Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedMass Effect 2 dated Jan 29
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Star Wars Battlefront video | Mass Effect 2 dated Jan 29 | PixelJunk Monsters PSP fixed | Create your own 2D Mario levels? | Blur confirmed for Lego Rock Band | Alien vs. Predator video | Xbox Live: GTA IV, Dirt 2 DLC | Splinter Cell Conviction: 4 minute video | Alpha Protocol delay "sucks", says Obsidian | F1 2009 trailer brings the cringe | Epic Mickey: New details | Borderlands' zombie DLC detailed (already) | New Gay Tony video | Miyamoto: Nintendo keen on HD | 250GB PS3 reaches US in November | Lord of the Rings Online: Mirkwood movie | Modern Warfare 2 "caters to the hardcore gamer" | Left 4 Dead 2 demo details | Alpha Protocol delay is (finally) official | Shaun White Wii movie | Here's your PSN Update list | Another video of THAT Sega game | New Ratchet & Clank Home space today | Kojima: New Zone of the Enders "top of the list" | New Wii Pokémon game confirmed
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Forza dev: Natal potential "is immense"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 8:35 am Reply with quote

they sem to talk about other peoples games more then thier own
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 8:55 am Reply with quote

Miss_Wacy wrote:

The weakest dog always barks the loudest....
I had to use a brush on the end of a very long stick because it was quite a high fox.
Jensonjet
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:10 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

...Explains why PS3 and GT fanboys always infest Forza forums!
dangermou5e
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:14 am Reply with quote

LOL early morning trolls Rolling Eyes
Any how lets hope theres always the option to turn these off as i dont fancy having to keep my head in the same position(gt5) or holdin a virtual bloody steering wheel(Natal)
CURRENTLY PLAYING:Left 4 Dead, Grid,
---------------------------------------------
In the words of Valhalla "Its only a demo"
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:19 am Reply with quote

Again, it should be interesting to see how different Devs utilise Natal in different genres, driving is a tough one Confused .
Domin666
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:26 am Reply with quote

Sorry but like most motion stuff this will suck have seen pictures of a guy doing headkicks so his on screen dude can do it? can you even do above shoulders kick coz if not your doomed I for one will not buy Tonyhawks overpriced plastic skateboard and Natel just dont intrest me I have limited space between tv and seating position and dont want to work up a sweat when playing and drinking.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:32 am Reply with quote

Jensonjet wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

...Explains why PS3 and GT fanboys always infest Forza forums!

lol! Touche, good sir! Laughing

As for the article, the man is right in regards to finicky headset controls. If you had a multi-screen setup that mirrored the actual view when sitting in a car, then it might be a different story.
melodyhh
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:49 am Reply with quote

LOL early morning trolls im agree Laughing
Tonyb
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:06 am Reply with quote

There seem to a number of devs that appear to be "juiced" about the potential of Natal, I for one am looking forward to seeing how they can integrate it into the gameplay.

...and just ignore the "I ain't playing a racing game with a plate" brigade, Jensonjet, anything to try and p**s on Microsoft's and more specifically the 360's parade. You know and I know that if this tech. was on the overpriced grill there'd be a wankfest of epic proportions.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:21 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

very true. they are trying to convince themselves i think. slightly pathetic.

you dont hear GT constantly comparing itself to a wannabe.

its as bad as celebrity z-listers name dropping... trying to get tarred with the same brush.
Conkers
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:30 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

If you notice, he doesn’t actually mention GT5, that is put in before the quote, for all you know he was talking about using head tracking with Natal, as it’s amazing what you can do to perspective with editing…
Mark240473

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:36 am Reply with quote

Conkers wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

If you notice, he doesn’t actually mention GT5, that is put in before the quote, for all you know he was talking about using head tracking with Natal, as it’s amazing what you can do to perspective with editing…

If anyone is more well known, than Turn 10, for blowing their own trumpet and pissing in other peoples, then let me know.
I had to use a brush on the end of a very long stick because it was quite a high fox.
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:42 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Conkers wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

If anyone is more well known, than Turn 10, for blowing their own trumpet and pissing in other peoples, then let me know.

Kaz Hirai's comments for Sony before the PS3 launched!
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:50 am Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Conkers wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

Ouch Laughing .
Mark240473

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:52 am Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Conkers wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

I remember him playing the bugle like a pro, but I am pretty sure he didn't try to p**s on anybody else's parade.

Nah, the only person I can think of is David Brent, from The Office. Thankfully, he isn't a real character - but if he was, he'd no doubt work for Turn 10 PR dept.
altitude2k
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:11 am Reply with quote

Here's a few points:

- He doesn't mention GT5 for no reason: the head-tracking topic is posed to him and he answers.

- Dan Greenawalt is proud of what he does and is enthusiastic and vocal about his work. Just because Polyphony say absolutely nothing about what they're doing, doesn't mean everyone else has to follow suit. You'd big yourself up too if you were proud of what you'd done.

- GT is the Playstation's big racing sim. Forza is exclusive to the Xbox, is comparable in a lot of respects, and was much later to the party than GT, therefore it will always be compared. Turn 10 have never hidden the fact that they are fans of the GT series and that they want to give Xbox owners their own fantastic simulator.

- Forza 3 is getting great reviews and it does have a release date. Those who will buy it will no doubt have a great game to play.

- GT5 will no doubt be a lot shinier when it comes out and I'm sure that those who buy it will also enjoy the game.

We're clearly all racing fans, so now can't we just all get along?
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:17 am Reply with quote

forza is a copycat - its a direct response to sonys GT.

thats why they keep comparing them.
altitude2k
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:31 am Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
forza is a copycat - its a direct response to sonys GT.

thats why they keep comparing them.

You're not wrong - what were they going to do, let Sony control the console racing sim market? Same way as MS "copied" Sony and created a console; channel 5 created Fifth Gear; Mozilla created Firefox; Autodesk pushed Fusion into Inventor etc. etc. etc.

It's kinda how people make money Wink

With reviews of 8/10, 9/10, 9.4/10 it certainly doesn't suffer from being a copycat.
MrPirtniw

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:37 am Reply with quote

Altitude! Don't confuse him with logic!
Mark240473

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:48 am Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
Here's a few points:

- He doesn't mention GT5 for no reason: the head-tracking topic is posed to him and he answers.

- Dan Greenawalt is proud of what he does and is enthusiastic and vocal about his work. Just because Polyphony say absolutely nothing about what they're doing, doesn't mean everyone else has to follow suit. You'd big yourself up too if you were proud of what you'd done.

- GT is the Playstation's big racing sim. Forza is exclusive to the Xbox, is comparable in a lot of respects, and was much later to the party than GT, therefore it will always be compared. Turn 10 have never hidden the fact that they are fans of the GT series and that they want to give Xbox owners their own fantastic simulator.

- Forza 3 is getting great reviews and it does have a release date. Those who will buy it will no doubt have a great game to play.

- GT5 will no doubt be a lot shinier when it comes out and I'm sure that those who buy it will also enjoy the game.

Mmmm. It looks like Naughty Dog have just created one of the best action games of this generation.

I don't hear them going on about it.... slagging off competition all the time can sometimes be attributed to insecurity.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:49 am Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Conkers wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

BAM! That one sat right between the eyes! Laughing
Mark240473

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:52 am Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
Black Mantis wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Conkers wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

Oh look, you left off my reply.

You and MS are perfect for each other... Laughing
MrPirtniw

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:57 am Reply with quote

Settle down now people! Think of the children!
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:57 am Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
Here's a few points:

Well written. That said, I do not feel particularly inclined to get along with the SDF anymore. Whether they peacefully accept co-existence or rot in the streets is all the same to me at present.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
The_KFD_Case wrote:
Black Mantis wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Conkers wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

Oh look, you left off my reply.

You and MS are perfect for each other... Laughing

Speaking of insecurity and tooting one's own horn, Mark, the reason your comment doesn't appear is because I wasn't quoting your last comment but Black Mantis' comment before that one (i.e. your comment wasn\'t in that post and thus could not be included). Don't you feel silly now? Laughing Looks like you and Sony fit each other like a foot and hose.Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: