Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed... and here's our Nintendo DSi XL review: http://bit.ly/5MjSCn
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
New Star Wars reveal next month | More flying mini games for Home | Uncharted 3 is "assured", says voice actor | Confirmed: Dead Space 2 reveal Dec 22 | Reviews "least important factor" to game purchasers | Red Dead Redemption release date nailed | Nintendo DS is five years old | Mass Effect 2 system specs out | First Guitar Hero 6 details | Buy Gran Turismo 5 Special Edition on Amazon | Borderlands DLC released - new screenshots | Op Flash: Dragon Rising Mod contest closing | Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising screens | Wii bubble "deflating", says analyst | Uncharted 2: "Awesome" multiplayer add-ons this week | Tron trailer teases new game | Mercenaries Inc details are official | Final Fantasy XIII: 'Final' trailer | "Xbox 360 will beat PS3 3:1 in Christmas console battle" | Just Cause 2 release date confirmed | Far Cry 3 looking "pretty exciting" | MAG beta key giveaway | MS developing 'Xbox Live FAQs'? | VC Mario Kart looking unlikely for UK | DSi XL tops 100,000 sales in two days
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Epic: 'All our future games will support Natal'
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 8:29 am Reply with quote

Good to know that Natal is going to get the support it needs from some big 3rd paty Devs, this is supposed to be Rares baby though and I kind of want to see what there doing more than any others.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 8:46 am Reply with quote

from the last trailer i saw for Natal it looks like they're working on some kind of cool Godzillaeque monster game where you smash cities.

It'll be interesting to see what the big devs make of it. Hopefully we'll finally see the full potential of motion control, the problem with the wii is that a lot of the big devs wouldn't touch it becasue it isn't capable grpahically. thats not a problem with natal.
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:00 am Reply with quote

Toot, toot! Get on the hype train! Chuggachuggachugga......

Laughing
DrRickDagless MD
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:01 am Reply with quote

It seems the devs are talking about Natal like everyone is suddenly going to have it and it'll be worth there time developing controls for it.
But if it doesn't sell the numbers it'll die slowly.

I really like the idea of natal but I feel that developers will crowbar it in at the beginning.

Games like Fable, Viva pinata and RTS games could really benefit from this technology as long as its implemented right. Sadly I know that devs are going to use it in ways that are idiotic and counter intuitive to how we play games like FPS's or sports games.

Anyone who has played wii sports can tell you that you change your wild style to the most basic motions after a couple of plays and that motion control in any form fouls up at some point. When I play a game I want controls that are tight and fair. Random movements always seep into motion control which is alright for the casual games but end up ruining that high score you are going for or your perfect round in others.

I like my button controller to do the important stuff that you need to work right and the motion controller to do stuff like menu or object interaction on which my charaters life doesn't depend.

The difference is huge as i'll quite happily play through a level that I messed up but would want to snap the game in half if it was because of a doggy movement or poor control implementation.

I want natal to succeed but the devs need to be very careful if thay want my money.

On another note, how long before GTA lets you fondle a boob? The papers will love that.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:40 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Toot, toot! Get on the hype train! Chuggachuggachugga......

Laughing

Are the Sony love orbs running late again?...
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:43 am Reply with quote

DrRickDagless MD wrote:

<snip>

On another note, how long before GTA lets you fondle a boob? The papers will love that.

Not just the papers! Wink Laughing
melodyhh
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:54 am Reply with quote

cool urs Razz
paul_brown940

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:33 am Reply with quote

The only use I can see in an fps that shouldn't get you killed would be leaning to look around corners.

Maybe if your controlling a squad you could point in the direction you want your guys to move, or hold your hand up if you want them to stop (stealthy gameplay when you don't want to speak). The problem with both of these though is you have to move your hand from the controller at which point you'd probably get killed.
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:38 am Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
DrRickDagless MD wrote:

<snip>

Well, you could pretend to fondle a boob any time you want. You don't need Natal to feel a tit! Laughing
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:39 am Reply with quote

paul_brown940 wrote:
The only use I can see in an fps that shouldn't get you killed would be leaning to look around corners.

Maybe if your controlling a squad you could point in the direction you want your guys to move, or hold your hand up if you want them to stop (stealthy gameplay when you don't want to speak). The problem with both of these though is you have to move your hand from the controller at which point you'd probably get killed.

Hand gestures would be a cool idea to give orders to team members when you need to be quiet. Leaning another. I can see that as a good start.

Good to see support for Natal though. I think all it needs is plenty of support and it will succeed.
JuiKuen
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:06 am Reply with quote

Well, its not like the controls in games like Gears of War were all that great, so I'm not expecting much from 'Epic's' promises Rolling Eyes

Last edited by JuiKuen on 9 Oct 09 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
only_777
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:21 am Reply with quote

Heard all this before when Sony made the eyetoy, yes Natal is more powerful but like the eyetoy (and the camera already on the 360) it'll only get used to take pictures of your face and stick them on people in a game!
I am rooted in favour of Sony now, after being burnt by MS though. Two 360's and two first gen xbox's - crap all backwards compatablity, MS trying to screw me over with my XNA club membership. So its not that I have not given them a chance.
MrPirtniw
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:27 am Reply with quote

(Shrugs) I don't have any problem with them... maybe you just suck?

I was a little sceptical when I first learned of Natal- but as the days go by I'm actually looking forward to it more and more. You DEFINATELY have to be able to pistol whip people with your own arms/controller- extreme satisfaction.

There's still plenty of scope for this to go wrong, but I'm I have my fingers crossed. I'll leave the moaning to 'the usual suspects'. Wink
altitude2k
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:32 am Reply with quote

kimoak wrote:
paul_brown940 wrote:

Hand gestures would be a cool idea to give orders to team members when you need to be quiet. Leaning another. I can see that as a good start.

Good to see support for Natal though. I think all it needs is plenty of support and it will succeed.

Head-tracking for psuedo 3D would work very well in a 3rd person shooter, so long as it's for visual purposes only and not controlling the aiming.
FiltyMonkey
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:44 am Reply with quote

Please God, stop using the noise 'meh'. It's so...ugh
altitude2k
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:47 am Reply with quote

FiltyMonkey wrote:

Shocked
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
The_KFD_Case wrote:
DrRickDagless MD wrote:

<snip>

Well, you could pretend to fondle a boob any time you want. You don't need Natal to feel a tit! Laughing

Too true! It's also possible to have conversations with t**s of various hues and colours (pun fully intended), just don't expect anything intelligent in response. Wink (And that's not a dig at you, btw)
dorian2011
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 1:26 pm Reply with quote

""Heard all this before when Sony made the eyetoy, yes Natal is more powerful but like the eyetoy (and the camera already on the 360) it'll only get used to take pictures of your face and stick them on people in a game""

can no one else tell that this is starsail? haha
one word for that LOSER
dorian2011
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 1:30 pm Reply with quote

that was a referrence to only_777
lonewolf2002
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 1:37 pm Reply with quote

FiltyMonkey wrote:

Dont you mean "It's so...meh"

/meh runs
WoW Realm=Stormrage Char=Loanwolf (human rogue)
Rob S London

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Don't forget the voice recognition, some games could be controller led but with voice control for some elements.

You could shout silly GRAW-type stuff like 'bogey on your six' to your squad!
Asinine
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 2:21 pm Reply with quote

Wave your hands in the air and get no feedback for your actions - great Mad

I am not convinced
only_777

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 3:37 pm Reply with quote

dorian2011 wrote:
""Heard all this before when Sony made the eyetoy, yes Natal is more powerful but like the eyetoy (and the camera already on the 360) it'll only get used to take pictures of your face and stick them on people in a game""

can no one else tell that this is starsail? haha
one word for that LOSER

Er no this is only_777, remember me? The one that blew the lid on T2G. See my youtube page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/onlytriple7

One word for people like you, Idiot.
I am rooted in favour of Sony now, after being burnt by MS though. Two 360's and two first gen xbox's - crap all backwards compatablity, MS trying to screw me over with my XNA club membership. So its not that I have not given them a chance.
JuiKuen
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 8:17 pm Reply with quote

FiltyMonkey wrote:

Sorry. I don't normally use it (I never say it when speaking). I just couldn't think at that point what to say.

To be honest, I don't like it either as it reminds me of this boring guy who always says it. I'll get it removed
adminCVG
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 8:45 pm Reply with quote

all are non natal suited games will have forsed not suited natal controls WHAT A JOKE

FPS NATAL = FAIL 3RD PESON ACTION NATAL= FAIL

EPIC HOW MANY DOLLARS ARE IN THE BROWN PAPER BAG MICRSOFT GAVE YOU TO TALK THIS TRASH

NATAL IS NOTHING MORE THAN A TRACKING CAMERA NT SUITED TO UR GAMES

TALKING CRAP ON MICROSOFTS BEHALF SO SAD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: