Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedNatal will follow "usual price curve" says MS. Sounds expensive http://bit.ly/t45XJ
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Turn 10: "Difficult" to replicate Forza 3 | EA's new Road Rash leaked? | New Serious Sam HD movie | GTAIV added to 360 Classics | Xbox Live: Bayonetta, Sturmovik, GH5 demo | Hydrophobia XBLA to get disc release | GTA: Chinatown Wars video | Eliza Dushku "interested" in Wet movie | Marvel: UA 2 gets Carnage DLC | Wii drops to £139 on Amazon | New Final Fantasy XIV shots | Games on Demand release schedule | Ex-Free Radical doing "original FPS" | MGS: Peace Walker demo released | Tekken 6 online features revealed | New Modern Warfare 2 footage | Forza dev: Natal potential "is immense" | Epic: 'All our future games will support Natal' | Randy Pitchford: "Steam isn't the answer" | "No plans" for Professor Layton on Wii | Sean Lock to present Joysticks | Video: Forza 2 Vs. Forza 3 | IL2 Sturmovik DLC is airborne | No Bayonetta demo in UK PSN update | FIFA 10: Director's Cut video
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Video: Forza 2 Vs. Forza 3
View previous topic - View next topic  
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 4:03 pm Reply with quote

You really know how to stoke the fires CVG Laughing .

Keep up the good work Wink.
will7476
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 4:04 pm Reply with quote

I think Need for Speed Shift is better looking than any of these.
kimoak
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 4:16 pm Reply with quote

There really isn't much difference between the 2 as far as I can tell from these vids... Prologue is as JR Hartley said, 'Rather old'. I'd say compare it to the full version when it comes out first.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 4:17 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:

To be fair, a lot of people just love these comparison videos, as proven by N4G. It's like a Kill Bill fight scene over there, except they are using words, rather than swords. I hope.

Anyway, Forza 3 looks good. I am also guessing that GT5 will be a massive improvement over GT5:p, visually at least.

Don't let us down PD.
I had to use a brush on the end of a very long stick because it was quite a high fox.
leefear1
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Why does GT5s Dust look so strange?
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 4:52 pm Reply with quote

I have the distinction of not having played any of the Forza nor GT lines of games, and here are my thoughts on the video comparisons above:

Forza 3 looks very much like Forza 2 but has better sound effects and looks slightly better during in-game racing. The camera mode clearly puts Forza 2 to shame.

GT5: Prologue has more impressive background music in these clips. Hopefully Forza 3 will mount something more impressive than 8-bit days sounding computer jingles on other tracks in the complete game. I also think there are moments where GT5: Prologue for a split second (and yes, it is only a tiny moment,) looks just a millimetre better than Forza 3.

Now, before the pitchfork wielding, torch brandishing fanboys descend on me, I will point out that I enjoy playing on my Xbox 360 and that I do not own a PS3. On that note, long may the beautiful flexibility and superior performance of gaming PC rigs live! Laughing

Last edited by The_KFD_Case on 9 Oct 09 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 4:57 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:

To be fair, a lot of people just love these comparison videos, as proven by N4G. It's like a Kill Bill fight scene over there, except they are using words, rather than swords. I hope.

Anyway, Forza 3 looks good. I am also guessing that GT5 will be a massive improvement over GT5:p, visually at least.

Don't let us down PD.

N4G? Jebus, you either need a bullet proof vest or a straight jacket to go onto that site Wink

Its obvious that GT5 is going to look better than FM3 (Dev time alone will see to that) but i am sure that both Games will be the defining Racer on each platform.
versionr
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 5:03 pm Reply with quote

GT5P still looks good for a 2(?) year old game!
jas6004
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 6:12 pm Reply with quote

They all look good enough to me apart from the same old problem, why cant developers make the steering wheel turn correctly when using in car view, the wheel turns a tiny bit and the car goes round a sharp bend. SHODDY Question
metallicorphan
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 8:04 pm Reply with quote

hopefully i will be able to turn off that shite music on GT5
pp82
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 9:11 pm Reply with quote

metallicorphan wrote:
hopefully i will be able to turn off that shite music on GT5

Its's the first thing I do in any driving game
The menu music in GT5 prologue is terrible mind you GT has always had naff shopping mall music since the PS1
Paradaz - UK

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 9:34 pm Reply with quote

We know how shiny the cars are in GT5 but the track itself and trackside detail have nowhere near the level that Forza 3 has.

Why are the GT5 tracks so clean? There is barely any texturing at all, it looks completely wrong.

NFS Shift has it down to perfection, just a pity about the handling (although there are some good realism mods available on PC already)
voodoo341
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 9:43 pm Reply with quote

Paradaz - UK wrote:
We know how shiny the cars are in GT5 but the track itself and trackside detail have nowhere near the level that Forza 3 has.

Why are the GT5 tracks so clean? There is barely any texturing at all, it looks completely wrong.

NFS Shift has it down to perfection, just a pity about the handling (although there are some good realism mods available on PC already)

Wow I'm impressed, you've played GT5!
horngreen
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 8 Oct 09 10:28 pm Reply with quote

I thought GT5 would look better but it looked lame to me. At firts I thought it was the unfair use of a sweet assed supercar in FM3 compared to a "mazda 3"? Anyway I figured out what made GT5 look so lame. It seems to have NO shadows other than the one cast by the car. Surely not all tracks in the game will be run at high noon will they? Forza had shadows playing all over the track. Anyone who knows anything about photography knows high noon is the flatest time to take a picture. I guess the Cell engine can't generate more than one or two shadows at a time. Cool
Paradaz - UK

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 12:23 am Reply with quote

voodoo341 wrote:
Wow I'm impressed, you've played GT5!

Can you actually find any comment/quote that states I've played the full version of the game? Rolling Eyes

Perhaps you can expand on why two unreleased games that have previews and videos all over the web of the same track have totally different textures? One of them looks realistic, the other looks like a bland plastic canvas.

Regardless of what many people are saying, when you are driving a car, it's not your car that you are looking at...it's the track, entry and exit points, the race line, markers for braking/accelerating....those things are way more important than getting shiny textures onto something that you don't see or don't have time to notice.
atrimus
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 3:13 am Reply with quote

Paradaz - UK wrote:
Perhaps you can expand on why two unreleased games that have previews and videos all over the web of the same track have totally different textures? One of them looks realistic, the other looks like a bland plastic canvas.

maybe because most sites (including CVG with this very article) are showing comparison pics and vids between Forza 3 and GT5P. no site (at least none that i've seen) has compared Forza 3 to GT5. Prologue is about two years old. GT5 has already shown that it looks better than Prologue.
voodoo341
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 7:13 am Reply with quote

Paradaz - UK wrote:

Can you actually find any comment/quote that states I've played the full version of the game? Rolling Eyes

Regardless of what many people are saying, when you are driving a car, it's not your car that you are looking at...it's the track, entry and exit points, the race line, markers for braking/accelerating....those things are way more important than getting shiny textures onto something that you don't see or don't have time to notice.

The video shown is GT5 Prologue not GT5. Rolling Eyes
Your powers of observation aren't up to much when you didn't even see that.
eltonbird
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:23 am Reply with quote

Right, so as soon as they release footage of GT5 running Suzuka, we can comment. until then it's speculation.

That works for both sides. GT5 fans can't claim it's going to look better until we see it. Forza fans can't claim a victory on track detail either.

What we can say though, is that track textures, tarmac detail, grass and gravel variations and skidmark detail is massively superior in Forza 3 than GT5P Smile
peetay
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 10:32 am Reply with quote

wow forza 3 looks s**t
PS3_fannyboy
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 11:46 am Reply with quote

Ahem...I feel the need to step in here and reassert factuality!

Now we all know you won't believe an unbiased poster like myself...so let's see what the xbots at CVG have to say about the matter:

Mike "Microsoft" Jackson wrote:
But - as many players have already noticed in the Xbox Live demo - as soon as you start a race detail drops significantly. And while some of the Italian rocky landscapes look nice, some of the normal race circuits look really dull and not very different from the outdated-looking Forza 2.

The car interiors too, disappointingly, look a bit too grey and plastic-y. Forza 3 certainly doesn't live up to Gran Turismo in the in-game visual stakes.

It also caught my attention that one of the listed "downers" is that Forza "still doesn't look as good as GT!"

Laughing

Now please accept the truth children and cease these chinese whispers!
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 1:41 pm Reply with quote

PS3_fannyboy wrote:

<snip>

Now please accept the truth children and cease these chinese whispers!

Racism?
twztid13
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 9 Oct 09 9:34 pm Reply with quote

too bad GT5 gets all this extra beauty from not having to worry about a damage model. if turn 10 devoted every second they put into damage (and spent 5 yrs on the game instead of 2 yrs), into being pretty in videos, itd be a fair comparison.
PS3_fannyboy
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 10 Oct 09 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Bilbo Blaggins? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: