Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedBatman's out today and it's awesome. Movies and review here: http://bit.ly/PGAk8
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Play Megan Fox on Xbox Live tonight! | King of Fighters XII gets UK date | Ubisoft does 4x4 Wii sequel | EA expects PS3.5 and Xbox 560 before next gen | 250GB Xbox 360 bundle spotted | Beaterator - new movie | Motorstorm PSP dated | Drool over Dirt 2 trailer | New Serious Sam movie | Full Xbox 360 Facebook/Twitter is Gold-only | GTA IV: Gay Tony gets sky diving | New Modern Warfare 2 gameplay clips | This week's Nintendo downloads | MS "investigating" Halo 3: ODST leak | Dirt 2 star plans 100ft Silverstone jump | Sony repositioning PS3 | Turbine sues Atari over D&D; Online | Mini Ninjas - Kunoichi movie | First PSP Chinatown Wars screens | Kingdom Under Fire II movie reveal | MS: "We have no plans for a slim" | "Lots" of Rockstar announcements today | Tropico 3 gets date, demo | Cursed Mountain launch trailer | Supercar Challenge video
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
First PSP Chinatown Wars screens
View previous topic - View next topic  
milky_joe
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 9:48 pm Reply with quote

It's not exactly a massive improvement over the DS version...

Slightly better graphics, but no touchscreen support (which the game was originally built for)... doesn't seem an even trade off to me.
ei8hty5ive
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 10:12 pm Reply with quote

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the touch screen element of the game wouldn't affect the overall feel of that game and in some ways a bit 'gimmicky'. I'm sure the psp version will not suffer in any way without the stylus and maybe even make it more free flowing...

The overall look of the PSP version doesn't look hugely improved over the DS version but that is besides the point, Chinatown wars is all about gameplay and not flashy graphics anyway...The lighting effects are very good though.
h3r3tic666
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Looks Sh!t ! same as the fcking DS but shinnier .. the 1st 2 psp outtings looks way better
timewarp1
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 10:21 pm Reply with quote

I guess some people werent around to remember the original GTA's then
KMakawa
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 12:54 am Reply with quote

what timewarp said really, But I do feel they should of stuck to the old 2d style, rather then trying to make it look better, ...as the characters ontop down in those screenshots, look rather ew? dont you agree mate?
SeriousBenny
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 8:18 am Reply with quote

does this one have voice acting in it now for the cut scenes? That was the only thing I thought was lacking from the DS version...past efforts have been characterised by outstanding voice acting
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 8:55 am Reply with quote

I thought there was voice acting in China Town Wars on the DS.

I like the style of it. It's like the missing link between GTa2 and 3.

Not sure why R* think it'll sell on the PSP, most sony fans are graphics whores. and while this is well presented and will be fun. Its not the pretty polygons they want.
AJDarkstar
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 9:43 am Reply with quote

The car models seem to be significantly improved, but the NPCs look no different. The new effects look good too.
GTCzeero
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 10:33 am Reply with quote

Having played (and loved) the DS version, it has improved graphically (though only slightly), but that isn't really enough to persuade me to play it again.
Eclipse Dj
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 11:30 am Reply with quote

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:

Not sure why R* think it'll sell on the PSP, most sony fans are graphics whores. and while this is well presented and will be fun. Its not the pretty polygons they want.

Case in point here mate:

h3r3tic666 wrote:
Looks Sh!t ! same as the fcking DS but shinnier .. the 1st 2 psp outtings looks way better
The Bossman
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 28 Aug 09 5:08 pm Reply with quote

It might be fun, in a novelty-type fashion. Nothing too in-depth or anything, just quick fix gaming. It's what the PSP was made for. The graphics aren't great, but the original GTAs were great to play. I dunno, I probably won't get this. I'd want a fully-3D game really. Leave the top-down 2D stuff to the DS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: