Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Tokyo Game Show attendance down | Beaterator: Watch rappers go mental | Ubi "confident" Splinter Cell can compete | PixelJunk Monsters out this Thursday | Inafune: Japanese games industry "is finished" | Will Valkyria Chronicles return to PS3? | New Gran Turismo 5 shots are shiny | New Street Fighter characters revealed - screens | ODST has "connections" to Halo Reach | No Modern Warfare 2 demo before launch | Risen launch trailer | Tekken 6 PSP screens | NFS: Shift has PlayStation Store bug... on 360 | Assassin's Creed II: Play as a boy | Tekken 6 screenshot explosion | ODST smashes the UK charts | 360 Sky Player 'date' is "nothing new" - MS | Mass Effect 2: Another character reveal | New Final Fantasy XIII trailer out | Sega quiet on rumoured Alpha Protocol delay | God of War: Collection video | Splinter Cell online info "very shortly" | TGS: Project Natal developer videos | S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: See Direct X 11 at work | Nintendo downloads: Strip Poker... really
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
TGS: Dead Rising 2 multiplayer movie
View previous topic - View next topic  
kimoak
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 25 Sep 09 4:21 pm Reply with quote

Some of those weapons look wicked! Chainsaws on each end of a broom. Genius! Smile
AegisK
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 25 Sep 09 4:42 pm Reply with quote

So they called in the Power Rangers to take down zombies? Where's the giant robots?
dewd457
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 25 Sep 09 5:41 pm Reply with quote

This does look brilliant.

Still I was kinda hoping for co op in fortune city and not just this. Sad Hopefully thats still to be announced although i doubt it now.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 27 Sep 09 12:36 pm Reply with quote

This does look sweet, IMO. The first "Dead Rising" had so many nuggets of gold and such potential...only to have them be ruined by an odious, unspoken game design that appears to intentionally have made it impossible to play and "win" the game in the manner most other games allows the player to do. The handicapped saving system, the at times insane time restrictions on missions, etc. had me more livid than just about any other game has managed to do in recent memory. I ended up going to YouTube to watch the cut-sequence movies and the different endings; I never completed the game - it became that tiresome unfortunately.

I really, really, reeeaally hope that having a Canadian developer creating this game for Capcom, could possibly result in a less convoluted, contrived and altogether more cohesive gaming experience. "Dead Rising" could be so much fun at times, yet it's downsides has left me thoroughly cautious about buying "Dead Rising 2" until I see numerous hands-on reviews. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot where it concerns the Western market, Capcom. Rolling Eyes
burnsyboy2004
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 27 Sep 09 1:12 pm Reply with quote

This looks hilariously f**king AWESOME!! Wheelchairs with machine guns strapped on, genius.
MPH
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 28 Sep 09 1:36 pm Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
This does look sweet, IMO. The first "Dead Rising" had so many nuggets of gold and such potential...only to have them be ruined by an odious, unspoken game design that appears to intentionally have made it impossible to play and "win" the game in the manner most other games allows the player to do. The handicapped saving system, the at times insane time restrictions on missions, etc. had me more livid than just about any other game has managed to do in recent memory. I ended up going to YouTube to watch the cut-sequence movies and the different endings; I never completed the game - it became that tiresome unfortunately.

I really, really, reeeaally hope that having a Canadian developer creating this game for Capcom, could possibly result in a less convoluted, contrived and altogether more cohesive gaming experience. "Dead Rising" could be so much fun at times, yet it's downsides has left me thoroughly cautious about buying "Dead Rising 2" until I see numerous hands-on reviews. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot where it concerns the Western market, Capcom. Rolling Eyes

As I've stated before... I never had a problem with Dead Rising and the way Capcom did things. I know some people didn't like the save system or the way that in game time progressed regardless of where you were, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, it seemed to add an 'edge' to things. I only missed out on 2 achievements, the 5 and 7 day survivor (as it required my Xbox being on pretty much all day and all night). But still, one of my favourite games of all time! Smile

Absolutely stoked for DR2. I cannot wait to use the Moosehead, dual machine gun wheelchair and motorbike with chainsaws attached. Again I guess one of the drawing points of this game will be the variety of ways to kill the undead horde. I just hope the in game time continues to move along no matter where you are...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: