Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedElite £199.99, Arcade £159.99, Pro "phased out" - http://bit.ly/2IcYE6
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
First PSP Chinatown Wars screens | Kingdom Under Fire II movie reveal | MS: "We have no plans for a slim" | "Lots" of Rockstar announcements today | Tropico 3 gets date, demo | Cursed Mountain launch trailer | Supercar Challenge video | New Wet trailer | Today's PSN Update | Serious Sam HD: First Encounter info | C&C4; given a proper name | Mario & Luigi 3 dated | Massive Mass Effect 'Pinnacle Station' glitch | MS explains Arcade price hike | Capcom gets to grips with PS3 | 360 Price Cut: Details | Puma pays up for Forza plug | PS3 price cut to boost Square Enix | GTA Chinatown Wars PSP gets date | Shaun White World Stage movie | Xbox 360 price cut tomorrow? | Heroes Over Europe - two new movies | Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising movie | Ghostbusters PS3 resolution fixed | BioWare doesn't deny PS3 Mass Effect
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
BioWare doesn't deny PS3 Mass Effect
View previous topic - View next topic  
Dentrassi
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 2:39 pm Reply with quote

PS3 only gamers are missing out on a good game but it has its flaws. Hopefully Mass Effect 2 will fix them and then the PS3 gamers can kick some Alien Ass along with everybody else.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 2:45 pm Reply with quote

It can only be a matter of time before it comes to PS3.

Mind you, are there any Mass Effect fans out there who don't own a 360 or PC?

I recall Bioshock not setting the PS3 world alight. I'd imagine Mass Effect falling into the same bracket.
MrPirtniw
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Oooh, contraversial. Still, even with it's faults ME 1 remains the highlight of this generation of consoles for me. ME 2, looks set to wow me all over again! Can't wait- actually started playing the original AGAIN (playthtough number 5)!!
Squall5005
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 2:50 pm Reply with quote

I can't wait for the sequal but If it doe get released on the PS3 too I might just opt for that version. Mainly because I prefer collecting trophies to achievements. Anyone that hasn't played the original should defo think about checking it out. Can pick it up quite easily for under 20 notes. Bargain.
altitude2k
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Mass Ewhatnow?
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 3:01 pm Reply with quote

i'd say that if you really wanted to get MAss effect you'd have it on PC or 360.

Squall you do realise that if they did bring out mass effect on the PS3 the trophies would be the same as the achievements were. except you'd have a tally of how many cups you have instead of a score.

I personally don't see the difference between the two. When did gaming stop having intrinsic value.
xaml
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Of course a PS3 version is in the pipeline! "Xbox 360-exclusive" nowadays means "including PC and PS3 versions"! Liars!
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 3:25 pm Reply with quote

itl happen, just give it time
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 3:30 pm Reply with quote

its no longer owned by MS. so its pretty much a given. Works both ways now. Unless a game is bankrolled by either MS,Sony don't expect it to stay exclusive.

only Console which seems to pull 3rd party exclusives off these days is the wii. For obvious reasons.
xaml
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 4:00 pm Reply with quote

[quote="WHERESMYMONKEY"]Works both ways now.[/quote]
Motorstorm or GT on Xbox 360? Would be great.
jazzy_p
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 4:10 pm Reply with quote

As much as i'd love to play the original again (rrod) they mean Mass Effect 2..not the first one.
CVG need to make that clear
GTCzeero
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 4:32 pm Reply with quote

It would make sense to start with the first game obviously, it's not like Dead Rising where the plot doesn't really matter, the fact that your choices carry over the games is crucial to the series.

Still, they should go for it, Mass Effect deserves to be played by as many people as possible, my favourite RPG this gen (last gen's being KOTOR, of course).
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 4:39 pm Reply with quote

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:
its no longer owned by MS. so its pretty much a given. Works both ways now. Unless a game is bankrolled by either MS,Sony don't expect it to stay exclusive.

only Console which seems to pull 3rd party exclusives off these days is the wii. For obvious reasons.

I think Mass Effect is one of those games that is so good that 360 owners wouldn't begrudge it being on other platforms - everyone should get a chance to play it...it's the same as BioShock and Braid (although, I've not actually played that one myself).

It'd be a shame if they only released the second chapter onwards, it's a great story that needs to be appreciated.

Smile
Dajmin

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 5:21 pm Reply with quote

I'm proud that my copy of ME is pre-EA Smile

But it's not shocking that a multiplatform release is on the card, since EA like to milk everything they can from the companies they own.

Thing is, if PS3 owners get the original and the install means it doesn't suffer from the texture pop-in and frame rate issues it did on 360, are Xbots going to complain they got an inferior version? Smile
lordirongut
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 5:48 pm Reply with quote

If i'm honest I wasn't big on ME1. I'd be willing to at least try ME2, though. If it doesn't get a no-strings-attached (ie, Microsoft exclusive DLC) PS3 release then I might pick up the PC version.
voodoo341
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 6:55 pm Reply with quote

lordirongut wrote:
If i'm honest I wasn't big on ME1. I'd be willing to at least try ME2, though. If it doesn't get a no-strings-attached (ie, Microsoft exclusive DLC) PS3 release then I might pick up the PC version.

Same here, I was really looking forward to ME but thought it was disappointing overall. Great idea let down by some serious technical issues. I'll wait to see if ME2 can change that.
mastiffchild
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 7:38 pm Reply with quote

voodoo341 wrote:
lordirongut wrote:

Same here, I was really looking forward to ME but thought it was disappointing overall. Great idea let down by some serious technical issues. I'll wait to see if ME2 can change that.

Odd. You two sound exactly like I do about Fallout3. I suppose, judging from what you've said, that the key might be just how much we look forward to or expect from these games. As a huge Falloutand F2 fan I expected numver three to be an amazing amalgam of FPS and RPG with the current tech. Sadly, I felt it just didn't deliver and , again, tech issues really hurt it.

ME, however, was different as I went in just expecting a decent game and the elevators apart(and I guess the "cover" system)found it a great game and the best I played on my 360(s). PS3 only gamers may well get 1 and 2 bundles on one disc after DA and ME2 are done. Bioware havereally been laying on the "we find PS3 dev easy" stuff thick lately and with EA always lurking for the cash I'd expect something next year.
lordirongut

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 7:51 pm Reply with quote

@mastiffchild
I felt like that about FO3 as well. You might be right about expectations, too. I remember Assassin's Creed, when it got more hype than god so I bought it and...
We all know how it turned out. Haze is another example that bitterly disappointed many PS3 owners. Four very different games all let down by the similar issues (high expectations & bugs).
Ivan_PSP
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 8:24 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Works both ways now.
Motorstorm or GT on Xbox 360? Would be great.
xaml on 26 Aug '09

Mass Effect is own by Bioware and Bioware is own by Electronic Arts never Microsoft. And Gran Turismo which is made by the talented developer at Polyphony Digital a Sony company and MotorStorm made by evolution studios is also own by Sony. So there's no chance is HELL you will ever see this masterpieces on Xbox 360. Only on PlayStation. Xbox is dying no new IP aka games.
Ivan_PSP
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 8:28 am Reply with quote

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:

It was never own by Microsoft LMFAO.
budge
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 8:48 am Reply with quote

Nice. I've been playing this to death on my nephew's 360 over the last 2 weeks whilst saving money to get my blown up PS3 replaced. What a game. I'd definately buy an xbox just for the 2nd!
budobear
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 8:55 am Reply with quote

Its one of the few 360 games I'd like to try on my PS3 (this and I'm ashamed to say Gears of War is the other but I know thats not gonna happen).
I hope they bring out a special edition with both games on one disk, how could you not get it?
nottsville

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 10:37 am Reply with quote

Ivan_PSP wrote:
no new IP aka games.

Thanks for that, we would have never have worked that out if you hadn't pointed it out to us.
metallicorphan
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Mass Effect 1 was PUBLISHED by Microsoft Game Studios not owned,and will also be the case as to why i don't think number one will be on PS3

i can certainly see mass effect 2 and 3 coming to PS3 because EA have bought Bioware since the first one was released

and Dragon Age is coming to the PS3 in November,so Bioware is a PS3 bound company now
gypscanuck

PostPosted: 27 Aug 09 5:18 pm Reply with quote

It's coming to PS3 ever since Bio Ware has been willing to give Dragon Age to PS3. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: