Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedLook what EA did to the Dante's book! http://bit.ly/4wCg38
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Perfect Dark Zero release weeks away? | Alan Wake screens get spooky | Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter live | Dragon Age DLC released | Assassins Creed 3 release date this year? | Splinter Cell: Conviction delayed AGAIN | God Of War Trilogy - a £110 GAME exclusive | Sony: MAG will make you buy a PS3 | New Final Fantasy XIII trailer is lush | Aliens vs Predator DLC 'already in creation' | Metroid: Other M release this year | MAG release date confirmed | Lips: Party Classics details | MW2 was UK's best-seller in 2009 | Modern Warfare 2 smashes past $1 billion sales | God of War 3 release dated | Red Dead Redemption has 'huge problems' - report | Xbox 360 is "fully 3D capable" | Netflix for Wii coming this spring | The Old Republic release date confirmed | New OnLive pics unveiled | Naughty Bear trailer isn't naughty | Capcom to revive classic series for Natal | Microsoft: Streaming tech is 'limited' | Star Trek Online beta opens
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Mass Effect 2 review is in
View previous topic - View next topic  
captain savaloy
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 11:20 am Reply with quote

GOTY2010?

Can't believe its only a couple of weeks away!!!
r0zm4n
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 11:21 am Reply with quote

When I got my 360 it came with 3 months free sub to OXBM.

The first month, all the games bar 1 got 9/10, all of them.

The second month there were zero games to review.

While I thoroughly expect ME2 to be pure awesomesauce with added Tobasco, this review moves my expectations not one iota.
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 11:23 am Reply with quote

does look amazin, i want splinter cell conviction more
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 11:27 am Reply with quote

Good score and I hope it makes fans of ME feel warm and fuzzy inside.

It's just a nice confirmation of greatness.
johnston29
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 11:32 am Reply with quote

I'm gonna choose to ignore the part criticising the story. Visuals and combat may have been improved but if the story is sub par then what�s the point?

This is just one reviewers opinion though I think I�ll ignore that point! Hope it doesn�t disappoint!
dremorack
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 11:44 am Reply with quote

It's a Bioware game. The story is bound to be awesome. If nothing else, Bioware are a brilliant storyteller, and so I can't imagine the story of ME2 being any different. The first mass effects story and the books have been awesome thus far.
pishers
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 12:21 pm Reply with quote

johnston29 wrote:
I'm gonna choose to ignore the part criticising the story. Visuals and combat may have been improved but if the story is sub par then what�s the point?

This is just one reviewers opinion though I think I�ll ignore that point! Hope it doesn�t disappoint!

as far as i understand it the story is good, it just takes a little while to get going.
Nick33
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 12:57 pm Reply with quote

reviews have become a lot less accurate over the last few years, standards have dropped a lot on every gaming site. So I don't give a damn what these retards score a game. I know Mass effect 2 is good. So I'll buy it. I don't need to read spoiler filled ramblings of a mad man to convince me that a game is worth buying
Moribundman
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Read a scan of the review online. No spoilers, but it reads like one of those "exclusive as long as you say it's good" surface-skimming reviews, but like Batman: AA (which had similar treatment) I believe it will be an absolutely perfect game nonetheless.

Amused to see some other rumours flying around the net that Edge have given it 10/10, which I assume is fanboy wishful thinking since the new issue isn't out until the 21st and there's nothing online. And of course CVG would alert us to such a review immediately since they are siblings in the GR network...

Besides Edge are stingy/strict reviewers and never give anything a 10 except recently for Uncharted 2 (well deserved) and Bayonetta (not strictly my cup of tea).
GTCzeero
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 2:08 pm Reply with quote

I don't trust reviews from offical sources reviewing exclusive games, but I don't have to. Unless the sequel has taken a seriously wrong turn (unlikely considering its Bioware), it'll still be one of my favourite games this year.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 2:27 pm Reply with quote

I could understand some reviewers criticising the story in Mass Effect 2, we all know its not going to have a proper ending. But it is the middle of a trilogy.
Black Mantis
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 2:47 pm Reply with quote

Not long to go now! I'm going to start tidying up my saves from the first game tonight. Very Happy
Sleepaphobic
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 3:16 pm Reply with quote

Hey guys I need to ask for a favour. Does any1 have a save game for the pc version? Preferably a renegade character coz I've just realised my save was on a hdd tht failed and I can't seem to find any online. It would be painful playjng ME2 knowing I'm missing extra stuff. Cheers
ricflair

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 3:26 pm Reply with quote

I finally ordered Mass Effect today (�7.95 at Zavvi!), so think I will have to get through that before I pick up ME2, as there's no point paying for a brand new release when I'm simply not going to play it. Plus if the combat etc is better in the sequel, I imagine going back to slightly clunkier controls etc will be a tad frustrating!

I'm going to have to move my 360 back to my bedroom, otherwise I'm restricted to playing late at night when people are in bed or when nobody's home. Which is during the day and that doesn't exactly make for a productive working day.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 4:05 pm Reply with quote

captain savaloy wrote:
GOTY2010?

Can't believe its only a couple of weeks away!!!

It most likely will be my personal GOTY 2010. It's almost here! Very Happy
Moribundman
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 5:34 pm Reply with quote

@sleepaphobic - TBH mate, you don't need to do that. Playing with someone else's Shepard wouldn't be any better than going through the "catch up" character creation afresh in ME2, and it might even be a bit confusing if they made a major decision differently from the way you remember it.

The devs actually recommended people who don't remember their decisions or didn't have their saves to start afresh. Supposedly there's a sort of interactive "previously on Mass Effect..." type thing where you get to dictate approximately what you did in ME1 whether you played it or not.
ricflair

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Scans are here!!!
Sleepaphobic
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Moribundman wrote:
@sleepaphobic - TBH mate, you don't need to do that. Playing with someone else's Shepard wouldn't be any better than going through the "catch up" character creation afresh in ME2, and it might even be a bit confusing if they made a major decision differently from the way you remember it.

The devs actually recommended people who don't remember their decisions or didn't have their saves to start afresh. Supposedly there's a sort of interactive "previously on Mass Effect..." type thing where you get to dictate approximately what you did in ME1 whether you played it or not.
oh tht sounds sweet, thnx for the heads up man Very Happy
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 11 Jan 10 11:12 pm Reply with quote

ricflair wrote:
Scans are here!!!

Ric, you are my man of the hour! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: