Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed@RareLtd We must have the same supplier: http://bit.ly/tgAdx
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
ID theft moves to console, PC games | Sports stars praise Wii Sports Resort | Behind the Sims: Pixie Lott video | Wolfenstein: TWO new trailers | ArmA 2 launches with mini-site | New Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires movie | 46 Brütal Legend screenshots | Hardware sales slow in Japan | Metal Gear Solid on US PSN | 13-minutes of God of War III | Activision boss: "We might have to stop supporting Sony" | New StarCraft II footage | New F1 2009 shots whiz in | Splinter Cell won't come to PS3, says Ubi | BioWare eyes up Wii | New Nintendo downloads | Natal equipped Xbox 360 confirmed | Xbox Originals now 'Games On Demand' | Madballs XBLA - first screens | EA 'focusing on online business' | ODST leads consumer interest after E3 | Stare at Modern Wafare 2 again | Empire: Total War update incoming | Cliff B 'not burned out on Gears' | StarCraft II "aiming" for 2009
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Hardware sales slow in Japan
View previous topic - View next topic  
AJB123644
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 19 Jun 09 2:47 pm Reply with quote

Look at those figures I think it is pretty amazing as to how many hand held gaming devices are being sold. It just goes to show how much people like gaming on the move!
Together we are strong and United we will stand. As PC Gamers come together United we shall be Victorious!
collyboy187
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 19 Jun 09 3:05 pm Reply with quote

so what rpg has boosted 360s jap sales then?
wildhook2
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 19 Jun 09 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Wish PSP was as popular over here.
wildhook2
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 19 Jun 09 3:45 pm Reply with quote

Wish PSP was as popular over here.
DrRickDagless MD
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 19 Jun 09 4:06 pm Reply with quote

I always think that the handheld sales are because people have lost them on the train or down the back of a sofa and have to replace them.

Bet there's loads of DS's in the lost and found at Tokyo Central Station.
ps3rubbish
Kudos: 7

PostPosted: 19 Jun 09 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Cool THE PS3 STINKS SO BAD ITS DRAGGING DOWN THE WHOLE CONSOLE SELLING INDUSTRY HAHA WOT A PILE OR STINK WEEE
purple101
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 20 Jun 09 11:50 am Reply with quote

the wii is a pile of stink, i dont know what consoles the geeza' above owns, but is obviously not a ps3, or he would be more than happy with its tremendous clout that no other console can manage, ps3 eye, blu-tooth headset any compatible, usb gadget, any compatible, usb cables, printers, usb harddrives. i could go on but i dont think i need to as the geeza' is probably curently running to the shops to get his big black box of tech.
wii stinks so hard its taking down the whole industry, ps3 and blu-ray is propping it up, if ps3 fails, which it wont, on demand on live games wil rule, it will be the end of consoles, and i will kill miself, and the geeza' above if he hasnt alredy got one under his telly. and that had beter be a bravia telly, m8....or im cumming for u
Akumas_Muse
Kudos: 7

PostPosted: 20 Jun 09 8:33 pm Reply with quote

The sales figures probably aren't that great a surprise when you look at each system's current releases in the Far East. The DS has a great selection of titles like 'Kindom Hearts 358/2 Days' and 'Dragon's Quest IX', while the PS3 gamers are, 'White Knight Chronicles' and a couple of other RPG's aside, playing pretty much the same drivel that we are. The 360 is starting to become this generation's machine of choice for the discerning shmup fan, which probably explains a little of it's recent increase in popularity with Jap gamers. The PSP like it's handheld sibling also has a smart looking collection, even more impressive if you like RPG's.

Despite the tech-orientated superflous piffle that the current generation of machine's marketing strategy is built upon, it's always games that sell games systems.
Biggwedge
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 20 Jun 09 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Well the Wii is back on top then, so where is the talk of doom now?

Japan is a small island nation, hence there is only a limited amount of customers so you can't expect record breaking number all the time.
collyboy187
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 21 Jun 09 2:08 pm Reply with quote

ps3rubbish wrote:
Cool THE PS3 STINKS SO BAD ITS DRAGGING DOWN THE WHOLE CONSOLE SELLING INDUSTRY HAHA WOT A PILE OR STINK WEEE

welcome back wiiboy. who else can mangle the english language with such comedic effect!!
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 21 Jun 09 6:35 pm Reply with quote

Biggwedge wrote:
Well the Wii is back on top then, so where is the talk of doom now?

Japan is a small island nation, hence there is only a limited amount of customers so you can't expect record breaking number all the time.

That "small island nation" has an estimated population of 127,078,679 (source: Click Here). In comparison the UK has an estimated population of 61,113,205 (source: Click Here). Judging a country's market size by geography only can be misleading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: