Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedModern Warfare 2 DLC "exclusively first" on 360: http://tiny.cc/z8495
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
EA plans 'attack' on Call Of Duty success | Bayonetta does Playboy | Microsoft treating Natal 'as a new console' | Call of Duty MMO is a go? | This week's Nintendo downloads | Nintendo's first Wii game for 2010 is... | Red Dead Redemption screenshots | God Of War 3 is a 'must have' - Sony | Heavy Rain release date outed for US | Left 4 Dead 2 gets free Xbox weekend | Modern Warfare 2 supremo making graphic novel | Halo Reach image leaks | Lost Planet 2 screens uncovered | Dead Or Alive 5 "in production" for PS3 | 10 new countries to get XBL Video Marketplace | Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars screens | Blomkamp on District 9 game (fooking prawns) | Modern Warfare 2 DLC "exclusively first" on 360 | Super Street Fighter IV screens are super | EA Sports plans peripheral line | MotoGP 09/10 new shots from Vegas | Guitar Hero Vampire Weekend | Halo Reach "THE biggest title of 2010" | Battlefield: Bad Company was 'too hard' | No God of War III date for "good few weeks"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Gran Turismo 5 indy cars confirmed
View previous topic - View next topic  
Forge88
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 2:27 am Reply with quote

Nascar,Rally,Indy,Road..... Jesus this game is more or less the complete racer. If or not its better than the likes as Forza or GRID (which i think it will be) you can deny this game has something for every racer. And if ye a Mario Kart gamer there is always...... Mario Kart and Modnation lol.
dark_gamer
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 2:30 am Reply with quote

Forge88 wrote:
Nascar,Rally,Indy,Road..... Jesus this game is more or less the complete racer. If or not its better than the likes as Forza or GRID (which i think it will be) you can deny this game has something for every racer. And if ye a Mario Kart gamer there is always...... Mario Kart and Modnation lol.

Forza 2 is the only 'realistic' driving game I like (didn't like the demo of Forza 3 at least).

Though I'm more of a Mario Kart/F-Zero gamer.

Oh and up a bit late aren't we CVG? Wink
CVG Gav
CVG Staff

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 3:42 am Reply with quote

It's not late in New Zealand Wink
BipolarBear
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 8:17 am Reply with quote

Nice to see someone from around here (Australia/New Zealand) getting some work at these game sites! Very Happy
SavageEvil
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 8:26 am Reply with quote

Sounds awesome from here, night course looks like SSR 11, but how many cars will be on screen with headlights glaring, will make for some interesting things viewing from in car. Now the weather thing should make flying down Hunaudaires a treat, 24 hr Le Man race anyone, with at least LMP and GT1 and GT2 cars. Not to mention that you can transfer your GT5 Prologue cars and winnings over, as well as those in the PSP GT. Full damage, hoping no roll overs though, that doesn't do anything worthwhile, pisses me off how easy you can roll a car in Forza 3. Head tracking sounds interesting, hopefully it's not too sensitive where it moves constantly when you make slight adjustments to your sitting position. Sounds intriguing though, still can't wait to see how cars react to weather changes, especially when you have dry tires on, lol. Indy sounds nice, nascar is ok, at least there is a track for it, also Infineon is a great street course for those monsters. Now if this game has a paint shop, and upgrade parts that are actually sized to said vehicle. Nothing worse than a car with a rear wing that doesn't fit the car, see Forza 3, dumb generic wings don't size to match the car it's affixed to. Online 16 player should prove interesting, hopefully not as chaotic as that matchmaking mess that devs are using these days, private rooms please.
captain savaloy
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 8:39 am Reply with quote

It all sounds spanky, but my only worry is that PD are spreading themselves a bit too thinly with this release.
Jeffers15
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 9:29 am Reply with quote

Haven't really enjoyed GT since number 3, the sensation of speed just doesn't seem right anymore.
I have prologue and going round corners at what feels like 10mph, with tyres screaching and then sliding off just doesn't feel right. Whilst the handling of the cars maybe spot on now, and it should be the amount of time they have spent on it, it seems to be at the expence of the gameplay.
callum 567
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 9:51 am Reply with quote

you need a spell checker.
read your article and spot the mistake.
altitude2k
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 10:13 am Reply with quote

dark_gamer wrote:
Forge88 wrote:

Forza 2 is the only 'realistic' driving game I like (didn't like the demo of Forza 3 at least).

You're missing out. The demo didn't do it justice - FM3 is a shed load better than FM2.
Sammy_bham
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 10:16 am Reply with quote

well... if this all actually happens this could well be the monster sim it wants to be!

1000+ cars?
night/day on ALL tracks????
full weather effects?
Damage??

GT5 is sounding better and better Smile
bunneyo
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 10:29 am Reply with quote

i hope this game kicks soo much ...!
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 10:41 am Reply with quote

I never doubted that GT5 would be anything less than awesome, but this confirmed list makes it doubly awesome.

I'm most interested in seeing the interior damage (more likely only on the rally and Indy/NASCAR vehicles), as well as the weather and night/day effects. The variety of races will be amazing.

I'd rather not bring my money and vehicles over from GT:Prologue and GT Portable as I enjoy starting in the slow cars and working my way up, like in an RPG - a CARPG, if you will.

I've had fun with Forza 3, but now I am pining for GT5 even more. I cannot wait!
altitude2k

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 10:48 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
I never doubted that GT5 would be anything less than awesome, but this confirmed list makes it doubly awesome.

I'm most interested in seeing the interior damage (more likely only on the rally and Indy/NASCAR vehicles), as well as the weather and night/day effects. The variety of races will be amazing.

I'd rather not bring my money and vehicles over from GT:Prologue and GT Portable as I enjoy starting in the slow cars and working my way up, like in an RPG - a CARPG, if you will.

I've had fun with Forza 3, but now I am pining for GT5 even more. I cannot wait!

Something good DID come of MW2, then Wink
Mark240473

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 11:32 am Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Sorry, a bit too cryptic for me this morning! Laughing What has MW2 got to do with it? Confused
captain savaloy

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 11:35 am Reply with quote

I am still waiting for confirmation of the "1000 cars but only 170 "hi-def" cars with damage and cockpit modelling" statement that was made last year.

1000 cars would mean diddly sqaut if only 15% of them had damage and cockpits.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 11:36 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
altitude2k wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Sorry, a bit too cryptic for me this morning! Laughing What has MW2 got to do with it? Confused

Didn't you get rid of MW2 instead of Forza 3 and give it another chance and then enjoyed it?
Mark240473

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 11:55 am Reply with quote

captain savaloy wrote:
I am still waiting for confirmation of the "1000 cars but only 170 "hi-def" cars with damage and cockpit modelling" statement that was made last year.

1000 cars would mean diddly sqaut if only 15% of them had damage and cockpits.

I'll bold them up for you.

1,000+ vehicles
All vehicles have modeled cockpits (170 premium cars will have interior damage modeling)
All vehicles will have both physical and mechanical damage modeling
Indy (IRL) cars and tracks
NASCAR cars and track
Up to 16 players online
High-definition video uploads directly to YouTube
Multi-display rendering
Head-tracking
Full weather and night racing on all tracks
Night/Day on all tracks

Can't make it clearer than that.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 12:04 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
altitude2k wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Didn't you get rid of MW2 instead of Forza 3 and give it another chance and then enjoyed it?

I kept them both, to be honest. I'm not so struck on MW2 though. I haven't actually played it since completing the main story missions.
captain savaloy

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 12:28 pm Reply with quote

Cheers Mark, where was that info?
Mark240473

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 12:36 pm Reply with quote

captain savaloy wrote:
Cheers Mark, where was that info?

You can find more info at GTPlanet.

I'm so glad about the weather and day/night cycle for every track.

I wasn't too bothered about the damage, but I am happy to see every car will have it.
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 12:46 pm Reply with quote

Nice censoring of the word 'cockpit' when you view the comments from the main article.
captain savaloy

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 12:53 pm Reply with quote

The censoring makes it look worse than if it wasn't censored.

Cockpit,Cockpit,Cockpit,Cockpit,Cockpit,Cockpit,Cockpit,Cockpit Laughing
flash501
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 4:08 pm Reply with quote

This is genuinely exciting news. Day/night cycles, and even better-changeable weather effects are going to be outstanding. I can't wait to see what it's going to be like racing at dusk, no doubt polyphony will make it look beautiful.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 5:10 pm Reply with quote

there should be a bonnet view. i use it in dirt 2, and its the best view by far. thats because its in-car view sucks ass.

dead interested in the rally sections. they are fun in dirt, but i'd like to experience something a bit more serious.
Paradaz - UK

PostPosted: 6 Jan 10 6:54 pm Reply with quote

svd wrote:
there should be a bonnet view. i use it in dirt 2, and its the best view by far. thats because its in-car view sucks ass.

dead interested in the rally sections. they are fun in dirt, but i'd like to experience something a bit more serious.

Because you usually sit on the bonnet of a car when you drive in real life?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: