Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedPS3 Slim spotted in Batman movie? http://bit.ly/Fc9oW
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Tekken 6 intro movies | MS experimenting with Games On Demand pricing | Super Star Wars coming to VC | Fat Princess patched | New Need for Speed: Shift video | Burnout running on Natal - video | Iwata: 'No price cuts planned' | Does new Batman video show blurred out PS3 Slim? | Six Days In Fallujah dev closed? | Guitar Hero: Van Halen "reveal" trailer | 50 Cent voices Modern Warfare 2 | COD Classic priced? | Five new Sigma 2 co-op shots | Iwata: Nintendo's E3 briefing wasn't good enough | Retailers date LittleBigPlanet PSP | New Warlock of Firetop Mountain screens | THQ acquires Midway San Diego studio | New Dirt 2 DS shots | MX vs ATV Reflex movie | Championship Manager trailer | Games For Windows - Live 3.0 launched | World Of Warcraft censored in China? | Tales of Monkey Island chapter two dated | Wii Sports Resort does 600k across Europe | 82 Forza 3 screens
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
82 Forza 3 screens
View previous topic - View next topic  
flash501
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Damn, this game is looking pretty.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Looks ace and I'm really looking forward to it. There seems to be a good variety of car types, though I am not sure why anyone would want to use a Landrover as a racing car....

I have noticed that the tracks seem to be devoid of life - as in no crowds. Hopefully they will be added in the final game. It doesn't make much difference, other than adding to the atmosphere.

Forza 2 certainly lacked atmosphere, for me personally.
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Really looking forward to FM3, I reckon what with all the delayed Games we've had so far, this Game alone could keep me going for quite some time.

Looks great too Very Happy .
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 3:28 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Looks ace and I'm really looking forward to it. There seems to be a good variety of car types, though I am not sure why anyone would want to use a Landrover as a racing car....

I have noticed that the tracks seem to be devoid of life - as in no crowds. Hopefully they will be added in the final game. It doesn't make much difference, other than adding to the atmosphere.

Forza 2 certainly lacked atmosphere, for me personally.

The biggest improvement that I can see so far is with the tracks and the detail that has been applied - Forza 2 was a little lacking in that respect for me.

I'm not so keen on the SUV racing, but it could be fun - there were plenty of different races in the last one that didn't look too interesting, but ended up being a great challenge.

I can't believe just how good it looks - I think I may have to opt for the CE!

First chance I get, I'm grabbing me a McClaren!

Smile
altitude2k
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Maple Valley....again? Gah.
wiikii007

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Hope theres actully a bit of atmosphear in the game this time.
Jensonjet
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 5:57 pm Reply with quote

Guys, it's Forza... there aren't any crowds and they certainly won't be added to this version. I agree that it's the one thing that isn't good about the game. There's definately a distinct lack of atmosphere for the tracks being empty. I think it's one of the issue people who like racing games but don't care for Forza have with the game. So again, it's going to feel like we've hired out the tracks on a non-race day! It does make you wonder where the logic of race winnings come from when clearly no one in the Forza world ever watches the races! Hopefully one day this will be fixed, but for now we've got more crowdless, quiet, empty racing.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Some of those pics look photo-realistic! I'm amazed at what the programmers have managed to squeeze out of the code this time around. Well done!

As others have mentioned, it does look eerily quiet on the spectator front which is a bit of a downer for me personally. Nonetheless I look forward to buying and playing this game. Very Happy
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 6:52 pm Reply with quote

Jensonjet wrote:
Guys, it's Forza... there aren't any crowds and they certainly won't be added to this version. I agree that it's the one thing that isn't good about the game. There's definately a distinct lack of atmosphere for the tracks being empty. I think it's one of the issue people who like racing games but don't care for Forza have with the game. So again, it's going to feel like we've hired out the tracks on a non-race day! It does make you wonder where the logic of race winnings come from when clearly no one in the Forza world ever watches the races! Hopefully one day this will be fixed, but for now we've got more crowdless, quiet, empty racing.

Am I tripping or can anyone else see people and crowds in the Grandstands and around other parts of the tracks Confused ?

Unless we expect to see people running across the track and down the home stretch Laughing ?
mr_mad_max
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 8:14 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmm...Looks very pretty indeed. My only problen is...None of the screens are from 'in-game', they are all from the photo mode. Like its PS3 counter-part GT5, Forza 3 uses a hyped-up graphics engine in replay/photo mode. would be intresting to see how it looks actually racing in-game and how it compares to GT5 in game.
Tonyb
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Looks fantastic and dare I say it, possibly the finest looking game so far (in motion) on the 360?
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 9:27 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
Jensonjet wrote:

Am I tripping or can anyone else see people and crowds in the Grandstands and around other parts of the tracks Confused ?

Unless we expect to see people running across the track and down the home stretch Laughing ?

Nope! You aren't tripping!

There were crowds in Forza 2 as well, so I don't know what bogus copies Jenson and Mark were playing! Unless they mean crowds around every inch of the track, they're quite wrong. Cool
Jensonjet

PostPosted: 8 Aug 09 2:27 am Reply with quote

Ok, very clever sarcastic remarks. I assumed people reading would understand that the original poster was talking about the stadiums, as was I. My mistake for not making it absolutely clear I was talking about 'crowds in the stands'. I wrongly assumed that as I understood what the original comment was about other people would also. Unless of course I did have a special version of the game and you're telling me the stadiums and stands were full of people!! Great, I wish I could've played that version.
Rob1980
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 8 Aug 09 8:35 am Reply with quote

looking good hope it isnt a let down like gt5 pro
gonz
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 8 Aug 09 10:02 am Reply with quote

some pics have amazing photorealism...
others just look tacky and plastic, i'll need to see this baby roll!
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 8 Aug 09 10:16 am Reply with quote

Jensonjet wrote:
Ok, very clever sarcastic remarks. I assumed people reading would understand that the original poster was talking about the stadiums, as was I. My mistake for not making it absolutely clear I was talking about 'crowds in the stands'. I wrongly assumed that as I understood what the original comment was about other people would also. Unless of course I did have a special version of the game and you're telling me the stadiums and stands were full of people!! Great, I wish I could've played that version.

There were stands in a few of the tracks, usually around the Start/Finish lines. Whilst they never surrounded the whole track, they were in the game and not non-existent like you and Mark said.
flash501

PostPosted: 8 Aug 09 11:39 am Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
Jensonjet wrote:

There were stands in a few of the tracks, usually around the Start/Finish lines. Whilst they never surrounded the whole track, they were in the game and not non-existent like you and Mark said.

I'm not overly bothered about the sparse crowds to be honest. If it means that we get more detail on the cars and the track instead then I'm all for it.
Adam81uk

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 12:14 am Reply with quote

The screenshots look very photogenic, maybe too much so in that they come across as quite shiny and artifical looking aswell and seem to lack atmosphere and interaction with a realistic environment. Its a common trait in all of these types of driving games unfortunately.
splitter
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 7:10 am Reply with quote

Seen pics like this a million times. I'm sure it's going to be a great game...but show us some in-game screenshots because that's what we care about.
wildhook2

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 10:12 am Reply with quote

Those are photomode pictures not in game.

I'm sure in game will look worse.
LordVonPS3
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 11:42 am Reply with quote

Forza 3 is looking quite good and it'll hopefully be the new definitive racing game on the X360. It'll be good for racing against all the XBots.

On the other hand, I do have a few issues with what I've seen so far.

* The rewind mode has to go. The video mode can go too. It seems a shame to me that this is how Turn 10 is choosing to improve the series, when Polyphony are working hard to record & model car data close to perfection.

* The handling still looks suspicious to me. The video showing 360 degree car spins / stunts without losing momentum / slowing down is very wrong!

* The art style needs re-factoring. The look really is bordering on cartoony. I'm also surprised they employed school children to scribble in track skid marks.

GT5 is still the game to focus on, but Forza 3 will hopefully be the best stop gap distraction. Smile
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 11:49 am Reply with quote

wildhook2 wrote:

Well lets have some cake and a big party to celebrate then, eh?
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 12:12 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
wildhook2 wrote:

Just the cake'll do. Preferably Parkin or Carrot cake. And a nice cup of tea.
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 10 Aug 09 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:
wildhook2 wrote:

Just the cake'll do. Preferably Parkin or Carrot cake. And a nice cup of tea.

Sorry Mark but if im offering cake then it would have to be Victoria Sponge, its just the kind of guy I am Wink .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: