Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Battlefield 1943 only 600 MS Points! (NYE) | Amazon's 2009 bestsellers almost all Wii | Two Worlds II gets MoveShots(TM) | Rock Band bags McCartney, Blink-182 | Lost Planet 2 screens | China blames online games for drugs, murder and teen pregnancy | Gears of War added to Games On Demand | Borderlands Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot out now | Dragon Age DLC coming Jan 5 | UK: Games outsell movies | C&C; eyes "new medium" | Mass Effect 2 save game details | EA targets male fitness on Wii | Sony goes multi-core for PS4? | Star Wars: The Old Republic video | Here's a new Xbox 360 kid | ModNation Racers update | 25% off Telltale games | FIFA 10 World Cup due April? | GTA 5 info at E3? | Reggie: It'll be tough to hit last year's figures | Ocarina of Time Reorchestrated released (free) | 3D Realms: Strong resurgence coming for Duke | Merry Christmas and Happy New Year | PSN gets first premium avatars
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
C&C eyes "new medium"
View previous topic - View next topic  
dorian2011
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 29 Dec 09 8:48 pm Reply with quote

i heard a runmour that jj abrahams wants to turn it into a t.v series which josh holloway hinted at while talking about what he is doing after lost that would be epic lol
MattLorrigan
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 12:14 am Reply with quote

It won't be books - there was already an official Command and Conquer 3 book out, so I doubt its that. Unless its a comic. Otherwise, all we're really left with is film. That would be AWESOME!
MattLorrigan
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 12:18 am Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post but it is almost definitely comics. As a subscriber to the newsletter I got a sneak peek - it was a section out of a comic book saying 'coming soon'
beemoh
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 1:32 am Reply with quote

Teletext? Don't be silly- that closed down weeks ago.

Sad
J_H__
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 1:42 am Reply with quote

is it just me but i reckon the iphone would be perfect for some good real time stratergy action, i'd love to see a remake of something like age of empires 2 on iphone, that would be amazing. Would iphone 3gs be powerfull enough to pull it off?
Joe_Slap
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 9:21 am Reply with quote

This scares me. Confused
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 11:47 am Reply with quote

J_H__ wrote:
Would iphone 3gs be powerfull enough to pull it off?

The CPU is a 620MHz underclocked to 412 (3G) or 800MHz underclocked to 600 (3GS) with 128Mb (3G) or 256Mb (3GS) RAM. So it would probably struggle with a direct port but it'd be easy enough to make an iPhone-specific version. There's already RTS and TBS games available.
tmulford
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 12:08 pm Reply with quote

Red Alert is already available on the iPhone

http://www.commandandconquer.com/iphone/

I was hoping it would be a port of the original game but it isn't. Not played it so couldn't say if it is any good.
__SpUtNiK__
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 8:28 am Reply with quote

I miss Westwood.

Anyone remember when C&C was well balanced and fun? Everything upto RA2 was briliant, everything after was crap...

I have a bad feeling this "new medium" will be as crap as *URK* C&C Generals, maybe more so.
If that was the case id be running around a darkend room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music after playing Pac-man.... oh wait.
zelamy
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 10:53 pm Reply with quote

looks like a bit of comic book artwork there, i know there are c&c books, i have one, but i haven't heard of any comic books.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: