Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
GC: Tekken 6 punches Gamescom in the face | GC: Mafia II shots, trailer | GC: Borderlands media out | GC: EA "certain" of classic IP revivals | James Cameron's Avatar movie trailer | GC: Beatles: Rock Band DLC revealed | Bethesda reveal "in the next month" | GC: Extensive DLC planned for LBP PSP | GC: F1 Wii new movie | Guitar Hero 6 to use motion tech? | GC: PGR dev's Blur dated | GC: DS gets piano peripheral | GC: Yet another Dark Void trailer | GC: Tekken 6 Hori stick | GC: Def Jam Rapstar first look | This week's PSN update | GC: The Lego Rock Band comign to DS | GC: Rage - First in-game screenshots | Dirt 2 demo out now | EA: PS3 price cut "done precisely at the right time" | Jaz Rignall returns with official Warcraft mag | Infinty Ward: "expect no public beta" | GC: Dead To Rights shots | GC: Explosive Just Cause 2 trailer | GC: Photos from the floor
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
GC: PS3 Slim unveiled
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 6:41 pm Reply with quote

haha nice
pp82
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 6:43 pm Reply with quote

About time , bit gutted as I bought a PS3 two months ago. Now Microsoft have got to announce something similar as there is no way they can get away with a price hike
FinalBillybong
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Gosh. I don't know about anyone else but I never in a million years saw this comming! Rolling Eyes
Phantasy Star Universe (AoTI)
XBL Gamertag: FinalBillybong
shadowsblaze
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 6:48 pm Reply with quote

So if we take into account the Euro to pound conversion which alot of companies seem to be doing nowadays, the PS3 slim will be priced around £259 over here. Not the drop in price alot of people were hoping for, but it was what I was expecting.
Parky92
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 6:51 pm Reply with quote

Same here pp82, I just got my PS3 3 months ago and I want a slim one now aaaahhhhh!!
Sleepaphobic

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 6:53 pm Reply with quote

hmm didnt expect tht. thought they would hold out till tgs and release it in october, much closer to the holiday season but hey i guess its better for the guys tht dont have 1 so they can get it sooner.
steve_2003
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 6:53 pm Reply with quote

So does anyone know the RRP for a PS3 in the UK from tomorrow?
lordirongut
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 6:56 pm Reply with quote

1000 fanboys from both sides just commited suicide. To the PS3 fanboys, Sony has 'tainted' their beloved machine, From the Xbox side, they are sh1tting themselves because they know the PS3 will begin to sell better, and they can no longer use price as an argument since it is the same price as the 360 elite.

I don't care either way, although it's good news because people will finally SHUT UP ABOUT IT! lol
shadowsblaze

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:02 pm Reply with quote

lordirongut wrote:
1000 fanboys from both sides just commited suicide. To the PS3 fanboys, Sony has 'tainted' their beloved machine, From the Xbox side, they are sh1tting themselves because they know the PS3 will begin to sell better, and they can no longer use price as an argument since it is the same price as the 360 elite.

I don't care either way, although it's good news because people will finally SHUT UP ABOUT IT! lol

XBox 360 Elite - £229
PS3 Slim - £249 -
Click Here

Hardly the same price.

Last edited by shadowsblaze on 18 Aug 09 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
HBgamer
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:04 pm Reply with quote

shadowsblaze you do realise that the dollar to pound rate at the mo is, correct me if im wrong, around 0.6324. Surely that would then sit the UK cost at around £189 - knowing Sony they'd boost it up abit but I'd say it'll be about £199 - £220.

Sounds tasty for a new buyer.
Obscure_Metaphor

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:04 pm Reply with quote

thats better... it looks like something i'd actually want to own. now if it was just £50 cheaper, it'd be my next big buy.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:07 pm Reply with quote

it was that first "fake" ps3 slim released. looks cheap and nasty compared to the big ones.

cant argue with the better specs though.
Suivaloom
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:07 pm Reply with quote

Now I'm just waiting for GT5 to be announced for this year to kill M$ off

Eh ha he ha what a glorious week this is, a week where M$ raises prices and we find out the xbocks has a 54% failure rate
lordirongut

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:08 pm Reply with quote

@Shadowzblaze

In the US they are now the same price, and in my experience most fanboys are American. Both are $299.
wyabcp1

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:11 pm Reply with quote

what a load of rubbish eh ? all that just for an extra 40gb and £50 quid off ... really ground breaking... not Rolling Eyes

Last edited by wyabcp1 on 18 Aug 09 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowsblaze

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:11 pm Reply with quote

HBgamer wrote:
shadowsblaze you do realise that the dollar to pound rate at the mo is, correct me if im wrong, around 0.6324. Surely that would then sit the UK cost at around £189 - knowing Sony they'd boost it up abit but I'd say it'll be about £199 - £220.

Sounds tasty for a new buyer.

Businesses seem to be using the Euro to Pound ratio rather than the Dollar to Pound ratio. At the moment you get 1.16 Euros for every pound. That would bring the console over here to £257. But it would seem Sony have rounded it down to £249. My guess is that they have more faith in the pound gaining strength over the next few months than what Activision or Microsoft has.
steve_2003
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:12 pm Reply with quote

shadowsblaze wrote:
lordirongut wrote:

XBox 360 Elite - £229
PS3 Slim - £249 -
Click Here

Hardly the same price.

And..tomorrow it's all going to start up again, when Microsoft announce the 120GB Xbox 360 Elite price drop, at their press conference. Smile

Last edited by steve_2003 on 18 Aug 09 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
DaRockwilder1
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:13 pm Reply with quote

PS3 Slim & Fugly.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:13 pm Reply with quote

dont think this can stand on its side Confused

looks horrendous, shame the fats will be phased out in favour of this cheap version.
tmalamute

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:14 pm Reply with quote

But can you still swap the HDD for a decent one? And are they ever going to put back in the much needed backwards compatability - or at least sell PS2 games online for cheap?
wyabcp1

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:15 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:

looks horrendous, shame the fats will be phased out in favour of this cheap version.

they're supplying a seperate stand if you want to put it on it's side...
bennyboi1979

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:17 pm Reply with quote

I LOVE it!!!! the leaked pics made it look cheap and nasty but these high res pics make it look awesome!!! day one sale for me WOOP WOOP
wyabcp1

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:18 pm Reply with quote

they should drop the price of the 80gb fat one to £199 or less... .then it'll be worth a punt..
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:19 pm Reply with quote

wyabcp1 wrote:
svd_grasshopper wrote:

they're supplying a seperate stand if you want to put it on it's side...

thats lame.

think i'll get a ceramic white fat from japan if i can find one.

they ooze quality. this thing reeks of cheapness. keep your price cut!
Parky92

PostPosted: 18 Aug 09 7:19 pm Reply with quote

"the new PS3 will be priced at £249.99 RRP. The current PS3 will also be reduced to £249.99 RRP from August 19, 2009".

Right so the Fat Ones been reduced by an indredible £30 Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: