Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedUnboxing The Black Wii Video! http://bit.ly/nJ6HU
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
First Screenshots: Epic Mickey | Microsoft: Not scared of OnLive | BioShock 2: New Multiplayer trailer | Last Golden Joysticks tickets go for charity | New CVG Community forum launches | Left 4 Dead 2 has Avatar Awards | BioShock dev's X-Com outed? | Miyamoto to boost Star Fox popularity | Frogger shuns Xbox live | Video: DJ Hero Eminem behind-the-scenes | Namco: "Lot of ideas" for Tekken 7 | God of War Collection gets US date | Left 4 Dead 2 demo hits Xbox Live | Xbox 360 prepares X Factor blitz | First EA MMA screenshot | Monkey Island Episode 4 dated, screens | Another DSi exclusive revealed | 13 Star Trek Online shots | No dedicated Aliens vs Predator servers? | New PokéPark screenshots | 25% of UK gamers pay for DLC | Free Brutal Legend DLC detailed | Both Ratchet & Clank demos this week | 20 shiny Gran Turismo 5 screenshots | New GTA: Gay Tony screens, video
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Meier confirms free Civilization for... Facebook!
View previous topic - View next topic  
Moribundman
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 22 Oct 09 11:00 am Reply with quote

Meier's attachment to the project gives me a tiny flickering hope that this won't just turn out to be like one of those "Mafia Wars"/"Fish Tank" things everyone keeps pestering me to join. I rarely check Facebook but I'm sick of the sight of that crap and it is instantly ignored. All 50 invitations per log in...
ReaperMan
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 22 Oct 09 11:01 am Reply with quote

Oh dear! I can see my social life being absolutely destroyed by this. Mixing what is one of the most addictive games in the world with an already addictive social network could be deadly!!

I hope the game follows more of a Civ IV model rather than a CivRev design, as it was definitely the better system. CivRev just didn't "do it" for me in the same way that Civs I, II, III and IV (or Colonization, for that matter).
caodonnell
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 22 Oct 09 11:28 am Reply with quote

This sounds great cant wait.
BeauBeau
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 22 Oct 09 11:45 am Reply with quote

Featured Comment:
Screw spending your social life on it: play it in work!
Black Mantis
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 22 Oct 09 11:53 am Reply with quote

BeauBeau wrote:
Screw spending your social life on it: play it in work!

Yep!
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 22 Oct 09 1:08 pm Reply with quote

sweet. another distraction for slow work days. Smile
cjw101
Kudos: 42

PostPosted: 22 Oct 09 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Sadly, rumour has it that logging in to Facebook earns you a proper bottom-raping at my new job... Mad
kimoak
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 22 Oct 09 11:50 pm Reply with quote

cjw101 wrote:
Sadly, rumour has it that logging in to Facebook earns you a proper bottom-raping at my new job... Mad

we used to use a .5 ip address... (Free port just for us)sadly no longer... Damn those infrastructure jobsworths!!
bloodbathrich
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 22 Oct 09 11:51 pm Reply with quote

facebook, myspace, youtube and the rest of those kinda sites have been banned in my work place.

...just when i see somthing that would make me log onto Facebook ><
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: