Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedRent movies on your PS3 - Video Delivery Service detailed: http://bit.ly/tIRhO
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Activision launches ratings awareness campaign | American McGee's Alice trailer wasn't real | Gran Turismo 5 screenshots are incredible | Nintendo to trial WiiWare demos | PSP Value Packs for Japan | Modern Warfare 2 piracy being dealt with | Modern Warfare 2 TV ad | Fable III art released | GameStop: Slow PSPgo launch was Sony's intent | MS: "Nothing to announce" on public Live Rewards | Assassin's Creed II video has prostitutes | US Splinter Cell Conviction collector's edition detailed | Modern Warfare 2 tipped to break records | Darksiders 'Mayhem' gameplay trailer | Football Manager 2010 video | Euro PS3 Video Delivery Service detailed | Wii Zelda: MotionPlus improves swordplay | Warcraft rejected by Chinese regulator | Sky Player gets "revised rollout" | Halo Legends short out Saturday | 360 Games on Demand gets two more | Iwata: "Wii cannot be defined as healthy" | Modern Warfare 2 ISO ripped | Iwata: 'Japan most challenging for console games' | Analysts: Sony was saved by Wii success
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Modern Warfare 2 ISO ripped
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
MPH
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Be warned, playing leaked or pirated versions of Modern Warfare 2 is likely to get you banned from Xbox Live for rest of your potentially miserable, online-game-less life.

How long does it take to proof read a short article like this? Seriously?
Bibbo
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Why do you decide to nit pick an article?
nikon005
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:14 pm Reply with quote

Be warned, playing leaked or pirated versions of Modern Warfare 2 is likely to get you banned from Xbox Live for rest of your potentially miserable, online-game-less life.
..........oooow i bet the downloaders are shaking in their boots !
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Im supposed to be picking this up from my local retailer this Saturday.

Does this mean if I play the Game this weekend, there is a chance I may be met with the Ban hammer on Live? Can CVG or someone clarify this? Merci.
CVG Gav
CVG Staff

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:19 pm Reply with quote

MPH wrote:
Quote:

A bit longer than it took you to write that. 1000 apologies.
TykerD3
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:20 pm Reply with quote

You must either a) have no work to do b) be unemployed c) be a student to have time to moan about a typo in an article. I do agree though that all articles should be proof read. Cant wait for MW2.....hope i do better than i did in MW as my kill ratio was 0.85...not very impressive. COD 5 i got 1.38....is the quality of player higher in MW?
CVG Gav
CVG Staff

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:23 pm Reply with quote

No linking to dodgy sites either...
goomba_lover
Kudos: 23

If its a legit copy you are playing early then its ok (providing you have some proof you paid for it), its the shops fault for letting you have it early.
Banning people is for non-legit copys (ie as in these downloaders)
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 32

Probably not, but i'd stay offline just to be safe.

A friend of mine has got hold of an early copy and has so far not had any problems though.

I like how CVG have decided to proclaim to the world that its been leaked online. So has pretty much every other new release. Thats just the nature of the internet. Even if i had a flashed 360 i probably wouldn't bother with MW2. Bayonetta on the other hand....
MPH

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Maybe because I (who's not a professional writer that's also NOT paid to write articles for a living) can clearly write in ENGLISH, and maybe I would expect writers that are paid to do the job to do the same. My sentences make sense. These article errors aren't something that happens every now and then, this occurs on an almost daily basis. That is not the mark of professional journalism! :p

Why do you nitpick other Posters comments? At least I had something constructive to present. So again, why aren't CVG proof reading articles before posting them? It seems they wait for us to point out the errors and then they correct them.
ricflair
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:26 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:

Does this mean if I play the Game this weekend, there is a chance I may be met with the Ban hammer on Live? Can CVG or someone clarify this? Merci.

You should be OK. Make sure you get a receipt, although I think theideal said Activision are going to town on people shipping it early. So if you don't get in s**t for playing it, your local store might get in s**t for selling it!

I remember MS saying that people playing ODST early had better have proof of purchase, or they were going to get tough - so they're not THAT fussed about people playing it early if they bought it legit. And MS have gone through a wave of banning accounts/consoles that are modded etc recently.
nikon005

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:27 pm Reply with quote

You must either a) have no work to do b) be unemployed c) be a student to have time to moan about a typo in an article. I do agree though that all articles should be proof read. Cant wait for MW2.....hope i do better than i did in MW as my kill ratio was 0.85...not very impressive. COD 5 i got 1.38....is the quality of player higher in MW?
Yes I have played both games and you tend to get a mature gamers on mw1 less campers aswell .PS my death to kill ratio was 1.42 Shocked
MPH

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:28 pm Reply with quote

CVG Gav wrote:
MPH wrote:
Quote:

A bit longer than it took you to write that. 1000 apologies.

No worries Gav but please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD proof read beforehand. I literally proof read everything, from emails to posts and everything in between. It doesn't take a minute and it saves people (like me) jumping down your throat. Wink Sorry if I'm coming across as an ass but I'm having a bad day!
MPH

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:29 pm Reply with quote

nikon005 wrote:
Yes I have played both games and you tend to get a mature gamers on mw1 less campers aswell .PS my death to kill ratio was 1.42 Shocked

Actually I'm on an extended lunch at work. Smile

And if no-one points out the errors, then the errors will continue to come.
Conkers
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:31 pm Reply with quote

nikon005 wrote:
..........oooow i bet the downloaders are shaking in their boots !

They probably are, in their stolen seal pup skin and mink fur lined elephant skin boots.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:34 pm Reply with quote

i got MW1 last weekend off steam for �17.

wont be paying for pc version of MW2 anyway. may 'test' out the single player on pc, then pick it up when i get a new ps3 later down the road for cheaper, since you dont need a cd-key.

there were thousands of servers for MW1 still, that'll do for now. will be buying bad company 2 for pc though.
altitude2k
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:35 pm Reply with quote

CVG Gav wrote:
No linking to dodgy sites either...

Did you ban that chap who posted up those links to the download yesterday?
ste hicky
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:38 pm Reply with quote

so after all the shenanigans with the pc servers issue and the attempt to snuff out mw2 piracy the 360 version gets leaked first. Very Happy

i wonder what features will be removed from next years console version to counter this.

still gutted over mw2,cancelled my pre order of the pc version and i'll wait for someone to hack/patch the game with some sort of dedi server support before i part with my money.

Last edited by ste hicky on 3 Nov 09 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
dangermou5e
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:41 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:

My local shop has had a ban hammer put on it selling before the offical date which sucks as i was gonna pick it up on saturday instead i've had to pre-order it, I think Activision are trying to stop shops from selling it early the gits Evil or Very Mad
CURRENTLY PLAYING:Borderlands,Gta
---------------------------------------------
In the words of Valhalla "Its only a demo"
StuM
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:42 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
My sentences make sense. These article errors aren't something that happens every now and then, this occurs on an almost daily basis.

To be picky, you have referred to the errors in the first tense as being more than one, and then further in the same sentence - "this occurs" - you have gone back to referring to the error as a singular mistake.

I'm not trying to be picky, but don't you proofread before you post? Wink
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Thanks to those that posted in response to my query. Im going to pick it up on Saturday but will refrain from jumping in until its released to everyone, dont want to be too good for all of you and would want to keep it as much of a level playing field as possible.

Thats just the kind of guy I am Laughing .
nikon005

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Ppl how do i paste someones comment and then make their typing slanted , so you can see i'm commenting on their comment . If you can't my drift bleds . thankyou plz ? Confused
moss66

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:52 pm Reply with quote

I know its abit off topic but am i right in thinking that banner at the top of the homepage say that GAME are doing modern warfare 2 from 35 quid?? ive preodered from asda and wondered if anyone had heard the Asda price? ive looked on asdas website the page loads up for 1 second saying 44.91 then disapears.
nikon005

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 2:55 pm Reply with quote

�35 from asda is the PC version of MW2
moss66

PostPosted: 3 Nov 09 3:06 pm Reply with quote

yeah thats what games saying 35 for pc and 45 for xbox and ps3. the gf gonna pick it up for me on launch night for me and both shops doin midnight launch are 2 min walk. just trying to find where the best deal is. im on ps3 b.t.w. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: