Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedElite £199.99, Arcade £159.99, Pro "phased out" - http://bit.ly/2IcYE6
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
First PSP Chinatown Wars screens | Kingdom Under Fire II movie reveal | MS: "We have no plans for a slim" | "Lots" of Rockstar announcements today | Tropico 3 gets date, demo | Cursed Mountain launch trailer | Supercar Challenge video | New Wet trailer | Today's PSN Update | Serious Sam HD: First Encounter info | C&C4; given a proper name | Mario & Luigi 3 dated | Massive Mass Effect 'Pinnacle Station' glitch | MS explains Arcade price hike | Capcom gets to grips with PS3 | 360 Price Cut: Details | Puma pays up for Forza plug | PS3 price cut to boost Square Enix | GTA Chinatown Wars PSP gets date | Shaun White World Stage movie | Xbox 360 price cut tomorrow? | Heroes Over Europe - two new movies | Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising movie | Ghostbusters PS3 resolution fixed | BioWare doesn't deny PS3 Mass Effect
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
What's inside PS3 Slim?
View previous topic - View next topic  
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 11:13 am Reply with quote

Cool. looks like they've improved the HDD caddy. The old one was a nightmare, the screws in it felt like they were welded on. Had to phone sony and ask for a replacement before i could upgrade my HDD>
roger4000
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 11:31 am Reply with quote

Totally surprised the psu is still in the unit. I thought that would be the first thing to come out and sit like a brick next to my 360 one.
gogo65uk
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 11:56 am Reply with quote

Being a 32 year old man I cant say I've ever had the urge to open up anything to see whats inside. I just call that being a dick. But what can you do? the world is full of them. Very Happy
sweatyBallacks?
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 12:01 pm Reply with quote

That was a very interesting read.

What caught my eye was they said the fan was 'the largest they'd seen in a device this size' and that it is a type that emits less noise than normal.

Also, the 'startlingly compact' PSU inside the case nearly got me sexually excited. That bady must have some advanced heat dissipation technology.

MS could learn a thing or two about this design, although having said that, we do not know the reliability of the PS3 Slim.
ricflair
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 12:17 pm Reply with quote

I thought I'd go blind from looking directly at the cell due to its sheer awesomeness.

From looking at this you can tell who is the hardware manufacturer out of Sony and MS.
Sleepaphobic
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 12:37 pm Reply with quote

gogo65uk wrote:
Being a 32 year old man I cant say I've ever had the urge to open up anything to see whats inside. I just call that being a dick. But what can you do? the world is full of them. Very Happy
you're not a real man then Laughing
usually i dont bring out the screwdrivers but just smash it on the floor. Twisted Evil
Silentbob293
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Looking at that image it seems there is a Dualshock 3 controller inside the PS3 Slim Laughing
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 12:58 pm Reply with quote

its scary how few parts there are. Its not as simple as say a wii. Which is litterally a DVD drive attatched to a small motherboard.

Impressive stuff.

@gogo65uk. are you sure you're a man. I mean most men like ripping stuff apart and seeing how it ticks. Thats a large part of being well.. a man.
lawless1891
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 1:33 pm Reply with quote

If something is broken i open it up and see...and try....end up with a pile of bits and a satisfying sense that if i can't figure it out it must be knackered ,then throw it in the shed for spares that i will never use but will rummage through in search of that perfect something for a make-do-and mend project.
I feel sadness for my fellow men who don't feel the urge to explore the inner workings of everything i thought it was all part of life that and a need to smoke cigars and drink port & congnac.
JewJitsu
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 2:09 pm Reply with quote

ARGH Shocked what's happened to the message board? I thought it was common knowledge that guys ripped open things to see what they looked like and how they worked? My mates ps3 has died and its run out of warranty so we're gonna open the dirty little slag and see what makes her tick
ruley1979
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 2:11 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Looking at that image it seems there is a Dualshock 3 controller inside the PS3 Slim.

Sony are geniuses I always knew it really. Smile
gogo65uk
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 26 Aug 09 3:39 pm Reply with quote

I think I did enough of that at my parents and friends expenses as a kid. So I kinda grew out of it by the time I reached 20 and had ability to buy expensive toys for myself Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: