reply with quote

I haven't even played halo3 word!
altitude2k
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:04 pm Reply with quote

PS3_fannyboy wrote:

That joke gets funnier every time you tell it. Ass.
Cernunnos
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:19 pm Reply with quote

i dont understand the statement. yes, it can be the biggest game of 2010, but everyone knows that you cant dismiss the possibility. its not like they even said it would be, but that it could.

Halo as a franchise is massive, so it having gargantuan sales is more or less a given from the start.
i just hopes it lives up to be all that it can.

and the new MoH wont p**s on anything.
heatuk10
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:21 pm Reply with quote

It's either going to be the dog's b******s or there just hyping it up to be the dog's b******s!
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Thing is, the Halo games might not have brought anything revolutionary to the table for a while, but they're still fun to play. They put you in a role and tell you a story and I've got no problem with that. I'd rather something was good at what it knows than fails trying to be unique.
CelticSpectre
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:34 pm Reply with quote

MS must be really crapping their pants over God of war 3 and GT5 if they can't stop talking about Halo Reach that isn't out for another 11 months.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:35 pm Reply with quote

As a single console exclusive there is no way it will sell better than MW2. It's a damn shame, but that's just a fact.

It may very well sell better than MW2 did on the 360, though.

EDIT: Also, CVG, you need to stop using this Halo Wars picture for Reach news Wink

Last edited by altitude2k on 15 Jan 10 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
CelticSpectre
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:36 pm Reply with quote

Dajmin wrote:
They put you in a role and tell you a story and I've got no problem with that.

You've just described every game since space invaders and pong.
Conkers
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:37 pm Reply with quote

PS3_fannyboy wrote:

Is that so you can stay up all night playing it when the game comes out?

Now as much as I love Halo, I am getting a little tired of hearing the exact same thing over and over, this has already been said, no need to say it again, truthful or not as it may turn out to be it is only being a charlie big b******s and as such merely guesswork.

Plus it puts far too much expectation on a game that will already have the weight of the world on it's shoulders come the release date.

Anyway, bring on the beta.
ParmaViolet

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:44 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
PS3_fannyboy wrote:

That joke gets funnier every time you tell it. Ass.

The sad thing is, he genuinely finds it funny. Mind you, his cracks at the PS3 when he called himself 'EnglishShmuppet' weren't funny either - now he's turned the tables, it's just pathetic.

The other thing is that he accused StoneCold of having a 'humour bypass' in another thread when he failed to find anything funny about some other cretinous attempt at humour he'd made.

Seriously Fannyboy - don't ever try standup.

Wink
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:46 pm Reply with quote

Modern Warfare 2 had a hell of a lot of hype generated and it sold shed loads. This is the same scenario, so I expect Halo Reach to do the same tbh. If the game is not up to the hype, it won't matter if the sales are super high. Again, look at Modern Warfare 2.
will7476
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:57 pm Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Reach. Not really playing much on the noisy box at the moment, but Halo3 was the first multiplayer game that I really enjoyed. A bit of hype doesn't hurt.
Dajmin

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 12:59 pm Reply with quote

CelticSpectre wrote:

Not EVERY game. Tetris and Bejeweled don't have a story :p
But it's true enough, you can't really say it fails as a game because it does the game parts just fine. You're made to be a superhero (more or less) and you save the day (more or less).

Whether the story is more or less interesting than another franchise is all down to the individual. I don't like Oblivion or Fallout but I can't say that makes them crap.

Sorry, I needed to do something to counter the anti-Halo-fanboy-ism on here Smile
yerbluesjohn
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 1:01 pm Reply with quote

CelticSpectre wrote:
Dajmin wrote:
They put you in a role and tell you a story and I've got no problem with that.

Of all the thousands of examples you could've chosen to illustrate your point, you chose Pong - one of few games in existence with no story whatsoever.

Laughing
altitude2k

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 1:01 pm Reply with quote

will7476 wrote:
I'm looking forward to Reach. Not really playing much on the noisy box at the moment, but Halo3 was the first multiplayer game that I really enjoyed. A bit of hype doesn't hurt.

Don't quote me on this, but apparently hype sells games. And I've also heard that selling games makes money. Do you think companies like to make money?
altitude2k

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 1:03 pm Reply with quote

Dajmin wrote:
CelticSpectre wrote:

Not EVERY game. Tetris and Bejeweled don't have a story :p
But it's true enough, you can't really say it fails as a game because it does the game parts just fine. You're made to be a superhero (more or less) and you save the day (more or less).

Whether the story is more or less interesting than another franchise is all down to the individual. I don't like Oblivion or Fallout but I can't say that makes them crap.

Sorry, I needed to do something to counter the anti-Halo-fanboy-ism on here Smile

Unfortunately they don't adhere to logic. You'd be better off not bothering.
slick loose
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 1:11 pm Reply with quote

Not owning an x-box so I never completed Halo 1 or 2. I had a 360 a few years back and my friends were all getting excited saying I HAD to buy Halo 3..I did and was bitterly disappointing. The online was OK but I only play games online casually, i'm more of a campaign gamer.

Next came ODST, friends again said this would be the shet, it was just as bad as Halo 3.

My conclusion? Halo is for fanboys of the series only, it does nothing the best.

Good luck!
ledickolas
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 1:15 pm Reply with quote

How exactly is this news? It's the same thing they said a few days ago, just now with the added twist of it being proclaimed biggest of all platforms. I thought that's what they were implying last time.

I want actual news on Reach, not this flame baiting willy waving.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 1:17 pm Reply with quote

slick loose wrote:
Not owning an x-box so I never completed Halo 1 or 2. I had a 360 a few years back and my friends were all getting excited saying I HAD to buy Halo 3..I did and was bitterly disappointing. The online was OK but I only play games online casually, i'm more of a campaign gamer.

Next came ODST, friends again said this would be the shet, it was just as bad as Halo 3.

My conclusion? Halo is for fanboys of the series only, it does nothing the best.

Good luck!

We'll still enjoy it, don't you worry Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: