Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedModern Warfare 2 DLC "exclusively first" on 360: http://tiny.cc/z8495
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
FIFA 'beating the heck out of Pro Evo' | Fable III reveal next month | Greenpeace report slams Nintendo... again | Official: Heavy Rain out Feb 26 | Microsoft: 3D still has hurdles to clear | The greatest Nintendo gaming moment of all time is... | Ninety-Nine Nights II release date "spring" | EA plans 'attack' on Call Of Duty success | Bayonetta does Playboy | Microsoft treating Natal 'as a new console' | Call of Duty MMO is a go? | This week's Nintendo downloads | Nintendo's first Wii game for 2010 is... | Red Dead Redemption screenshots | God Of War 3 is a 'must have' - Sony | Heavy Rain release date outed for US | Left 4 Dead 2 gets free Xbox weekend | Modern Warfare 2 supremo making graphic novel | Halo Reach image leaks | Lost Planet 2 screens uncovered | Dead Or Alive 5 "in production" for PS3 | 10 new countries to get XBL Video Marketplace | Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars screens | Blomkamp on District 9 game (fooking prawns) | Modern Warfare 2 DLC "exclusively first" on 360
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Modern Warfare 2 DLC "exclusively first" on 360
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
footieharry
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 10:27 pm Reply with quote

im hoping more funny spec ops maps with a hell load of Juggernauts.
Sinthetic
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 10:46 pm Reply with quote

major nelson, what a f**king name, sounds like a wrestling move.
Mr S0L0 D0L0
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 10:49 pm Reply with quote

Back in August Activision publishing boss Mike Griffith said that there will only be two downloadable map packs released for Infinity Ward's shooter.

So does that mean there will only be 2 DLC packs or there will only be two new sets of maps for multiplayer and probably spec ops and weapon packs separately available for even more points/wallet funds.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
sihenderson913
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 10:54 pm Reply with quote

I'm a happy PS3 owner, but i don't understand this exclusivity thing. GTA 4 was a good thing, and could maybe help sell consoles, but for extra maps to be realeased on the XBox before PS3, doesnt really bother me, surely no-one is going to buy a 360 and CODMW2 just because it gets some maps earlier than the PS3. Especially when they have paid a fortune for a console AND the game.
oleb84
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 10:57 pm Reply with quote

Meh, doesnt suprise me.

IW hate Sony/PS3!
4everutd
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 11:01 pm Reply with quote

This was announced when mw2 was 1st shown at e3. I think it was e3 anyway. I thought everyone knew this already lol I'd rather have more maps than spec ops tbh. Spec ops gets a little boring IMO
i have but need to play- ac2, fifa10,the sabatoure, zelda st, brutal legend, f3 goty
Sleepaphobic
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 11:03 pm Reply with quote

was pissed to hear this b4 release but now I really couldnt care less and I think there are quite a few who think the same.
StokedUp
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 11:09 pm Reply with quote

its got nothing to do with IW hating sony, its just the fact that microsoft pay for these things to happen, bill gates has got money to just throw at people simple as that, theres a big console war going on with him and sony and hes desperate to win it. not that throwing money at people is going to help win it though as sony are catching up fast.
Black Mantis
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 11:19 pm Reply with quote

[quote="4everutd"]This was announced when mw2 was 1st shown at e3. I think it was e3 anyway. I thought everyone knew this already lol I'd rather have more maps than spec ops tbh. Spec ops gets a little boring IMO[/quote]

You're correct, it was announced at Microsoft's conference.
Forge88
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 11:58 pm Reply with quote

Stocked stop being a fanboy MS payed s**t fo the MW2 DLC this is just Activision being awkward in my view with way EA have kinda chosen PS3 more than 360 (BFBC2 beta,Mirrors Edge DLC,Outbursts aba Xbox showing all its got).Well because of that Activision do this oh and the DLC for Ultimate Alliaince 2 DLC going missing on PS3.Activision have basically said time and time again the 360 is better than PS3...Want my opinion keep your DLC,the main game still broke cant imagine what the DLC will be like.
moss66
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 12:04 am Reply with quote

Seeing as MS didn't say how long it will probably only be exclusive for a few weeks to a month tops. Can live with that Smile
SavageEvil
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 12:07 am Reply with quote

Why is this garbage news? Is this supposed to make people who already own the PS3 version go out and get the 360 version? I don't see the point, unless it was exclusive forever, and the maps were the old ones from CoD4 spruced up then i'd go buy it.

M$ continues to throw money around in a desperate act to fend off Sony. Competition is healthy, but this is borderline stupid. If the game itself isn't exclusive, why on earth would it make sense for the DLC to be? How is this fair to your consumer? You are basically punishing those who bought one version over the other and rewarding the other?

Nice IW, first that blasted matchmaking sh@tfest and now this. For a few extra buck they'd probably let MS teabag them.
blackholes
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 12:11 am Reply with quote

this is going to sound incredibly whoreish but if the new DLC doesn't come with achievements I'm not coming off World at War for it. Laughing
only_777
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 12:20 am Reply with quote

Coming to 360 first? Good. I've got the PS3 version.
That means when IW break the game again they can fix the DLC and release something that works by the time they feel like putting it out on PS3.
KesMonkey
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 12:30 am Reply with quote

@SavageEvil
"M$"? How original. Using "M$" instead of "MS" or "Microsoft" totally screams "Hey everybody, I'm a Sony fanboy, therefore my views are extremely biased and my comments are not to be given any real respect".
Grow up.
metallicorphan
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 12:31 am Reply with quote

yeah as 4everutd posted this was first announced at E3 last year
only_777
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 12:57 am Reply with quote

KesMonkey wrote:
@SavageEvil
"M$"? How original. Using "M$" instead of "MS" or "Microsoft" totally screams "Hey everybody, I'm a Sony fanboy, therefore my views are extremely biased and my comments are not to be given any real respect".
Grow up.

People were writting "M$" well before even xbox 1 was even heard of. Once upon a time there was this thing called the 1990's.....
SICARIUS1
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 1:01 am Reply with quote

Wow he's late, they announced this at E3
zide
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 2:03 am Reply with quote

Well, the DLC is going to suck anyway, couple shitty MP gamemodes and some maps maybe. People have already opened those extra gamemodes on PC.
bunneyo
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 2:41 am Reply with quote

lets all be honest, after the disapointing dlc for cod4 who the f**k is gona buy it this time round, couldn give 2 f**ks to be honest anyway im trading my copy in for one of this years early releases, MAg just to say F**k You lol, or bioshock 2 ooo!
SavageEvil
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 5:35 am Reply with quote

I've got idiots worrying about how I write Microsoft? You want to tell me to grow up? Talk about pot calling kettle black. Sometimes I wonder about the Intelligence Quotient of many people who try to reply to posts and end up looking completely irrelevant. Focus on the post, originality is what I'm going for with my post(note the sarcasm). Fanboy?!? Listen you malcontent I own every system out now, I choose which one to play most online based on where most of my friends are playing and that is PS3. Do us all a favor and go back to school as we all can see that your deducing skills are sorely lacking. Oh I play FM3 quite a bit as well, am a 360 fanboy now?
360_Fan
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 9:10 am Reply with quote

SavageEvil wrote:
Why is this garbage news? Is this supposed to make people who already own the PS3 version go out and get the 360 version?

No. Its called ground work. There is a pattern emerging with the biggest titles. First GTA4 and now MW2. Get the 360 versions if you want the life of the game to be extended.
What true GTA fan will get #5 on the ps3 after the extra content that 360 owners got on #4??
Expect to see a lot more of this in the future.
Sammy_bham
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 9:38 am Reply with quote

Thing is though, it wont make people get it for the 360 at all. People who only have the 360, or play 360 more over the ps3 already, will get it for 360. People who have Ps3 or both and play ps3 more (due to friends list or whatever) will wait until the ps3 version is released.

simples.

I have both consoles, and have it for ps3, purely because 10+ of my friends list play it daily, so I have it for ps3. Theres no noticable difference between the two consoles so i went for the friends reason.

I think it is a bit silly that IW agreed to be bought out to sell DLC to 360 first as it wont make people buy it on the 360 at all. Then eventually it will be released on ps3 anyway, so they are only delaying people buying it rather then anything else. Bit wierd to be honest.

money talks i suppose, especially at these times.

PS - I hope theres a re-release of some cod4 maps, im already bored with mw2 maps! people are too predictable on every game.
Wozzakl
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 10:10 am Reply with quote

Laughing What kind of feeble oneupmanship is "exclusively first"?!
Barca Azul
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 8 Jan 10 10:20 am Reply with quote

i wonder if they will get the Exclusive subscription service that Activision talked about too?

Map packs = Rip off, your welcome to pay for them, but I wont.

I not bought one yet and exclusively first, like by a week like last time, wow!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: