Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedEA Sports' Peter Moore talks winning over the "haters" on the CVG Facebook fan page: http://bit.ly/9ibJDv
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
See Leona Lewis play FFXIII | Red Steel 2 movie released | EA shuts more online servers | StarCraft II closed beta begins | Richard Garriott returns | Midway's XBLA games removed | Blizzard donates $1 million to Make-A-Wish Foundation | Resi Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares out | Update: Rock Band: Jimi Hendrix (not) planned | Assassin's Creed 2 Bonfire DLC detailed | Ace Attorney director surprised by success | Ghost Recon reveal next month | Konami confirms Ninety-Nine Nights II for Europe | PS3 stock issues hit UK | MS: "Xbox 360 has the most exclusives" | Sonic 4 is developed by Dimps | PS3: Cross-game chat a paid PSN service? | Trackmania Wii trailer arrives | Prince Of Persia Wii release date confirmed | FF Versus XIII may be E3 no-show | New Metro 2033 screens for the PC land | Ace Attorney Investigations trailer lands | Sony: PS3 'better for publishers than 360' | 'Wii needs a price cut' - analyst | Duke Nukem 3D goes half-price next week
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Join CVG on Facebook!
Assassins Creed 3 release date this year?!
View previous topic - View next topic  
ewko117
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 13 Jan 10 8:06 pm Reply with quote

Well cvg have you considered the option ( most likely by the way) that there will be an expansion pack released? Some episodic format would be no surprise, I cant remember all your past stories I have read and I cant be arsed searching for it but Im pretty sure you have already reported on AS2 DLC... a bit of a non story here...

(sorry dont mean to be a smart bottom but pick the reporting level up a bit) Wink
thecodemaster
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 13 Jan 10 8:07 pm Reply with quote

It's not the fact that another Assassin's Creed game is coming out this year that excites me, it's the presence of DRIVER in that list! Bring it on, Ubisoft!
nicostorm
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 13 Jan 10 8:34 pm Reply with quote

ewko117 wrote:
Well cvg have you considered the option ( most likely by the way) that there will be an expansion pack released? Some episodic format would be no surprise, I cant remember all your past stories I have read and I cant be arsed searching for it but Im pretty sure you have already reported on AS2 DLC... a bit of a non story here...

(sorry dont mean to be a smart bottom but pick the reporting level up a bit) Wink

The reports I saw pointed to the 2 AC2 DLC episodes to be released in Jan and Feb respectively. This report is saying post April 2010, so if it does turn out to be more AC2 DLC then its stuff we don't already know about, so I think you're being a little harsh.
Eyhren
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 13 Jan 10 8:45 pm Reply with quote

ewko117 wrote:

Have you considered the most likely option that you're wrong? The announcement says "first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode" which seems like the kind of wording that implies a new game. Realistically, how could they possibly find a feasible way of adding online multiplayer to AC2 anyway?
jazzy_p
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 13 Jan 10 10:33 pm Reply with quote

considering that Ubisoft have gone on record saying that they will release one Prince of Persia game and one Assassin's creed game every alternate year, the answer is no.
It's next year..we have the PoP game this year.
dark_gamer
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 14 Jan 10 12:40 am Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one's bitched yet about the mention of multiplayer. Personally I can't really see it working out too well either as a Deathmatch or co-op type game, but maybe little multiplayer mini-games such as "first to assassinate the target" or "capture the flag" (like in the storyline) could possibly work.
skabone
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 14 Jan 10 7:51 am Reply with quote

i think multiplayer would work really well actually - factions, group assassinations, chases and so on - there was an interview knocking around as well regarding some gameplay mechanincs that were cut from AC2 - i have a feeling it will be a spin off and not as free roaming as ac2, but i'm looking forward to this...
callumca
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 14 Jan 10 1:01 pm Reply with quote

Well might as well throw my theory in:

It'll be a spinoff (probally called assassins creed chronicals) and it will follow the story of one of the other assassins in modern time fighting against the templars.

Ill explain why I think my theory might be right:

1)It gives Ubisoft a chance to experiment with a modern setting without risking a main part of the franchise.

2)They can also experiment with a multiplayer component without risking the loss of major singleplayer content

3)They need a new stealthy multiplayer game seeing as splinter cell ditched the spies vs mercs mode

Probally all wrong but we will see Wink
vulcanraven01
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 14 Jan 10 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Hopefully the Assassin's Creed game is a spin off of some sorts. They'll ruin the franchaise if they go the Call of Duty route by having one game each year rotated between different studios.
Online multiplayer could work though. People had doubts about how Splinter Cell would cope with multiplayer but that ended up great. They'd just need to come up with some interesting game modes rather than regular death match, etc.
spacelion
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 14 Jan 10 3:37 pm Reply with quote

Whatever it turns out to be, I hope it's better than that dreadful Altair game on the DS. That was utter tripe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: