Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedNew Super Mario Bros. Wii Review - http://bit.ly/4mmLI
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Zelda Wii might miss 2010 | Modern Warfare Wii video | Digital distributors refuse to stock PC Modern Warfare 2 | Dragon Age PC patch out (already) | Xbox Facebook, Twitter is over 18s only | Valve: 360 community "head and shoulders above PS3" | Activision "not overly concerned" by MW2 PC furore | Microsoft cuts 800 jobs | New Super Mario Bros.: 20 mins of video | Mass Effect 2: New screenshots | F1 2009 gameplay video | Halo anime gets release schedule | LittleBigPlanet PSP gets UK release date | Halo Waypoint's Avatar Awards detailed | Rage dedicated servers unlikely, says Carmack | Yamauchi: Forza 3 is "different from a simulator" | New Nintendo downloads this week | Zelda Spirit Tracks gameplay trailer | LittleBigPlanet 2 would be "counterproductive" | Kane & Lynch 2: Teaser video | Assassin's Creed II gets book-ed | Prince of Persia UK trailer: New footage | Battlefield: BC 2 beta is PS3 exclusive | Mass Effect 2 video details enemies | Halo Reach details, screens leaked?
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Xbox Facebook, Twitter is over 18s only
View previous topic - View next topic  
footieharry
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 6 Nov 09 5:58 pm Reply with quote

thats gay, I think they will find most people who use facebook and stuff are under 18
footieharry

PostPosted: 6 Nov 09 5:58 pm Reply with quote

thats gay, I think they will find most people who use facebook and stuff are under 18
matt4croft
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 6 Nov 09 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Thats ridiculous people under 18 will probably be using facebook, twitter on the computers anyway so why not on the xbox!
steve_2003
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 6 Nov 09 6:04 pm Reply with quote

However, a several weeks afterwards an update that gives parents the choice of which social applications their children can access will be sent out. This means that Xbox LIVE members between the ages of 13 and 17 will be able to use Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm as long as their parents approve. Very Happy

That makes sense to me.
DazedandConfused
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 6 Nov 09 6:13 pm Reply with quote

This is nothing to get upset about anyhoo. How many people seriously use the family settings on their 360's anyway.
It's gonna make sod all difference to the majority of under 18's realistically. Can't imagine many using it anyway. Just use a PC, sorted!
bunneyo
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 6 Nov 09 6:59 pm Reply with quote

they shud make xbox users be 18 and over, might clean it up abit Wink
mattant79
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 6 Nov 09 7:45 pm Reply with quote

bunneyo,
Good point, I'm sick of playing kids on Fifa, All they do is quit on you and give you abuse.
johnafirth
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 6 Nov 09 7:57 pm Reply with quote

I've used it as part of the beta update, and it's not worth getting in a huff about. Not all that great. They're standalone applications, so you can't keep listening to last.fm once you exit it, and you can't follow links from Twitter or Facebook.

Edit - also, having Zune instead of the old video section means you now no longer see the filesize (a minor niggle, but useful for those of us still stuck with 20 gig drives) and you also lose the file deletion confirmation option; once you hit delete, it's gone, which is quite annoying if you're cack-handed like me.
skidpro
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 7 Nov 09 11:11 am Reply with quote

its not just 'family settings' as i switched off most of mine for my 12 year old now...he is signed up as a 12 year old on his birthday,so wont get Facebook & Twitter but his friends at school all use facebook etc...so I think we, parents, should have the option of allowing our children access to these sites on x360 MS...I hope thats what you dedcide.
RickReynolds1986
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 7 Nov 09 6:38 pm Reply with quote

They should do this with the actual console games to, There is nothing worse than playing cod or l4d with some 10yr old and listening to there annoying screaming and abusive tones!

Alas tho they wont do anything about it, Just gonna have to stay in my party as to avoid listening to them!
Miss Marvellous

PostPosted: 7 Nov 09 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Fantastic news just need them prevented from using live now.
newsinthefield
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 8 Nov 09 12:07 am Reply with quote

This is rich considering last year everyone was worried MS was going to turn the white box into a DVD player, for the "family". In't it sweet Microsoft, that you can all curl up on the couch but if you want to check your status updates,you have to send your children to their respective rooms. This must be some kind of ploy to make Facebook and Twitter popular for rebellious kids. Oh, I can imagine the tweets now: "ON XBOX LIVE TWITTER M8! UNDER 18! VIVA LA REVELUCION!"

Seriously?
sakaspuds
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 8 Nov 09 5:37 pm Reply with quote

if only they stopped kids playing the games online too (gears 2 multiplayer with 8 year olds aint much fun)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: