Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedRT @pczone: Have you signed up for Fight Club Live yet? Apply for tickets now and meet the team! https://www.futurecompetitions.com/figh ...
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Court ruling backs DS flash carts | Assassin's Creed 2 glitch breaks game | Alien Breed out December 16 | Guild Wars 2: Exclusive races reveal trailer! | Silent Hill: Shattered Memories gameplay trailer | PS video store update is decent | Rebellion "disappointed" with AVP Aussie ban | Majora's Masks was "turning point for Nintendo" | PSP Minis playable on PS3 soon? | EA launches branded prepaid debit card | Aliens vs. Predator banned in Australia | Shock: Mass Effect 2 comes on 2 discs | Uncharted 2 gets difficulty "experiment" this weekend | Medal of Honor release date clarified | New Nintendo downloads | Tales of Monkey Island catch-up movie | Borderlands not sent to die | PSPgo "will die" without cheaper games | Max Payne 3 release delayed | EA: We respect Tiger's privacy | Mirror's Edge 2 "deserves to come back" | Lips Party Classics details | Games On Demand for Windows Live | Just Cause 2: Exclusive gameplay video | Valve: Dev's should "challenge their audience"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Use MW2 glitch, get Xbox Live ban
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
will7476
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 10:27 am Reply with quote

How pathetic of MS. If a glitch exists, then it is the responsibility of the developer to fix it and this will only become clear by people abusing the glitch. Banning people because there is a fault in the game is nonsense.

Oh, and aren't people bored of COD online yet. It offers nothing substantially new from the last one. Move on!
thetruth
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 10:48 am Reply with quote

COD Multiplayer is great fun, and there is more to this one than previous COD's. I guess your either not very good at it or your one of those fanboys who only play games for trophys then eh? Laughing
Squall5005
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 10:50 am Reply with quote

Quote:
The Javelin glitch - though obviously we can't describe it in full - involves exploiting a bug with the equipment to turn yourself into some sort of exploding suicide bomber

Sounds interesting. Can this be done in the single player campaign? Would be interesting to try on the Airport level Twisted Evil
 a3HeadedMonkey 
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 10:57 am Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYJHr_0tII8

Interesting... Twisted Evil
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 10:57 am Reply with quote

will7476 wrote:
How pathetic of MS. If a glitch exists, then it is the responsibility of the developer to fix it and this will only become clear by people abusing the glitch. Banning people because there is a fault in the game is nonsense.

Absolutely agree.

This is purely a fault with the game and - as such - down to Activision and Infinity Ward to resolve. There is literally no reason for MS to get involved here other than to put pressure on them to fix it.

Do they ban people who quit out of FIFA games early because they're losing? - no.

Exactly the same principle, as I see it.

Smile
socheeky

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 11:05 am Reply with quote

Microsoft are like a tyrannical headmaster, sucking all the fun out of life. Next they'll be giving out canings. And then charging you for it.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 11:07 am Reply with quote

will7476 wrote:

Oh, and aren't people bored of COD online yet. It offers nothing substantially new from the last one. Move on!

I couldn't agree more.

Yet another example of companies overreaching and punishing customers for faults caused by the developer. Sure, the gamers taking advantage of this glitch may hardly be contenders for sportsmanship awards but it is far from the same as stealing someone's car because they inadverdently left their doors unlocked. The two scenarios are not on the same level in terms of impact, value and severity so to make a direct comparison is not just meaningless, it's also ridiculous.
Obscure_Metaphor

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 11:18 am Reply with quote

looking at that YouTube video, it looks SO simple to do that i'm pretty sure i could do it by accident. So, would Microsoft ban me for stumbling across a bug in their game? should i now fear playing MW2 online on the off chance i accidentally trigger it?

They've just turned a trivial little matter into something likely to p**s off a big chunk of paying fans.

Fix your game you lazy bastards, don't punish your players for finding what your play testers couldn't.
songforthefish
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 11:21 am Reply with quote

This happened to me the other day. Some yank was running round Rust with a javelin. I must have been killed by him 6-7 times with it exploding and killing me everytime I killed him. I couldn't understand it.Now I know.
wildhook2
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 11:22 am Reply with quote

will7476 wrote:

I got bored after 4 online games. Nothing exciting. I went back to Uncharted 2 and KZ2 online which are a lot better.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 11:27 am Reply with quote

Obscure_Metaphor wrote:
looking at that YouTube video, it looks SO simple to do that i'm pretty sure i could do it by accident. So, would Microsoft ban me for stumbling across a bug in their game? should i now fear playing MW2 online on the off chance i accidentally trigger it?

They've just turned a trivial little matter into something likely to p**s off a big chunk of paying fans.

Fix your game you lazy bastards, don't punish your players for finding what your play testers couldn't.

Hear, hear!
will7476

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 11:30 am Reply with quote

@the truth. Just to confirm that I am indeed a trophy whore, although I'm pretty good at COD on-line. I just gave up when I realised that a number of other games deserved more attention.
MrMoobs
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 11:36 am Reply with quote

I used it to see what it did, hope I dont get banned for it Confused
Wozzakl
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 12:04 pm Reply with quote

**** me, that's a bit harsh Microsoft!
yerbluesjohn

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 12:20 pm Reply with quote

This is stupid, expoloiting glitches is part of the fun of gaming. A very small part, but still a part. As everyone has said they're the developers responsisbility not ours.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 12:22 pm Reply with quote

maybe if it was in a tournament. or if you didnt pay a subscription.

wtf is this, shite IW quality control = live ban for you??

pretty sure a lot of people will do it by mistake - the way it was found out in the first place.

and worse, how do they know? are there losers ghosting games like big brother.

i knew MS liked to be all-controlling, but this borders on rights infringement. dont care if its in the contract, its a bug left in by the developers. its not the players fault.

fucking pathetic man.
Dajmin

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 12:26 pm Reply with quote

Since I don't own a copy of the game I'm not sure exactly when it's used, but I'm assuming it's an online exploit.

And that means there's stats and tracking involved. Meaning it's as much MS' place to stop people using it as it is IW's. If it was just an annoyance then maybe they wouldn't bother but if you can enhance your own stats or upset other players then of course MS need to get involved because it's their online service that's being messed with.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 12:44 pm Reply with quote

piss off you.

you need to die yourself for it to work, so its hardly great on your stats.

do they ban people for cooking a grenade fully without releasing and running into opponents?!
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Dajmin wrote:
Since I don't own a copy of the game I'm not sure exactly when it's used, but I'm assuming it's an online exploit.

And that means there's stats and tracking involved. Meaning it's as much MS' place to stop people using it as it is IW's. If it was just an annoyance then maybe they wouldn't bother but if you can enhance your own stats or upset other players then of course MS need to get involved because it's their online service that's being messed with.

Dajmin, are you earnestly stating that you consider a ban of private customers that are paying to play online due to an in-game glitch caused by a developer is an appropriate punishment? I'm presuming that the ban effectively bricks the Xbox 360 from all online gaming. If that is the case then MS's response strikes me as wholly disproportionate to the misdeed.
Cernunnos
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:14 pm Reply with quote

the terms of use clearly state that glitches arent to exploited. so the response is appropriate, and its just for 2 weeks.

if i knife a person, i shouldnt die, right? now if i do, then my stats are altered by some cheating bastard. that would p**s me off. and i would expect my service provider (i play it on my ps3, and wish sony would do the same), to make sure people arent cheating, which they agreed to NOT doing when signing up to the online service in the first place.

there are much worse glitches they need to deal with though. like the idiots hiding inside rocks.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Cernunnos wrote:
the terms of use clearly state that glitches arent to exploited. so the response is appropriate, and its just for 2 weeks.

if i knife a person, i shouldnt die, right? now if i do, then my stats are altered by some cheating bastard. that would p**s me off. and i would expect my service provider (i play it on my ps3, and wish sony would do the same), to make sure people arent cheating, which they agreed to NOT doing when signing up to the online service in the first place.

there are much worse glitches they need to deal with though. like the idiots hiding inside rocks.

so, is it the players fault, or the developers fault you lose a stat?

bearing in mind, the other player dies too. its a pointless bit of fun or a mistake on the players part.

bottom line - its a glitch with the game. patch it fucking up. dont ban paying customers!
ffookeer
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:23 pm Reply with quote

F!*k Microsoft. I was a loyal Xbox gamer until they started becoming imperial. I have now gotten rid of the damn thing (shame, as there were/are some good games on that platform).

Anyhoo, back to the PS3 and UC2...
jubbgi01
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:33 pm Reply with quote

If you have to cheat like this to get ahead in a game then your a loser. Why should I have to go into a game only to be killed by some sad 12 year old who's exploiting a glitch. Just as you cant say it's not IW's fault for leaving it in, it's unfair on real gamers who dont glitch to let these people play. Wall glitchers are the worst, but this would annoy me as well. At least with martyrdom, you get a chance to leg it before it explodes.
Cernunnos
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:34 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
Cernunnos wrote:

so, is it the players fault, or the developers fault you lose a stat?

bearing in mind, the other player dies too. its a pointless bit of fun or a mistake on the players part.

bottom line - its a glitch with the game. patch it fucking up. dont ban paying customers!

its the players fault. yes, he dies as well, and probably has fun running around ruining everyone elses fun, but that doesnt make it ok to use.
whether he hurts his own stats or not is irrelevant, because its his choice, but he also affects anyone he kills with it.

IW is working on the patch.

i really dont think people will do this by mistake, and besides, they probably only ban if reported several times by different players etc, so only the people who use it more than once.

ban paying customers? when they are breaking the contract they agreed to, of course.
Dajmin

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:37 pm Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
Dajmin, are you earnestly stating that you consider a ban of private customers that are paying to play online due to an in-game glitch caused by a developer is an appropriate punishment?

Yes I am. You sign up to those T&Cs when you create the account. You cheat, that's the risk you take. It might be a disproportionate, but you've already told them it's okay to do it.
It's like using someone's house without their knowledge. Using their cooker might not be as bad as throwing a house party and trashing the place, but it's still illegal Smile

I agree that a console ban is probably a bit much, but if you can see someone has repeatedly exploited it then they did bring it on themselves. Someone who accidentally uses it once is a bit different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: