Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedBatman's out today and it's awesome. Movies and review here: http://bit.ly/PGAk8
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Play Megan Fox on Xbox Live tonight! | King of Fighters XII gets UK date | Ubisoft does 4x4 Wii sequel | EA expects PS3.5 and Xbox 560 before next gen | 250GB Xbox 360 bundle spotted | Beaterator - new movie | Motorstorm PSP dated | Drool over Dirt 2 trailer | New Serious Sam movie | Full Xbox 360 Facebook/Twitter is Gold-only | GTA IV: Gay Tony gets sky diving | New Modern Warfare 2 gameplay clips | This week's Nintendo downloads | MS "investigating" Halo 3: ODST leak | Dirt 2 star plans 100ft Silverstone jump | Sony repositioning PS3 | Turbine sues Atari over D&D; Online | Mini Ninjas - Kunoichi movie | First PSP Chinatown Wars screens | Kingdom Under Fire II movie reveal | MS: "We have no plans for a slim" | "Lots" of Rockstar announcements today | Tropico 3 gets date, demo | Cursed Mountain launch trailer | Supercar Challenge video
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Massive Mass Effect 'Pinnacle Station' glitch
View previous topic - View next topic  
AJDarkstar
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 11:03 am Reply with quote

What is with these companies? Why can't they all do DLC without such schoolboy errors?
WingForward
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 11:05 am Reply with quote

Guess none of their guys actually tested it before release, I wish this was surprising.
DeFantom
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 11:23 am Reply with quote

Surely the error was simply bringing out this slightly turgid DLC.
Yes, it's a nice easy way to get yourself 150GP, and almost any excuse to play one of the best games of this gen is a good one, but this must rank as some of the weakest DLC (aside from the fabled Horse Armour)available.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 11:51 am Reply with quote

Crikey. Is the 360 the official test-bed of dodgy DLC? Confused
speedmarque
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 12:01 pm Reply with quote

I had no problem with the DLC. I have completed bring down the sky as well.Showed up fine for me.
svensk101
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 12:06 pm Reply with quote

I believe this glitch doesn't affect those people who have downloaded "Bringing Down the Sky;" I have also been playing it without any problems. I think its only if you have got ME with BDTS on disc (like the classics version) that causes the problem. So don't go rushing to delete it folks! Smile
pR!M8
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 12:59 pm Reply with quote

svensk101 wrote:
I believe this glitch doesn't affect those people who have downloaded "Bringing Down the Sky;" I have also been playing it without any problems. I think its only if you have got ME with BDTS on disc (like the classics version) that causes the problem. So don't go rushing to delete it folks! Smile

I can also play it without any problems and i downloaded BDTS.
flameswordsman
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Pinnacle is a little crap, but you do get a pointless little apartment for Shephard once you've completed it.

It should have been multi-player. Thats what I was actually expecting: that it would be a multi-player deathmatch sort of thing.
Dajmin
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 3:34 pm Reply with quote

You can't patch multiplayer onto a title that has no other multiplayer components, that would be stupid and pointless. And every player on your team would be called Commander Shepard, which would be even more dumb.

Still not heard enough about this DLC to figure out whether I want to pick it up or not.
speedmarque
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Dajmin, go for it if you like the combat components of mass effect. Don't expect any story of merit though. I think this DLC has been released to sharpen our combat skills for number 2. If you plan on getting 2, it might just be worth it.
flash501
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 11:02 pm Reply with quote

Dajmin wrote:
You can't patch multiplayer onto a title that has no other multiplayer components, that would be stupid and pointless. And every player on your team would be called Commander Shepard, which would be even more dumb.

Still not heard enough about this DLC to figure out whether I want to pick it up or not.

Same here, but the first impressions don't seem to be very promising.
flameswordsman
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 11:30 am Reply with quote

Meh, Its alrite, but just training simulator missions with no story.

1] Perhaps it would be hard to add MP, but your telling me its impossible in this day and age?!

2] Everyone being called Shephard would not be ideal, but thats why in every MP game your name is your gamer-tag, not the character you are playing. Anyway, if they wanted to they could have added skins, like Turian, Krogan, Salarian etc...

All im saying is, if you had actual other players, playing Capture the flag, survival etc... would be a lot more fun, and deathmatch would have been an absolute blast.
Tom93m
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Hmm... i have bring down the sky and dowloaded pinnicle station and it worked fine for me, i've completed it already so i know it works. Anyone else the same as me, am i lucky? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: