Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsStore
EA to close numerous online servers | Sony: 3D TV not until 2012 | Man buys MMO space station for $330,000 | Vidzone is "biggest" music video app | DJ Hero 2 in the works? | LittleBigPlanet levels of the year | World Of Warcraft China back on? | Star Wars: The Old Republic Imperial Agent screens | EA producer: Cheaper games in 2010? | Dead Space avatar clothes | Battlefield 1943 only 600 MS Points! (NYE) | Amazon's 2009 bestsellers almost all Wii | Two Worlds II gets MoveShots(TM) | Rock Band bags McCartney, Blink-182 | Lost Planet 2 screens | China blames online games for drugs, murder and teen pregnancy | Gears of War added to Games On Demand | Borderlands Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot out now | Dragon Age DLC coming Jan 5 | UK: Games outsell movies | C&C; eyes "new medium" | Mass Effect 2 save game details | EA targets male fitness on Wii | Sony goes multi-core for PS4? | Star Wars: The Old Republic video
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Wii Sports Resort does 500k in US
View previous topic - View next topic  
GTCzeero
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 10:31 am Reply with quote

After playing the swordfighting mode, let Lucasarts make a Star Wars lightsaber combat game using the Wii Motion Plus. You know it makes sense Nintendo, and maybe an X-Wing/ Tie Fighter game using the plane flying game controls... please.
buffig
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 10:37 am Reply with quote

I'm not ashamed to say I'm lovin Wii sports resort. The extra precision of wm+ gives most of the games enough subtlety for hardcore gamers to really get the most out of it, whilst my 10 year old daughter can get just as much fun out of it. This is a very rare thing. It deserves to sell as many as it is.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 10:44 am Reply with quote

i whole heartedly agree. loving sprots resort. especially the sword fighting. Makes me hopeful for the next zelda / fucture starwars games.
Nick33
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 10:46 am Reply with quote

I got this yesterday, haven't tried it yet. Mainly got it because the girlfriend played the first one around her cousins flat and really liked it. So I'll loan the Wii to her to play this.

Now give us Wii PilotWings please. Motion + is perfect for it.
Hobophobik
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 11:52 am Reply with quote

Nick33 wrote:
Now give us Wii PilotWings please. Motion + is perfect for it.

At first I thought the air plane game was pants, but after a few goes I became addicted to finding all the information points. I'm also eagerly awaiting PilotWings Wii!
ricflair
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 12:31 pm Reply with quote

I think it's great and am not surprised at this - think how many people probably still play wii sports more than anything else! Plus they've advertised the hell out of it.

I read the review in edge, some valid criticisms but they said the controller has to be reset alot and that table tennis it would screw up mid rally or something like that. I've played more table tennis than anything else and its never done that and it doent have to be reset, it gives you the option whenever you pause the game! To be honest unless it got <5/10 across the board, this was going to be one game when the reviews meant jack to me.

For all the people who don't want to wave their arms about like they seem to think you have to on every single wii game, beware!! More arm waving in this than wii sports. Canoeing is f**king tiring and cycling isn't a leisurely down hill coast either!
seancuk23
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 3:59 pm Reply with quote

I was hoping it would flop! Twisted Evil

Now there is going to be a sequal! Crying or Very sad
gbenlcfc
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 10:16 pm Reply with quote

seancuk23 wrote:

You've obviously not played it. If you had you'd be very excited about the prospect of a sequel.

It's actually really fantastic. I've been playing it loads recently. Has more depth than Wii Sports as well as Motion Plus making the game itself far better. It's the first Wii game to truly show the Wii's potential.

Pilotwings would be incredible as well as the next Zelda featuring real time sword fighting. The archery is also really cool and would work well in a Zelda game.
gothchild
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 11:55 pm Reply with quote

Good news for an awesome game that's loads of fun, despite not being food for the hardcore.
seancuk23
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 2:15 am Reply with quote

gbenlcfc wrote:
seancuk23 wrote:

You've obviously not played it. If you had you'd be very excited about the prospect of a sequel.

It's actually really fantastic. I've been playing it loads recently. Has more depth than Wii Sports as well as Motion Plus making the game itself far better. It's the first Wii game to truly show the Wii's potential.

Pilotwings would be incredible as well as the next Zelda featuring real time sword fighting. The archery is also really cool and would work well in a Zelda game.

I have played and if it suits you sir then fine. Minigames are just not my cup of tea and so its not in my best interest when a casual game does well! Wink
kingwiiboy101
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 7 Aug 09 7:13 pm Reply with quote

the ignorence oh the ignorence

its in every gamers interecst that a true 3d 1to1 and true real time physics abillity hits gaming

this is as inportent to gaming as mario 64 was to analog stick and 3d moving camera its the first look into the future of gaming

ignorence is bliss i suppose sony fanboys

A REAL BREAKTHRU IN 3D GAMING A MARKER IN ITS HISTORY

I SALUTE YOU NINTENDO YOU LEAD THE WAY YOU BUILD THE PATH THAT SONY AND ITS FANS WILL FOLLOW AND PRETEND SONY DID IT

LIKE IT HAS BEEN SINSE PS1 THE MORONS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: