Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed@gustavo00 Is your PSN account a UK / Euro one?
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Deering: Ten million game sales the new target | Operation Flashpoint vehicles vid | L4D 2: New campaign revealed | Gabe Newell: "sorry" to PS3 owners | Turtles: Smash Up video | Xbox 360 tops nine million in Europe | New PSN racer out next week | Final Fantasy CC Wii DLC is out | Heroes Over Europe screens, Q&A; | Wolfenstein launch trailer | New PS3 is €299, says French retailer | ARMA II Operation Arrowhead revealed | New character shown in Mass Effect 2 screens | Quakecon: New Rage trailer | Lost Planet 2 demo next week | FEAR 2 DLC movie | Karaoke comes to Wii | LittleBigPlanet Scoops Edge Innovation award | Crytek: 'No-one has pushed PS3 to its limit' | Tony Hawk swoops into Gamescom | Sega: "We can take more risks on Wii" | Army Of Two: 40th Day dated | Buy Batman, get Home Batcave | Rockstar's music game dated - movie | MAG Beta invites are out
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Burnout running on Natal - video
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
footieharry
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:11 pm Reply with quote

is that person with the longish hair a boy or a girl or a tranny?

also to put natal on an a game allready out means we might be able to play viva pinyata more fun than ever!
rorykoichi
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:13 pm Reply with quote

What the hell is that nerd with the glasses wearing? he looks like a cross dresser. you would think that if your gonna be doing some video review that you would sharpen up your image a bit, not look like the loneliest guy on the planet.
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:14 pm Reply with quote

footieharry wrote:

also to put natal on an a game allready out means we might be able to play viva pinyata more fun than ever!

Neither! It was a Heshemanwomantypething!

On-topic, I want to see something new, or more Milo at least.
ricflair

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:23 pm Reply with quote

footieharry wrote:

I couldn't work out if the presenter was male or female either.

This is where the software patches on the 360/PS3 really come into their own, if they can retrospectively add the controls to games, then that's great. Means you don't have to wait for a bunch of new natal games to come out to get your money's worth!

If you could patch motion+ controls for older wii games, it would turn the wii into something really special.

The burnout video was pretty useless though, unless they show a decent player and the screen at the same time for a decent amount of time, how can you tell if there's lag or crap player?? I thought it looked like there was a tiny, tiny amount of lag about 1:20 in on the ball game thingy.
JimSteele
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Nice to see that some people are more interested in slagging off the reporter than commenting on the gaming related story.

Yes, she is transgender, she's also a well respected tech journo - I wonder which of those facts is more important? Rolling Eyes

PS: I'm aware of the hypocrisy in pointing it out.

On topic, I think Natal is one of those things that I'll really need to play first hand to fully grasp it. That goes double for the Burnout demo - but from this, it looks pretty spongy. The 3d breakout thing looks pretty fun actually, for about 5 mins...

Last edited by JimSteele on 10 Aug 09 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Conkers
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:26 pm Reply with quote

footieharry wrote:

Pre-op transsexual I believe.
adgr19

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:28 pm Reply with quote

In how many cars do you have to push the steering wheel to go faster and pull back to go slower. it'll feel horribly unatural and will take some realism away
ricflair

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:30 pm Reply with quote

adgr19 wrote:
In how many cars do you have to push the steering wheel to go faster and pull back to go slower. it'll feel horribly unatural and will take some realism away

Didn't the hairy man say you push your foot forward to go faster?
davidc
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:31 pm Reply with quote

i'd rather sit down and use a joypad. Does that make me lazy?
adgr19

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:32 pm Reply with quote

ricflair wrote:
adgr19 wrote:

Didn't the hairy man say you push your foot forward to go faster?

ahh i'm at work and couldn't listen to it. ok how about if you want to drift, do you think it'll recognise brake and acceleration athe same time?
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:40 pm Reply with quote

i have a feeling that natals going to give my wiisteering wheel another use. Thanks nintendo.
wiikii007

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:43 pm Reply with quote

This is just going backwards, though, with driving games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can already buy stearing weels for games!!!!!!! No?!

He was like, 'oh, if you ask a kid how to drive a car with a standurd controller it dosen't make sence...But, with Natal, bla bla bla!' WHEN AS A MATTER OF FACT, IT MAKES NO BLOODY SENCE IF YOU ASK A KID HOW TO DRIVE A CAR BY USING YOUR BODY AND NOTHING BUT THIN AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Sigh'. Sorry it just annoyes me when that guy trys to helplessly promote his product. He was the same guy who made that remark about the Wiis waggle controlls if I remember correctly. What a dick...Even though he was right about that, but, from what i'v seen, natals nothing to brag about, either, its just a piece of tech that isn't really that relevent to gaming as far as i'm concerned.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:45 pm Reply with quote

Never mind whether he/she is a she or a he! Using an invisible steering wheel to drive will make anybody look like a simpleton. Not to mention the fact that it looked like a drunken horse was driving the car as it veered from left to right.

I can't see the point in pretending to smack a ball, either. You need to be able to feel the velocity of the ball for it to work.

All very clever. All very pointless.

I don't think Natal is for me.
wildhook2

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:54 pm Reply with quote

Looks like Burnout and Natal aren't doing very well to me - How the feck to brake etc?
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:55 pm Reply with quote

Who knows what were going to get with Project Natal?

I do know that I wont discount it until ive at least tried it myself or can get an informed take on it from a source I trust (But hey, thats me just being craaaaaaazy!).
ricflair

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 4:00 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
I can't see the point in pretending to smack a ball, either. You need to be able to feel the velocity of the ball for it to work.

All very clever. All very pointless.

I don't think Natal is for me.

That's simply not true. I had worries about that with the wii, but it's not a concern. The sword fighting on WSR doesn't suffer from it, table tennis doesn't suffer from it and you're not hitting anything there. There are countless other examples.

If that's really is how you feel, I don't think any motion controls will work for you. I doubt we will be able to experience 'velocity' from a video game for decades and they'll have to be plugged straight into our brains.
ricflair

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 4:04 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
Who knows what were going to get with Project Natal?

I do know that I wont discount it until ive at least tried it myself or can get an informed take on it from a source I trust (But hey, thats me just being craaaaaaazy!).

Very true. I have my opinions on what videos etc we've been shown so far, but in terms of a finished product, nobody knows.

As long as MS do traditional or core games along side casual stuff,, I don't mind. It won't even matter if MS concentrate 99% of their efforts on natal, because unlike the wii there are more than three third party developers who know how to make a decent game on the 360!
fanboy
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 4:08 pm Reply with quote

I don't know about anyone else but I just don't think this is going to work very well.

It's like Onlive in that it promises so much, but i just can't see it working to the point that it sets my expectations at.

I think it will be great for navigating through menus and things like that, and will probably be a great addition to new Windows based operating systems, but i just get the feeling that its not going to be precise enough for proper games. I also can't see how else it would be used apart from driving games and stuff where you have to belt stuff that flys at you.

I think its perfectly fine to not sit on the fence and make a reasonably educated guess that this will be a disappointment. If it did work, then we would already know because the most recent robotics technology is sort of based around the same idea in terms of voice and facial recognition, and that really doesn't work THAT well.

How would you turn around in any other kind of game?[/i]
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 4:31 pm Reply with quote

this is taking gaming down too much of a geeky/gimpy avenue.

the pad is still amazing for games. why change it?!

some crappy one-device-fits-all wont feel very good for most games, arcade machines are good because each one has a very specific physcial controller. some air motion thing isnt going to cut it. very unnatural, as someone said.
heatuk10
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 4:33 pm Reply with quote

i don't think the sensitivity to the steering wheel looks that great unless she has bad reactions, it just looked like it was hard to control!

Give me a joypad any day!

and if the new xbox has no pads then i won't be buying it!
ricflair

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 4:44 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
the pad is still amazing for games. why change it?

If every tech company had that attitude, things would never move forward.

If anybody here has played WSR, they will know exactly how much potential there is to play with something other than a standard pad. Some of the cycling and stuff is a bit much, but dog fighting, table tennis, sword play, archery, golf...

Will it replace tradtional pads? Maybe not (at least until the tech is pretty much perfect, god knows when that will be), but it's a really good, fun, compliment to standard controls and in a lot of games (FPS, point and click, PES, aspects if zelda, RE4 on wii compared to GC), had actually improved the experience over dual analogues. In my opinion of course.

Not sure exactly how/if the natal will work as well as motion+, but it's a way off as yet.
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 4:44 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
this is taking gaming down too much of a geeky/gimpy avenue.

the pad is still amazing for games. why change it?!

some crappy one-device-fits-all wont feel very good for most games, arcade machines are good because each one has a very specific physcial controller. some air motion thing isnt going to cut it. very unnatural, as someone said.

Nobody's changing that. MS have said that they're targeting the 60 odd % who don't play videogames initially, so anyone on here can ignore it and continue using joypads.
eltonbird

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Still want to see one answer about Natal...

OK, so I'm driving along, pretending to hold a steering wheel, and I get an itch on my nose or head.

How do I scratch it without driving off the road? It's not like it's got a pause button, but on a traditional controller I don't even have to pause if I'm on a straight.

Voice recognition to pause seems the only way! That means games have to have voice recognition on at all times, just so you can pause, which seems a shocking waste of CPU?
wyabcp1
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 7:07 pm Reply with quote

i hope they don't intend on using a gear stick ! Surprised
sonic_uk
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 7:39 pm Reply with quote

Aching arms, unresponsive controls, having to do silly, tiring actions with your body when you could simply push a button on a pad. No thanks. Been using a pad for the best part of 20 years, and see no reason to change. Videogames are meant to be relaxing and fun, both two things I see being absent here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: