PC GAMER MAGAZINE

PART OF THE CVG NETWORK

Login

Not a member yet? Click here to register!
Username:
Password:

CVG NETWORK

CVG
Games Radar
Edge Online
PSW Magazine
PSM3 Magazine
PC Zone Magazine
Xbox World 360 Magazine
NGamer Magazine
PC Gamer Magazine
CheatStation
Next-Gen.biz
Official XBOX 360 Magazine
Forums
Silent Hill Origins
View previous topic - View next topic  
bob2k5
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 24 Nov 07 1:41 pm Reply with quote

this is from the new dev team handling silent hill yeah? as the original teams disbanded or working on something else? just wondering coz if this is from the new team, and its getting gd review scores, then things look up for SH5. Was a bit Confused bout this and sh5 coz i heard it was a new western developement team handling it.
theideal
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 24 Nov 07 3:20 pm Reply with quote

bob2k5 wrote:
this is from the new dev team handling silent hill yeah? as the original teams disbanded or working on something else? just wondering coz if this is from the new team, and its getting gd review scores, then things look up for SH5. Was a bit Confused bout this and sh5 coz i heard it was a new western developement team handling it.

I think this is a different team to Silent Hill 5. This is from a UK dev and SH5 is from a US one.
I'm only about an hour into this but I'm enjoying it so far.
Konami are still struggling to top SH2 as far as I'm concerned.
NG_21
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 24 Nov 07 11:31 pm Reply with quote

theideal wrote:
bob2k5 wrote:

I think this is a different team to Silent Hill 5. This is from a UK dev and SH5 is from a US one.
I'm only about an hour into this but I'm enjoying it so far.
Konami are still struggling to top SH2 as far as I'm concerned.

unfortunatly mate, they always will be

virtually nothing > silent hill 2
dead_head1
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 25 Nov 07 11:47 am Reply with quote

The original dev team for the silent hill games disbanded last year.
sammyone
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 27 Nov 07 2:31 am Reply with quote

For some reason they followed up the second game by trying to make the Silent Hill series more action focussed. Silent Hill 3 was just wandering aimlessly round endless mazes then dealing with clunky combat.
The strange thing is that when I think back number two should have been a terrible game...but its story, pacing and atmosphere made for an excellent experience. I certainly think they could improve on it though.
My bet is five will have the best combat, graphics, character movement, boss battles and controls of the series. Yet somehow will lack everything that made the SH games so compelling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: