Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedCheck back at 6pm for Halo ODST overload!
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Two new Spyborgs movies | Bungie: Natal wouldn't work with Halo controls | Halo Reach to be Bungie's last 360 game | Drum Grip unveiled for DS | Four new Dirt 2 vids | Rabbids Go Home - two new vids | Leaked 360 Avatar Golf footage emerges | Command & Conquer 4 first look | New Rage trailer | New COD multiplayer screens | Borderlands out October 23 - movie | Halo Legends - debut trailer | Microsoft game revenues down three percent | Pre-order Batman, get exclusive map | New Gran Turismo PSP trailer | Double Fine: "Activision will not kill Brutal Legend" | Vote for the Zelda Nike trainers | Battlefield 1943 breaks download records | Castle Crashes headed to PS3 | Guerrilla 'stepping back' from Killzone 2 | New Nintendo downloads | New Splinter Cell footage | PSN Update: Killzone 2, WipEout DLC | SingStar gets Universal tunes | LBP community levels hit 1 million
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
New Call Of Duty map pack incoming
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
blackholes
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 20 Jul 09 5:33 pm Reply with quote

hazaaa hopefully some more achievementies too Very Happy
fanboy
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 20 Jul 09 5:45 pm Reply with quote

I will now wait for Lawless to come in here and tell us that the full RRP for W@W is now £62. lol.

It is a bloody joke though. I got the last map pack just for the Zombies really, but charging £7 for 3 maps every 2 or 3 months is just not on.

I would be willing to pay £12/13 for all the maps that have been released so far, but its over £20 now for 9 maps - surely thats too much?
MattLorrigan
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 20 Jul 09 8:44 pm Reply with quote

Urgh this is getting ridiculous. I bought the first map pack, but I really can't afford to keep churning out for stuff! And more maps means more games I have to leave because they haven't been skipped. I know DLC does offer a choice - you can pay more if you want - but WAW's prices are some of the highest, if not the highest, of any DLC for any game! God, I bought Battlefield 1943 for about the same price as a COD map pack.

Anyway, rant over, everyone enjoy your maps!
stroypa
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 20 Jul 09 9:19 pm Reply with quote

meh. i won't be getting it. sounds like they're trying to squeeze the last few pennies out of it if you ask me.
KK-Headcharge78
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 20 Jul 09 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Thats it bleed it Treyarch, bleed it for all its worth....
Al3xbr0wn
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 20 Jul 09 10:09 pm Reply with quote

I agree. 1 map pack was a good idea. 2 was pushing it a bit but still offered some more refreshment especially in the zombie area. 3 though that's just taking it too far. I wouldn't be surprised to see some big sales slips in this one compared to the others.

Count me out
palancas7
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 20 Jul 09 10:57 pm Reply with quote

lol, map pack 2 came out like 3 days ago on PC.
At least it's free. Razz
horngreen

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 12:20 am Reply with quote

Yawn....
roger4000
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 6:35 am Reply with quote

As with the posts above, this is a joke. I have held off any of the map packs due to I was still playing cod4 as well. Cod 5 maps packs get skipped virtually every time online so it would be pointless anyway as they seem never to be played and voted off. One map pack ok, two no and three is just a complete rip and far too expensive at 7 quid a pop for 3 maps. roll on cod 6.
stonecold77
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 8:14 am Reply with quote

What a bunch of f**king whiners if you don't want it don't get it, simple as that. At least they are showing a commitment to the game trying to keep it fresh unlike COD4 which went stale ages ago.
richardnewns

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 8:45 am Reply with quote

roger4000 wrote:
As with the posts above, this is a joke. I have held off any of the map packs due to I was still playing cod4 as well. Cod 5 maps packs get skipped virtually every time online so it would be pointless anyway as they seem never to be played and voted off. One map pack ok, two no and three is just a complete rip and far too expensive at 7 quid a pop for 3 maps. roll on cod 6.

If you look at the numbers of people playing (on Xbox Live) at any one time, the Zombie map packs are much more popular than the competitive or cooperative campaign maps combined, especial the zombie mpa from map pack 2. So somebody is playing them.
davidc

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 8:57 am Reply with quote

i feel sorry for Treyarch, whatever they do they get criticised. COD5 was very good, it kept with the WW2 ethos of the series but made multiplayer better by using COD4 dynamics.....COD5 online is great...different to COD4 but just as good.....

at least they are supporting their product. The pricing of it is a different matter.
ted1138

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 10:09 am Reply with quote

The maps in these packs just keep getting better and better, shame the moaners here will never play them, maybe if they did they might change their minds. Rolling Eyes
Scarlet_Pimp
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 11:21 am Reply with quote

I agree the new maps have been superb, and the nazi zombie maps are the icing on the cake I’m always on them with my mates.
lawless1891

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 11:22 am Reply with quote

Your right (edit)the 3 map packs have been great value £23.98 for 9 multiplayer maps and 3 zombie maps i think you are right i've been looking at this all wrong it's the original game that's the problem it was under priced ,a single player campaign with 2 co-op modes zombies online and off and a multiplayer online game with 13 different maps plus a free one, no wonder i keep thinking the extra maps don't warrant half the price of the original.
It should have been maybe £68.99 from the off.
(edited for me by my carer Razz )

Last edited by lawless1891 on 21 Jul 09 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
pedroukuk
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 11:47 am Reply with quote

You must all be a bunch of tight fuc*ers, if you don't wanna then fu*k off and yank one off
tequila-man
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 12:41 pm Reply with quote

Im getting this, just like the last one, solely for the zombies.

I think its good treyarch have supported the title to this extend unlike IW with cod4. If you think its too much or their just bleed the game dry then don't buy it, simple as that!
fanboy

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 12:57 pm Reply with quote

Im suprised so many people put this down to 'supporting the product well'.

If i was making millions of pounds for a very small amount of work, then I'd make a lot of DLC too!

Supporting your product well is what Criterion did with Burnout Paradise and what Epic did with UT3.

Some of the new maps in W@W are really good, but they simply aren't worth the money.

I can't believe people lap this up so readily. Paying eight quid for something that you never use is just stupid. The map pack levels nearly always get skipped, and now its got to the point that there is so many map pack levels that it will be difficult for anyone without the map pack to even get a game online.
KK-Headcharge78

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 1:32 pm Reply with quote

I don't agree that WAW online is anywhere near as good COD4 online. The gulf in graphics, playability and longevity is huige not to mention the pathetic proximity for cheating ba****ds to glitch in WAW, yeah you can in COD4 but at least most of the useful glitches actually take some skill to do.

Hence why you often get upwards of 200,000 players a night on COD4. After ranking up and completing WAW it got sold immediately, happy to go back to COD4.

I do agree however that it would have been nice to see more map packs from COD4, the one released was a bit average IMO, Creek is a fookin pain!
KK-Headcharge78

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 1:33 pm Reply with quote

I don't agree that WAW online is anywhere near as good COD4 online. The gulf in graphics, playability and longevity is huige not to mention the pathetic proximity for cheating ba****ds to glitch in WAW, yeah you can in COD4 but at least most of the useful glitches actually take some skill to do.

Hence why you often get upwards of 200,000 players a night on COD4. After ranking up and completing WAW it got sold immediately, happy to go back to COD4.

I do agree however that it would have been nice to see more map packs from COD4, the one released was a bit average IMO, Creek is a fookin pain!
Mackster-901
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 2:13 pm Reply with quote

cod 5 suks evenw ith new maps. more ppl r still playin cod4 so treyarch should jus give up
davidc

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 3:31 pm Reply with quote

...for people who do like cod5, £8 isn't much for extra maps and more modes to keep the game fresh for a few months. If u don't like cod5 then don't buy the maps. Anyway , what does £8 get u these days.??..not much...its £7 to go and see a 2hour film......
CC MULLZY
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Money makin bastards Twisted Evil
ted1138

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 6:33 pm Reply with quote

lawless1891 wrote:
Your right ted (you wind up merchant you Razz ) the 3 map packs have been great value £23.98 for 9 multiplayer maps and 3 zombie maps i think you are right i've been looking at this all wrong it's the original game thats the problem it was under priced ,a single player campaign with 2 co-op modes zombies online and off and a multiplayer online game with 13 different maps plus a free one, no wonder i keep thinking the extra maps don't warrant half the price of the original.
It should have been maybe £68.99 from the off.

I never said they were great value, I just said they were great maps. Try getting a responsible adult to help you with these forums if your having trouble understanding what the adults are talking about. Rolling Eyes
lawless1891

PostPosted: 21 Jul 09 7:30 pm Reply with quote

^^^tumble weed enters stage left....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: