Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedAnd the "Worst Wii Game EVER" is... http://tinyurl.com/yhd6jdn
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Free Uncharted 2 DLC confirmed for UK | Darksiders video shows War's weapons | Splinter Cell Conviction has co-op, "new mode" | LittleBigPlanet: "Biggest update ever" dated | Call of Duty series tops 55 million sales | BioWare: PS3 "a key platform" | Microsoft: Natal represents a giant leap for TV | ONM: "The worst Wii game ever" | PS3 video store update | Okamiden gameplay trailer | Flight gameplay in new Zelda? | DSi XL makes strong start in Japan | SSFIV: New character gameplay video, screenshots | Puzzle Quest 2: First screen | Confirmed: Final Fantasy XIII isn't a memory hog | Crackdown 2 needs your graffiti | Deus Ex 3: "Only PC announced so far" | Blur trailer looking better | Live's Xtival kicks off tonight | Mass Effect 2 screens, videos | PSP comics store launch detailed | Transformers clothing for Xbox Avatars | Bad Company 2 PC beta "not cancelled" | Zelda: ST will attract mainstream, says Nintendo | This week's PSN update: Zombies
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
CoD4 exploit fix "in the works"
View previous topic - View next topic  
goomba_lover
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Hopefully this will come out sooner rather than later! They flying guys are just staring to get annoying now
KK-Headcharge78
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Cool this may stop much filing of complaints against the cheats, I assume this relates to glitches like the one on Overgrown in the middle of the map? (I can't watch the video)
KK-Headcharge78

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 2:36 pm Reply with quote

oh and....

Last edited by KK-Headcharge78 on 4 Aug 09 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
KK-Headcharge78

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Oh and CVG ask the IW guys if there are any spare maps kicking around that they can stick on Live, even map extensions would be nice, imagine Vacant at 3 times the size Cool
ginsin
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 2:53 pm Reply with quote

I've heard there is a way to get underneath Overgrown - not that I would ever do it myself, and I'm not interested in finding out how.

The only time I've encountered someone cheating was when I kept getting sniped from someone who had got out of the Ambush map. That's only happened to me once out of 300+ hours of gameplay. Though a patch to fix these sort of exploits is always welcome
KMakawa

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 3:22 pm Reply with quote

They are talking about the God disc that is floating around, you need to chip your xbox 360 and then put a tweaked call of duty 4 disc in, which unlocks things like super-jump, super-speed, every gun to hand, even the default gun which is the most powerful, there is no gun just your hands, one shot = kill on any mode, laser-sights, constant-uav's, helicopters, airstrikes, unlimited bullets and grenades, and unlimited rockets.

Basically godmode for call of duty 4, they are in the middle of working on a patch to remove all that, ..Glitching in terms of getting out the map, is not so serious, especially when this disc is floating around.
Jensonjet

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Gamers that glitch and cheat ruin the game for everyone else. While the fault of under tested maps lies absolutely with the developer, they need to work fast to resolve these issues. The map needs to be instantly taken out of online games. They then need to fixed the problem quickly before it reappears online.

Alternatively, we need a quick and easy way of alerting the powers that be of glitchers and cheats and get them banned. As they're so talentless and useless at the game they're hardly going to be missed by the community, so everyone's a winner! At the moment both Mircrosft and developers with under-tested glitchable maps are telling us they don't care! We know you're only in the business to make tons of money, which is why we equally don't care when your software gets pirated on the PC!
Al3xbr0wn
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 6:48 pm Reply with quote

It's not about simple glitches, or chipped discs. It's the fact that theres a new glitch out where you just download a save file and copy it onto your ps3 and then you can turn on an option to fly around the map unerground and into any object, taking it off again, and basically killing anybody that runs past.
KMakawa

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Al3xbr0wn wrote:
It's not about simple glitches, or chipped discs. It's the fact that theres a new glitch out where you just download a save file and copy it onto your ps3 and then you can turn on an option to fly around the map unerground and into any object, taking it off again, and basically killing anybody that runs past.

If you did your research and knew what you was talking about, the chipped discs are the xbox 360 version of the godmode, which also give the same thing that the saved data on the ps3 does for call of duty 4.

They are the same thing, just different ways to execute.
lobo666gaara
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 8:06 pm Reply with quote

As a hardcore COD4 player who has never cheated once or exploited any features in the game and still manages a 2.40 KDR over 50,000 kills i think its a fckin disgrace people are cheating. Since the days of COD1, CS 1.6 and Half life DM hackers/cheaters have ruined every game at some point, their a virus abit like born again christans lol oj.

Seriously tho it needs to be fixed and who the hell gets enjoyment out of cheating??
Jensonjet

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 9:42 pm Reply with quote

lobo666gaara wrote:
who the hell gets enjoyment out of cheating??

1. Talentless players who cannot compete in a fair fight

2. People desperate for a rating but don't have any recogniseable skill

3. Players who's reactions are so slow their best efforts get them no where

4. Kids who don't have the brainpower to concentrate longer than the time it takes to make use of the glitch

5. Desperately sad gamers who would rather spend hours alone or p*ssing about with friends looking for glitches rather than playing properly

6. People who enjoy annoying, upsetting, disrupting other gamers fun (they were probably the kids you saw being picked on at school!)

7. Gamers who geniunely have no interest in, or love for the game in question

There are probably other personality types, namely 'utter c***s' 'w***ers' and 'absolute f***ers', etc. Generally the kind of people who struggle to make friends, are probably dishonest and dishonourable in real life, or total losers!

Any cheaters care to publish your Xbox Live names so we know when to leave a game you're in?
I_Killed_Kenny
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 10:49 pm Reply with quote

this couldnt have come soon enough.

Today I was in a 6v6 SnD match where I was LITERALLY the only person not floating around.

>Sad
akash
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 11:40 pm Reply with quote

As COD MW2 is coming out soon, so i thought i'll get some practice in but with all these d*ckheads flying about i feel like shooting them in real life. I don't mind it on team deathmatch but on HQ,Team Tactical ect... it f**ks the whole game up
I hope the guy who invented it lives in the US or Arabia so he gets the death penalty
angelus1karl

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 9:50 am Reply with quote

A glitch isnt about hacking or altering anything, it is simply exploiting a "glitch" (problem within the code for the map) there for is available for everyone to exploit... annoying as it is. The problem is when people are actually using software to hack the actual game code and allow them to alter the characteristics within the game, giving them access into and onto impossible places in the map. This is the real problem not the technical glitches that were left accidentally in the game by the programmers. Most games have glitches at times of release that go un noticed by many, this is not the programmers fault or the publisher, yes they created the game and tested it but there are people that make mistakes in their own fields everyday. CoD 4 is a great game we all know it, the cheaters are not those ones using the glitches, please dont call it glitching Sad
KK-Headcharge78

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 12:54 pm Reply with quote

He is right the use of software to fly around the maps with other ridiculous abilities is cheating which is not exactly the same as glitching. Glitching, although none the less annoying, is when a player finds a 'hole' in the landscape or an anomoly in the game mechanic that they can exploit to the detriment of other players.

COD4 was not too bad for this generally because many of the seriously advantageous glitches took quite a large amount of effort to pull off, effort which could easily be thwarted by people like me who once I know someone is trying to glitch will stop at nothing until they are dead. If these people want to waste games doing that then fine. Some glitches are more serious though, the Overgrown example of getting under the map is arguably the worst as it is very difficult to kill whoever gets under there (more common in COD5 where there were far more instances of getting under maps)

As for cheaters using discs and stuff, for me it is simple, permanent lifetime bans for anyone found using one, Microsoft and Sony could add gravitas to this by jointly banning anyone across both mediums.
The Bossman
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 3:41 pm Reply with quote

I've stopped playing COD4 online until this is fixed, and most of my PSN people will know I play that game a lot. I just want this patch out asap. I made a account so I just use pistols, but I didn't bother after that, after about 3 out of 6 people were flying across the map, on average.

And, as for the Overgrown glitch, I've used that numerous times, but it's not a great place. It takes too long to get in there, and it's too easy to get killed there as well. Go to the hill above where they are, behind the metal fence and shoot at the ground, and you'll kill them. Also, throw a grenade right to the edge of the area he's in, and he should die from it.

When people work out you're in there, they simply skirt around you, so don't bother with it. I only do it because other twats killed me while they were in there. I just try to stop people glitching into it in the first place.
Jensonjet

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 7:19 pm Reply with quote

The Bossman wrote:
I've stopped playing COD4 online until this is fixed... I just want this patch out asap.. as for the Overgrown glitch, I've used that numerous times... When people work out you're in there, they simply skirt around you, so don't bother with it. I only do it because other twats killed me while they were in there.

I'm sorry, you are cheat, or a talentless glitcher or whatever else anyone cares to call you. You glitch because you got killed by someone doing that to you - if everyone had your pathetic attitude we'd all cheat! And the fact you admit it's not worth doing now because everyone knows how to kill those glitchers suggests you'd do it much more if you were invulnerable. I assume Bossman isn't your Xbox Live name, but you deserve to be banned, along with your talentless cheating friends. You are online scum!
The Bossman
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 3:31 pm Reply with quote

I'm not a cheat, but all's fair in love and war. I tried it a few times, big deal, so what? So sue me, dickhead. It's not as if I can get banned for doing a glitch. If I was hacking, then I would definitely be banned permanently. If the developers had people working to discover glitches and then remove them from the game, it wouldn't have happened, so it's not my fault I did it. They should have gone through every single blade of grass and jumped into every single wall, but they're too busy putting as many games out as possible for maximum profit to care. And no, that isn't my Live name, because the 360 is a useless piece of s**t.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: