Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedWant to drink beer, visit a Tekken art gallery and see the Euro champ crowned? We've got just the tickets... http://bit.ly/7ijSKv
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
BioShock 2 screens show multiplayer | EA announces Medal of Honor for 2010 | 360 Avatars get... pets | Giveaway: Attend the Euro Tekken fan-fest! | Play Modern Warfare 2 for charity this weekend | Derby council ponders Lara Croft street | Mirror's Edge announced... for iPhone | BBFC refused more films than games | Nintendo 'ramping down' Wii production? | Battlefield: Bad Company 2 system specs out | PSPgo to get UMD drive add-on? | Man 'finishes' World of Warcraft | UK Dante's demo Dec 24 - on BOTH platforms | Modern Warfare 2 man to direct film | EA to cut releases by 20% | Banjo-Kazooie in Sega All-Stars Racing? | Final Fantasy XIII "over 50 hours" long | ModNation Racers trailer shows new features | Left 4 Dead 2 patch released | Mirror's Edge 2 details spotted on CV | Buy DJ Hero decks solo | Serious Sam XBLA release date slips | Cities XL special offer | Lost Planet 2 screens | Super Monkey Ball 2 iPhone released
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
StarCraft II Delayed
View previous topic - View next topic  
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 9:42 am Reply with quote

Dont tell me, it's running scared of MW2 Wink ?
khr0nik
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 9:42 am Reply with quote

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Q1 2010 is gonna be like Q4 of 2008!! Everything is coming out at the same bloody time! f**k!
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 10:17 am Reply with quote

Yep. As per usual. It's hardly rocket science and yet whichever random decision dart throwing boardroom chimps calling the shots seem to get it wrong consistently year in and year out. Fair enough that there are development delays, etc. that crop up and it is certainly the publishers choice when to release, yet since they want our money - which is in finite supply - they might each stand to gain an overall bigger slice of the pie all around if they didn't adopt a "feast or famine" game release approach. Oh well, SSDD.
badgerpog
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 10:38 am Reply with quote

So it's like Steam then, but with Blizzard games. Reinventing the wheel?
WHERESMYMONKEY

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 10:41 am Reply with quote

Oh come on people it was a full gone conclusion even before the whole MW2 fiasco that both Diablo III and Starcraft II wouldn't be out this year.

What do you expect blizzard are probably too busy having money fights to actually work on a game for too long.
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 11:06 am Reply with quote

I predict a large spike in Korean suicides directly after this news breaks.

Wink
WHERESMYMONKEY

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 11:34 am Reply with quote

lol!!!
themadjock
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 12:09 pm Reply with quote

Balls, do we really need all those battle.net features to play starcraft 2 online? Surely those could have been worked on after release. I would be happy playing the single player campagin with the multiplayer locked until next year. Hopefully this means the single player content for all three packs is near completion and there won't be too big a gap between releases
lordirongut
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 1:46 pm Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with the current Battle.net and it's servers. I used to play Warcraft 3 on dial-up and I never had any problems with that, it was just log on and you were almost straight into a game and getting your ass kicked because everyone is better than you. It's like they're changing it for the sake of it, and I bet they alienate a lot of people by doing so.
KMakawa
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 3:56 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
Dont tell me, it's running scared of MW2 Wink ?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Jebus...
So many games delayed to Q1 2010.
Looks like ALOT of developers are going to get screwed over and some good games missed out on due to this...
Sleepaphobic

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 7:11 pm Reply with quote

seriously, is this news? any1 who thought it wasnt going to be delayed is kind of stupid. it is a blizzard game after all.
ronin Ithikus
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 7:22 pm Reply with quote

I can see the player having to pay to use the best features of this service. Only being allowed basic access and stats for nothing. The greed is in their eyes can't you see it. They have already split the game into 3 full releases, this was always next on the list IMHO.
lordirongut

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 7:32 pm Reply with quote

The greed is not in Blizzard's eyes. It's in Activision's eyes, and Activision now run Blizzard. My hatred of Activision knows no bounds.

On thought, this delay was probably Activision's idea, so they didn't have to force people to choose between MW2 and this. It's all about making momey for them.

Bobby Kotick needs to stop existing or drown in a pool of his own Warcraft subscriptions.
Sleepaphobic

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 8:23 pm Reply with quote

lordirongut wrote:
The greed is not in Blizzard's eyes. It's in Activision's eyes, and Activision now run Blizzard. My hatred of Activision knows no bounds.

On thought, this delay was probably Activision's idea, so they didn't have to force people to choose between MW2 and this. It's all about making momey for them.

Bobby Kotick needs to stop existing or drown in a pool of his own Warcraft subscriptions.
it was a merger right? not an acquisition, so no1 owns anybody. thats why its not called activsion anymore but activison blizzard. (god i hope im right on this 1)

and there was never a choice like tht. people who want starcraft will buy it. doesnt matter if theres some shooter coming out on the same day.
lordirongut

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 8:45 pm Reply with quote

True, true. But Activision are the more powerful company of the two that merged, as well as being greedy, bullying basta*ds, so they probably have more of a say in operations than the Blizzard part of them. Either way, I think that talented developers like Blizzard has were better off before the merger.
Sleepaphobic

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 10:47 pm Reply with quote

lordirongut wrote:
True, true. But Activision are the more powerful company of the two that merged, as well as being greedy, bullying basta*ds, so they probably have more of a say in operations than the Blizzard part of them. Either way, I think that talented developers like Blizzard has were better off before the merger.
actually i think one of blizzards conditions was tht activision doesnt screw around with them in any way (im going on memory here so i may b wrong) and tbh blizzard are the more powerful of the two both financially and creatively if you think abt it.

+the point of a merger is tht the 2 companies just become 1 company which combines resources and of course the 2 revenue streams. if 1 has more power then its not really a merger but pretty much a free acquisition unless theres some contract shenanigans which can direct the power or decision making towards specific individuals, sectors etc. watever, thts my take on it

i have 2 agree with the fact tht all this EA bullsh1t they are pulling off doesnt seem to be resonating from the blizzard guys but the newer guys or activision pepl. thats how it looks anyways.

oh and yh guys, dont watch gi joe.....
no really dont
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: