Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedLook what EA did to the Dante's book! http://bit.ly/4wCg38
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Nintendo DSi XL UK release date announced | Mass Effect Retribution novel revealed | Don't expect Wii 2 news at GDC (maybe E3) | Settlers 7 beta registration open | EA wants less, but better, games for 2010 | BioWare working on secret action game | EA boss Riccitiello for the high jump? | Perfect Dark release weeks away? | Alan Wake screens get spooky | Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter live | Dragon Age DLC released | Assassins Creed 3 release date this year? | Splinter Cell: Conviction delayed AGAIN | God Of War Trilogy - a £110 GAME exclusive | Sony: MAG will make you buy a PS3 | New Final Fantasy XIII trailer is lush | Aliens vs Predator DLC 'already in creation' | Metroid: Other M release this year | MAG release date confirmed | Lips: Party Classics details | MW2 was UK's best-seller in 2009 | Modern Warfare 2 smashes past $1 billion sales | God of War 3 release dated | Red Dead Redemption has 'huge problems' - report | Xbox 360 is "fully 3D capable"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Halo Reach "THE biggest title of 2010"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
funkyjack

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 1:46 pm Reply with quote

After ODST I think I've finally had enough of Halo games.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 1:50 pm Reply with quote

GT5 is bigger news this year.

despite his claim, yet another halo aint bigger than the first (and probably last) GT of this gen.
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 1:52 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:

despite his claim, yet another halo aint bigger than the first (and probably) last GT of this gen.

Bold claims grasshopper. I suppose we shall just have to wait and see.
wrightandrewjame
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Well there's a lot of Xbox 360s in the UK, they sold the most software last year and Halo is Microsoft's biggest IP. Hmmm...

Sad but true this game will sell an awful lot while other great games get overlooked. Bit like MW2 did this year. I bought MW2 so I'm to blame partially, but at least I bought the other great games. Granted they were on PS3 and I don't have a 360...

(That's not saying this won't be a good game before I get a massive backlash of comments)
Forge88
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Stone Colds rite,dont quiet listen when companys brag ab the own games (MS pros at it) but ye it could be but this year looks intense so lets just see.
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 1:58 pm Reply with quote

GT5 is a contender, no doubt about it. But I suspect it will fall down to Reach and the next CoD game. They'll all sell well, whether they will be great games is more important.

I have no doubts that Reach will be epic. Very Happy
Tonyb
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:02 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:

despite his claim, yet another halo aint bigger than the first (and probably last) GT of this gen.

Dream on fool!

There's only one title that will be THE most wanted and anticipated game this year, will sell shitloads and it doesn't have shiny cars or sterile gameplay!! Laughing
wildhook2
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:03 pm Reply with quote

GT5 is a lot bigger than Halo.

I got bored the Halo series after Halo 3.
jazzy_p
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Im pretty sure that Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer is a bigger title than Halo Reach. It has 3 extra words in it....
That said, as much as i have hated the last 3 Halo games, a decent squad based shooter that got rid of dual wielding and went back to the main mechanics of the original halo would be great...however the likelihood of that is beyond nil.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:05 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
svd_grasshopper wrote:

despite his claim, yet another halo aint bigger than the first (and probably) last GT of this gen.

im not talking strictly sales here...

the first GT of this new HD generation - 5 years in the making and much delayed - is a bigger deal than yet another halo this gen.

whats that 3 or 4 halos already on 360?

they have milked the teats off it, no wonder bungie are doing one. they must be sick.

Last edited by svd_grasshopper on 7 Jan 10 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mental
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:06 pm Reply with quote

By the end of ODST I was quite sick of the Halo games, although I will probably end up buying Reach because of all the hype.
Anyway I'm more looking foward to Mass Effect 2 Very Happy
altitude2k
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:09 pm Reply with quote

The difference between racers and shooters is that you see one racer advert, you've seen them all. There's very little you can do to dramatasise a pure racer. The fact that there's a story to Reach means there's plenty of room for varied marketing - something MS will put into overload.

GT5 will sell very well, but I doubt we'll hear too much about it. Whereas every man, woman and child is going to be aware of Halo. In that respect, whether it sells better or not it is still likely to be the biggest title this year based on exposure and awareness.

Based on worldwide sales, though, GT5 is likely to sell more I reckon, purely because every person in Japan will own at least 3 copies by the end of the year.
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:17 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
The difference between racers and shooters is that you see one racer advert, you've seen them all. There's very little you can do to dramatasise a pure racer. The fact that there's a story to Reach means there's plenty of room for varied marketing - something MS will put into overload.

GT5 will sell very well, but I doubt we'll hear too much about it. Whereas every man, woman and child is going to be aware of Halo. In that respect, whether it sells better or not it is still likely to be the biggest title this year based on exposure and awareness.

Based on worldwide sales, though, GT5 is likely to sell more I reckon, purely because every person in Japan will own at least 3 copies by the end of the year.

I think Sony should tap into the popularity of Top Gear, maybe do a special episode with some of those 3 screened rigs to show off the game and compare it to real life. Although I'm pretty sure that would come across as an advert and the BBC can't do that!
Mr S0L0 D0L0
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:23 pm Reply with quote

My penis is HUGE!
lordirongut
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:25 pm Reply with quote

The biggest game of the year will inevitably be the next Call of Duty (although I wish it wouldn't be). Although Halo Reach will still doubtlessly be in the top three best-sellers of the year. Wierdly, though, I don't see it selling systems. Surely every Halo fan bought a 360 in 2007 anyway?

My prediction for top 5 sellers in 2010 (Globally)

1: Call of Duty 7 (or whatever)
2: Halo Reach
3: Gran Turismo 5
4: Zelda Wii
5: Final Fantasy XIII
Forge88
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Sorry peeps how can ye compare a shooter to a racer.Yes GT5 is going to be the next gen acer we wanted but it does nothing for shooter.Ok in Halo u may have Warthog Racers lol but yeno what i mean.Its like comparing Forza to Uncharted 2 and sayin ones better than the other but how can you compare. U should comparing it to games like Resistance 3,MAG and COD 7 and possibly Killzone 3 which will be out this year or early 2011. U can moan all ye like oh Halo better than all of them that maybe the case but its better to compare to them than GT5.
ricflair

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:28 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:
svd_grasshopper wrote:

the first GT of this new HD generation - 5 years in the making and much delayed - is a bigger deal than yet another halo this gen.

they have milked the teats off it, no wonder bungie are doing one. they must be sick.

If Bungie are bored, imagine how Polyphonic must feel - they've been doing nothing but GT for about 15 years!

Not sure why Halo and games like that get called for milking, what Final Fantasy are we on now?? Even CoD doesn't get the same levels of s**t - and that is a yearly update!

I really enjoyed Halo 3 and ODST (not played Wars) but I'm not a massive fan, but then I don't know anyone personally who is hyped for GT5 (or were for Forza 3). GT5 will sell shitloads though, but they haven't got the market share they had for 3 annd 4.

If MS hype Reach enough ("if", who am I kidding!), it wouldn't surprise me to see if shift Nintendo like numbers, especially in the US.
bazzatuk
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:32 pm Reply with quote

What are you talking about milking a franchise?

There have been 5 Call of Duty games out on the 360 this generation and by the time Halo Reach comes out it will be 6.

That's milking it.

Halo multiplayer is still the most balanced gaming experience you can play on a console. You actually need skill to kill people, not some perk system to boost your abilities.
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:32 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:
svd_grasshopper wrote:

2 Halo's from Bungie and 1 from Ensemble (RTS) I wouldnt call that milking it, how many Uncharted's Ratchets or Motorstorms will see see this gen 3 or 4?

Halo getting milked is just like every other succesful franchise out there. A Game every 2 or so years to satisfy the Fans needs, its what we want.

On topic for GT5, yes it will be a great Game and I reckon it will be Sonys biggest seller this year but I dont see it doing the numbers it used to, the installbase just isnt there yet. It will be a great game though.

See how easy that was, i only own a 360 but heres me bigging up GT5 or Heavy Rain or GOW3, its not difficult unless you make it so.
Squall5005
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Zzzzzzzz I got bored of Halo after the 2nd. And ODST was a lame over priced and short expansion pack. Having said that, Microsoft could sell s**t in a bag if it had Halo written on it.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:36 pm Reply with quote

bazzatuk wrote:
What are you talking about milking a franchise?

There have been 5 Call of Duty games out on the 360 this generation and by the time Halo Reach comes out it will be 6.

That's milking it.

Halo multiplayer is still the most balanced gaming experience you can play on a console. You actually need skill to kill people, not some perk system to boost your abilities.

I'd keep that down, as Reach is going to have perks-style system, apparently.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Forge88 wrote:
Sorry peeps how can ye compare a shooter to a racer.Yes GT5 is going to be the next gen acer we wanted but it does nothing for shooter.Ok in Halo u may have Warthog Racers lol but yeno what i mean.Its like comparing Forza to Uncharted 2 and sayin ones better than the other but how can you compare. U should comparing it to games like Resistance 3,MAG and COD 7 and possibly Killzone 3 which will be out this year or early 2011. U can moan all ye like oh Halo better than all of them that maybe the case but its better to compare to them than GT5.

perhaps you are unaware of the headline quote made by a microsoft top D. who proclaimed - "halo reach will be bigger than GT5"

but if you are talking big guns halo is microsofts and GT is sonys.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:40 pm Reply with quote

Squall5005 wrote:
Zzzzzzzz I got bored of Halo after the 2nd. And ODST was a lame over priced and short expansion pack. Having said that, Microsoft could sell s**t in a bag if it had Halo written on it.

If you got bored after the second then why did you buy ODST? I presume you bought it or borrowed and played all of it otherwise how could you make that statement.
krilles99
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:43 pm Reply with quote

Who honestly gives a f**k about sales? so what if Halo ODST, or GT5, becomes the best selling game of 2010. Numbers don't mean s**t.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 2:44 pm Reply with quote

ricflair wrote:
If Bungie are bored, imagine how Polyphonic must feel - they've been doing nothing but GT for about 15 years!

Not sure why Halo and games like that get called for milking, what Final Fantasy are we on now?? Even CoD doesn't get the same levels of s**t - and that is a yearly update!

I really enjoyed Halo 3 and ODST (not played Wars) but I'm not a massive fan, but then I don't know anyone personally who is hyped for GT5 (or were for Forza 3). GT5 will sell shitloads though, but they haven't got the market share they had for 3 annd 4.

If MS hype Reach enough ("if", who am I kidding!), it wouldn't surprise me to see if shift Nintendo like numbers, especially in the US.

PD can do what they want. they arent bound. their passion is racing and cars.

MS contracted bungie for a certain amount of halo games this gen.

they must have felt chained. its probably why they are leaving MS. no doubt they would want nothing but more contracted halos off them otherwise.

PD are happy to develop GT... at their own pace. no pressure.

Last edited by svd_grasshopper on 7 Jan 10 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: