Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedBatman's out today and it's awesome. Movies and review here: http://bit.ly/PGAk8
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Play Megan Fox on Xbox Live tonight! | King of Fighters XII gets UK date | Ubisoft does 4x4 Wii sequel | EA expects PS3.5 and Xbox 560 before next gen | 250GB Xbox 360 bundle spotted | Beaterator - new movie | Motorstorm PSP dated | Drool over Dirt 2 trailer | New Serious Sam movie | Full Xbox 360 Facebook/Twitter is Gold-only | GTA IV: Gay Tony gets sky diving | New Modern Warfare 2 gameplay clips | This week's Nintendo downloads | MS "investigating" Halo 3: ODST leak | Dirt 2 star plans 100ft Silverstone jump | Sony repositioning PS3 | Turbine sues Atari over D&D; Online | Mini Ninjas - Kunoichi movie | First PSP Chinatown Wars screens | Kingdom Under Fire II movie reveal | MS: "We have no plans for a slim" | "Lots" of Rockstar announcements today | Tropico 3 gets date, demo | Cursed Mountain launch trailer | Supercar Challenge video
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
GTA IV: Gay Tony gets sky diving
View previous topic - View next topic  
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 11:35 am Reply with quote

Excellent! Very Happy
mellowchatter
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 11:44 am Reply with quote

Big wow, its three frames, two of which are cover art. so what! its not news. to little too late
HBgamer
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 12:10 pm Reply with quote

There's no way jumping out a plane over a next-gen Liberty City will ever feel as immense as the first time you fly to 30,000ft on San Andreas and toss CJ out of a fighter jet, hurling towards civilisation and pulling the cord at the last minute.

I agree. Too little too late.

Can't believe I got so excited about Rockstar's scheduled announcements and all we get is PSP screens of Chinatown and these 3 less-than-exciting images!
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
Excellent! Very Happy

Agreed! This looks like it could be a 'pimping' episode Very Happy .
dremorack
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 12:23 pm Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that looks like skydiving as much as a guy being thrown out of a plane with no parachute
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 12:29 pm Reply with quote

dremorack wrote:
I wouldn't say that looks like skydiving as much as a guy being thrown out of a plane with no parachute

It's actually a Helicopter and there is a parachute, there is a yellow tag on the back of it.
Dom222
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 12:56 pm Reply with quote

This is ridiculous. This clearly shows that the developers are not working to their potential for the original game but rather keeping all of the cool tricks up their sleeves in order to ensure that another money grabbing venture can be carried out through DLC.

I think this is a disgrace to gaming that we cannot go to the shops on the day a game is released and know we are getting the best the game has to offer, but rather wait a year and fork out more of our hard earned cash to see the potential of that game.

Shame on you rockstar, I thought you were made of better stuff than this!
Robzy1990
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Dom222 wrote:
This is ridiculous. This clearly shows that the developers are not working to their potential for the original game but rather keeping all of the cool tricks up their sleeves in order to ensure that another money grabbing venture can be carried out through DLC.

I think this is a disgrace to gaming that we cannot go to the shops on the day a game is released and know we are getting the best the game has to offer, but rather wait a year and fork out more of our hard earned cash to see the potential of that game.

Spoken like a true Playstation owner.
I always feel sorry for you guys.

Anyone with a 360 would agree that GTA4: Lost & Damned was MORE than worth �14. It contained as much gameplay as a game on its own.
jamieleng
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Finding the parachute at Mount Chiliad's summit was one of my all time favourite GTA moments.

They should also open up the rides at the fun fair. With the ability to sabotage the rides to cause spectacular accidents. It could be an assassination mission.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 2:48 pm Reply with quote

i have always suspected devs of holding back stuff only to include them in DLC. parachutes (as well as planes) got people up in arms cause they werent included in the main game.

lost and damned looked utter shite. this one looks better (not because of the chutes) the biker gang was dull.

ps owners will get it eventually, its not exclusive forever. we have real games to look forward to, best you have is a DLC pack.

i'll be picking GTA back up when DLC comes out for the ps3. this game will have long legs cause rockstar north are busy making agent on ps3. so GTA5 is a long way off. DLC will freshen up an already amazing game. though any game gets boring after 200 hours put in.
ricflair

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Can somebody please ban the useless troll?
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 4:03 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
i have always suspected devs of holding back stuff only to include them in DLC. parachutes (as well as planes) got people up in arms cause they werent included in the main game.

lost and damned looked utter shite. this one looks better (not because of the chutes) the biker gang was dull.

ps owners will get it eventually, its not exclusive forever. we have real games to look forward to, best you have is a DLC pack.

i'll be picking GTA back up when DLC comes out for the ps3. this game will have long legs cause rockstar north are busy making agent on ps3. so GTA5 is a long way off. DLC will freshen up an already amazing game. though any game gets boring after 200 hours put in.

Jeez, would you stop being such a crybaby over the GTA4 DLC?

Simple fact - it's on the 360 only. I highly doubt PS3 owners will ever see it - but, every other PS3 owner seems to be able to accept this and give 'The Lost & The Damned' the credit it deserves....it was highly praised by everyone, it was highly regarded as excellent value for money and it added extra dimensions to the original game - yet I've only ever seen you call it 'tacked on' or 'dull' (despite the fact that you've never played it).

You're just making yourself appear even more of an immature and sad little fanboy.

Rolling Eyes
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 4:17 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:

And who is this we? The SDF, SVD?
Dom222
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 4:20 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

Anyone with a 360 would agree that GTA4: Lost & Damned was MORE than worth �14. It contained as much gameplay as a game on its own.

I admit that I am a Sony fan however have respect for microsoft and own both consoles but I refuse to buy into these DLC chapters. I am not crying about DLC, I think it is amazing when done correctly, such as new costumes, cars, weapons etc. things that can be bought to enhance your game, but ultimately will not effect the gameplay or story in any way.

What I am trying to say is that Rockstar has offered GTA4, an amazing game, but have held back on their obvious skills so that they can cash in on the slightest thing a year later.

And the fact that Playstation owners could buy the game in the first place but cannot buy the DLC to see every story GTA4 has to offer, makes me think that Rockstar has scammed the playstation owners by making them buy an unfinished game for full price, with no way to experience all chapters.

This is my opinion of the matter and I think it is shameful of rockstar, who revolutionised the games industry with GTA3, to not include features such as skydiving in the original game if it was clearly possible.
duncanskuse
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 11:23 pm Reply with quote

How on earth can you think that downloadable costumes are great, yet expansion packs rivaling most full price games suck?
voad
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 29 Aug 09 1:42 am Reply with quote

Dom222 wrote:
Quote:

I admit that I am a Sony fan however have respect for microsoft and own both consoles but I refuse to buy into these DLC chapters. I am not crying about DLC, I think it is amazing when done correctly, such as new costumes, cars, weapons etc. things that can be bought to enhance your game, but ultimately will not effect the gameplay or story in any way.

What I am trying to say is that Rockstar has offered GTA4, an amazing game, but have held back on their obvious skills so that they can cash in on the slightest thing a year later.

And the fact that Playstation owners could buy the game in the first place but cannot buy the DLC to see every story GTA4 has to offer, makes me think that Rockstar has scammed the playstation owners by making them buy an unfinished game for full price, with no way to experience all chapters.

This is my opinion of the matter and I think it is shameful of rockstar, who revolutionised the games industry with GTA3, to not include features such as skydiving in the original game if it was clearly possible.

Those chapters weren't part of the full game though. They are extra chapters, sure they tie into the game story but they are still add ons. I sort of doubt that you would protest to the addition of the Joker in Arkham Asylum on the PS3 version though.

Really this is some of the best DLC put out on any system in terms of quality and quantity. The things you listed as proper DLC are really just shameless attempts at rpping off the consumer. Additional weapons and costumes? Really? That is worth your hard earned money but an entire new story with new vehicles, characters, weapons, etc. Is some how not worth the money?
Matriculated
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 29 Aug 09 7:54 am Reply with quote

Dom222 wrote:
Quote:

So you're OK with devs charging you for something tiny like a gun or costume, but R* offering a whole 10 hours of new content is them "holding back on the slightest thing"?

Out of all the devs to do DLC this gen, GTA and Burnout are the one's who've got it right.

As for people complaining about skydiving not being included in the original game; it's all about context. Niko's story was far more gritty than the DLC and skydiving simply wouldn't of made sense for him.
brad.storch
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 30 Aug 09 1:06 am Reply with quote

Matriculated wrote:

As for people complaining about skydiving not being included in the original game; it's all about context. Niko's story was far more gritty than the DLC and skydiving simply wouldn't of made sense for him.

I don't think this is a legitimate reason. Loads of stuff in GTA simply doesn't make sense. The fact that in every game, when the character owns condos and penthouses and property, they still are forced into doing jobs for money.

I've been a fan of GTA since it came out on PC and the original philosphy seemed to be to put in so much crazy stuff that it makes little to no sense at all!

If Rockstar has decided that it's going to hold back content because it doesn't fit with the storyline, then they've lost sight of the draw of the original game. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: