Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedNatal will follow "usual price curve" says MS. Sounds expensive http://bit.ly/t45XJ
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Gearbox: Borderlands "less boring" than Fallout | Amazon begin selling PSN codes | South Park XBLA movies | Activision "didn't want Modern Warfare" | Shenmue returns... In Sega All-Stars Racing | Metal Slug PSP goes mental | Ratchet Collector's Edition detailed | Will Modern Warfare 2 see a Wii release? | The Getaway, Eight Days "aren't dead yet" | EA: FIFA 10 "biggest sports game launch" | Natal will follow "usual price curve" | Alpha Protocol delay official... or is it? | Starbreeze's "Bourne Ascendancy" named | 37% of Wii games not reviewed | Xbox Live Facebook, Twitter beta this month | Forza gets free launch DLC | Obscure: The Aftermath - launch trailer | BattleForge levels up to DirectX 11 | Empire: Total War Warpath out now | Assassin's II video: Weapons, Da Vinci | Tekken 250GB PS3 bundle not for UK | Op Flashpoint - launch trailer and review | Unofficial PSPgo price cuts | FIFA Interactive World Cup kicks off | The DS game that's twice the size of a UMD
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Gran Turismo PSP gets the Lambo
View previous topic - View next topic  
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 11:28 am Reply with quote

Glad to see that the downloadable version will be cheaper.
I had to use a brush on the end of a very long stick because it was quite a high fox.
lordirongut
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 11:29 am Reply with quote

Are they all available to DL seperately as well? The only one I care about is the GT-R.
flash501
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 11:38 am Reply with quote

So does that mean the Veyron will be in GT5 as well?.
budge
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 11:45 am Reply with quote

flash501 wrote:
So does that mean the Veyron will be in GT5 as well?.

I hope so and the Lamborghini, it has to be! Confused
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 11:52 am Reply with quote

I'd like to see both the Lambo and Porsche on GT5, if I'm being honest. The RUF's used to sit in for the Porsches originaly, but nothing beats the real thing.

I wonder if the rally mode will make it to the PSP version?
I had to use a brush on the end of a very long stick because it was quite a high fox.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 11:59 am Reply with quote

i loathe the veyron. it cant corner better than cars a fraction of its price, and its advantages only come 200mph+ which you wouldnt be doing anyway.

its useless as a track car and its only purpose it to tell the world how much cash you have. (and how uninspired you are)
flash501

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 12:08 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
i loathe the veyron. it cant corner better than cars one tenth its price, and its advantages only come 200mph+ which you wouldnt be doing anyway.

its useless as a track car and its only purpose it to tell the world how much cash you have. (and how uninspired you are)

True but it would put even the F1 cars to shame on the likes of the high speed ring or the oval track, you wouldn't be using it on every track but it'd still be well worth including.
lordirongut
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 12:08 pm Reply with quote

The Veyron wasn't designed as a track car, though, was it? It was a technical excersise to see if they could break 1000BHP, which they did. It's still an impressive achievement that it can break 200mph when you consider that it has leather seats, sat nav and lots of other luxuries that almost no other cars of that speed have. They don't even profit on it, despite the �800,000 price tag. Each one costs about �5,000,000 to manufacture.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 12:30 pm Reply with quote

ford GT and quite a few ferraris, lambos etc do over 200mph. im sure you can get sat nav, leather seats in them. but who cares about that s**t like that.

all that horsepower is useless if you cant get it down. plus at 2 tons, your better lightening the car significantly and you wouldnt need that power and get a more efficient horsepower per ton ratio.

it is a showcase. but a bit of a pointless one really.
lmaolmao
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 4:03 pm Reply with quote

there was a lamborghini in GT3 if you imported the japanese one!

Click Here
Deadhead

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 8:02 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
ford GT and quite a few ferraris, lambos etc do over 200mph. im sure you can get sat nav, leather seats in them. but who cares about that s**t like that.

They can't hit the 250mph+ point however, which was part of the point of the Veyron

svd_grasshopper wrote:

all that horsepower is useless if you cant get it down. plus at 2 tons, your better lightening the car significantly and you wouldnt need that power and get a more efficient horsepower per ton ratio.

You can't lighten the car significantly, take a look at the technical detail of the car and you would see that cooling is a major part of the weight. Besides the luxury is part of the cars package.

The Veyron also has little issue getting the power down either.

svd_grasshopper wrote:

it is a showcase. but a bit of a pointless one really.

That's your opinion, personally I would rather have an F1, but I still love the fact that the car got built.

In an age when manufacturers shy away from power and performance I love the fact that people have the balls to build a car like this.

Excess is the entire point of it.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 11:07 am Reply with quote

its for celebrities. not car nuts.

didnt say lighten the veyron, i said lighten a car more and you dont need 1000bhp.

2 tons f**k sake.

my car weighs 1500kg.
Deadhead

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 11:46 am Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
its for celebrities. not car nuts.

I know of plenty of car nuts (who's opinion I would rate over yours) who would disagree with you on that in a big way.

Most of the staff at Evo for starters.

svd_grasshopper wrote:

didnt say lighten the veyron, i said lighten a car more and you dont need 1000bhp.

Actually you did.....

Quote:
plus at 2 tons, your better lightening the car significantly and you wouldnt need that power and get a more efficient horsepower per ton ratio.

.....or are you talking about another 2 tonne, 1000bhp car?

I am more than aware of the effect lightening a car has on PtW ratios (and PMI and transient handling characteristics, etc), quite possiably more than you do on the subject.

svd_grasshopper wrote:

2 tons f**k sake.

my car weighs 1500kg.

And a Caterham weighs in at well under a tonne, one has nothing to do with the other.

The Veyron is a car designed with a very set purpose in mind, that doesn't make it the 'best' car in the world, but neither does it make it a car just for celebrities.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 12:24 pm Reply with quote

its a show off car. thats the reason it was made, and thats the type of people who buy it.

its truely an unimaginative purchase. certainly isnt a drivers car. its as easy to handle as a vw golf i hear - and the power available will make up for any shortcomings of the drivers skill.

imagine driving that thing round a B road. most cars would whip it.
Deadhead

PostPosted: 6 Aug 09 2:10 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
its a show off car. thats the reason it was made, and thats the type of people who buy it.

Yes its a halo model for the VAG group, that's not exactly news, nor is it something new.

The Ford GT, Ferrari F40, F50, Enzo, FXX; the Carrera GT, MC/MB SLR/SLR 722 were all built for the same reason.

They have also been bought by people who could be described as 'celebs with little interest in cars'.

You make a comment about the Veyron that can be applied to ANY halo product from any manufacturer.

svd_grasshopper wrote:

its truely an unimaginative purchase. certainly isnt a drivers car. its as easy to handle as a vw golf i hear - and the power available will make up for any shortcomings of the drivers skill.

In your opinion its an unimaginative purchase, however I disagree and keep in mind that the people who are able to buy one, will most certainly not have it as a single car.

Its also only ever been described as easy to drive at lower speeds (again a comment that can be made about many cars) and certainly its ability as a car to be driven hard has never once been questioned.

Yes reviews do mention that it does suffer from a lack of steering feel, however I can assure you from personal experience that the exact same thing can be said of high spec Audi's (its a trait of the family of cars it comes from). With the RS4 being almost totaly devoid of steering feel.

And power never makes up for a lack of driver skill, I've taught enough people on track to know that.

svd_grasshopper wrote:

imagine driving that thing round a B road. most cars would whip it.

Exactly the same can be said for every one of the cars I mentioned above, and more so for some of them (Jag XJ-220 for example).

It is however rather interesting to not that to do exactly what you mentioned (and it never whipped the Veyron, rather kept pace with it) took a GT-R (source - this months Evo).

Take any car out of the environment it was specifically desinged for and it will suffer. Tell you what I will race you any day of the week in my Land Rover, thing is the route is across the Ridgeway. I know I will win because I've biased my 'route' to one I know your car is not capable of handling.

You don't like the Veyron, I get that, I'm not the biggest fan of it in the world. However I am still glad its made and I don't let personal bias get in the way of what the car has achieved and the poke in the eye it gives the anti-car lobby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: