Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedBatman: Arkham Asylum is GOOD! http://bit.ly/PGAk8
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
New DSiWare initiative to rival PSP minis? | GC: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories shots | GC: FIFA 10 shots | GC: Katamari Forever screens | Midway becomes Tradewest Games | GC: Monkey Ball Step & Roll shots | Free GH: World Tour game with Guitar Hero 5 pre-orders | GC: Tony Hawk's: Ride - hands-on video | Achievements give away Mass Effect DLC? | GameStop expects further console price cuts | Siege of Spinner Cay trailer | GC: The Dante's Inferno trailer | Zelda: Spirit Tracks dated? | Two racers for 360 Games on Demand | English FFXIII demo would be "completely new" | Modern Warfare 2 cast revealed | This week's Nintendo updates | GC: Tekken 6 punches Gamescom in the face | GC: Mafia II shots, trailer | GC: Borderlands media out | GC: EA "certain" of classic IP revivals | James Cameron's Avatar movie trailer | GC: Beatles: Rock Band DLC revealed | Bethesda reveal "in the next month" | GC: Extensive DLC planned for LBP PSP
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
GC: Modern Warfare Wii - first screens
View previous topic - View next topic  
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 12:12 pm Reply with quote

That's not half bad! Doesn't have the spit and polished shine of it's PC counter-part, but it's a credible 'port of the game for the Wii gauging by these pics.
goomba_lover
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Looks better than I thought, and it looks like a faithful port so far (ie. the shots are of recognizable levels).
Mental
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 12:17 pm Reply with quote

Not bad for a Wii game, I'd choose the PS3/360 version over this any day of the week tho.
kimoak
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Doesn't look bad at all. Looks like they are doing decent job of it. I don't think I'll get it though as I have already played it on the PC. You never know, I may have a dabble with it still... see how is plays with the motion controls. I would like to see it in action. Vids please!
YCshinobi
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me or i'm seeing something different to everyone else here, it looks awful! Confused The Wii can do better than that, I've better looking games on Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox, I know the wii can do better than that.

I'll hold judgement until I see video footage, CVG Wii images isn't the best place to see the true graphics of a Wii game, but first impressions, it looks f***ing fugly.
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Modern Warfare 2
Wii
Metroid: Other M
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Monster Hunter 3
No More Heroes 2
Red Steel 2
gothchild
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 12:44 pm Reply with quote

Looks alright yeh, just have to wait for videos to see it in motion before I give judgement.
JAKEevans
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 12:48 pm Reply with quote

why dont we wait untill we see real images of the gameplay, you know with the hud and your gun showing? Rolling Eyes
RustySpoon80
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 12:52 pm Reply with quote

@YCshinobi:- I agree. It's looks like an early PS2 game. The guns have square barrels. RE4 on Gamecube looked incredible and this should look at least as good.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 1:30 pm Reply with quote

lazy bastards. They should take a leaf out of high voltages book and Make thier own wii engine rather than relying on the same one the used for the PS2 version of WAW.

Its stupid, they spend time developing engines for the 360 and ps3 but don't bother doing the same for the wii. the likes of Mario Galaxy, Metriod prime 3, the conduit and resi 4 have shown that the wii is capable of so much more.
GTCzeero
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Looks alright when the screenshots are small, but enlarged they're a little PSP like.

Still, it was worth a shot, and how it plays will be the key part anyway.
Cybermaster
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Doesn't look bad. Bearing in mind we're also getting better controls, and not much hampered graphics, this could easily be the definitive version.
dannybuoy
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Poor little wii. Can't keep up with the big boys eh... the PSP graphics comparison has never been truer. Hell these are bordering on iphone graphics.
radiocat
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 3:49 pm Reply with quote

World At War is still one of the best games on Wii. One of the few games I've bothered to complete. The multi-player is great fun too, although a few extra maps would've been nice. Great production values.

I'm sure this new game will rock.
treesmurf 11
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 3:54 pm Reply with quote

Not bad, I've seen better graphics on Wii but I'm sure this will look vetter in motion.
Superpaperlink: Sounds like a dirty dirty game.
my backloggery
The_Hun1
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 4:06 pm Reply with quote

now we know what this game would have looked like on a xbox or ps2, it really does leave alot to be had, still its a two year old game for a kids console with not alot really going for it apart from sales to little kids, grannies and fat women.........

i can see this braking sales records on this platform, afterall its a core game title for a hard core console.....
plonkman
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 4:12 pm Reply with quote

ugghh.. looks like a shitty psp game
sonic_uk
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 19 Aug 09 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Of course its not going to look anywhere near as good as the 360 and Ps3 versions, but even though I'm not the worlds biggest Wii fan by any stretch, I have got to admit I'm impressed. It dosn't look too bad for a Wii game at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: