Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed200 extra beta keys for Champions Online here: http://bit.ly/100Osx
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
New Bleach shots | Champions Online pricing revealed | Champ Man 2010 dated | High Voltage "interested" in Conduit 2 | MS explains full 360 summer update | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare confirmed for Wii | Wii makes most money for EA | Box art special: Lampard and Walcott join Rooney | Halo 3: ODST gameplay footage | Crytek threatens to leave Germany | New Champions Online video | New Serious Sam HD shots | Gran Turismo PSP gets the Lambo | Aliens Vs Predator out February | Modern Warfare 1 for Wii? | Sony pulls new Wipeout HD in-game ad | Monster-mashing Spectrobes: Origins trailer | New Raven Squad trailer | New Left 4 Dead 1 DLC coming | Kingdom Hearts 358/2 due Oct. | TMNT: Turtles in Time launch trailer | PS3 Slim/price drop rumour round-up | Wacky World Of Sports - new shots | Call of Duty gets free iPhone app | More Monkey Ball Step & Roll shots
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
GT5 "source" comments are "rumour and specula
View previous topic - View next topic  
davidc
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 3:06 pm Reply with quote

...just how much longer can gt5 be in development..??..if its not the greatest racer ever, they should all be shot.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 3:27 pm Reply with quote

It's bound to happen.

PS3 Slim GT5 bundle for £249.99, this Christmas. That's my bet.

Sony are rubbish at keeping secrets. As are MS too, in fact! No favouritism here, folks! Laughing

Unfortunately Nintendo don't seem to have any secrets worth keeping! Ho ho!
VOR
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 3:30 pm Reply with quote

Game has a pre-order for something like 21-09-09
VOR
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 3:32 pm Reply with quote

Game has a pre-order for something like 21-09-09
Tonyb
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Nah, there's no way this'll be out in 2009 after PD recently saw Forza 3 in all its glory..."s**t guys it's back to the drawing board!!" Laughing
Jensonjet

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Clearly Gran Tourismo is one of the biggest games for the Playstation, and anyone who's slightly interested in it seems likely to purchase the game. While I understand the developers want to put a thousand cars and tracks into the game why don't they just add currently unfinished/unmade cars and tracks into the game as downloads? Surely in this economic climate it would do Sony no end of good for this game to be out there right now? It makes no difference to me as I don't have a PS3, but this delay is beyond ridiculous now. From my understanding, GT games are so big that even if new tracks and cars weren't available for another few months it would barely affect any gamers! At this rate I assume a new Gran Tourismo will only ever be availble for each new generation console! I fail to see how that's good business.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Tonyb wrote:
Nah, there's no way this'll be out in 2009 after PD recently saw Forza 3 in all its glory..."s**t guys it's back to the drawing board!!" Laughing

Or, they read the quotes from Turn 10 and thought, okay, we'll see who has the best racing game.

Game on, I say! It's a win-win situation.

2 awesome racers to play within a couple of months of each other.
HITMANBAZZA
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 4:33 pm Reply with quote

Forza 1 2 or 3 (whatever) is utter shite
GT5 Will kick its bottom end!!!
TeamVance
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 4:39 pm Reply with quote

Is Gran Turismo 5 prologue worth getting. Is there much content. I have been trying to hang on for GT5 but cant wait much longer.
wildhook2
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 6:46 pm Reply with quote

TeamVance wrote:
Is Gran Turismo 5 prologue worth getting. Is there much content. I have been trying to hang on for GT5 but cant wait much longer.

Prologue is very cheap to buy now. Why not.
voodoo341
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 7:24 pm Reply with quote

HITMANBAZZA wrote:
Forza 1 2 or 3 (whatever) is utter shite
GT5 Will kick its bottom end!!!

ModNation Racer will kick both their bottoms.
roland82
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 7:50 pm Reply with quote

Im confused.

If GT5 was coming this year wouldnt Sony be shouting the fact from the roof tops? The news would surely help console sales straight away.

Unless Sony are waiting drop a megaton announcement at an up coming game show [Tokyo maybe???] then I dont think were getting GT 5 this year.
eddiehitler
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 8:55 pm Reply with quote

They were taking notes on the forza stand at e3 so i'm guessing its a while off if they want to incorporate any of its features such as the customisation or damage and grid style rewinding.
jamacanbacon
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 9:26 pm Reply with quote

why would you release a game after chritmas anyway surely they would bundle it with a ps3 for xmas
Tobal

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 9:39 pm Reply with quote

you can pre-order this at amazon for £17.59 on ps3

Click Here

hurry hurry hurry, amazon honour their pre order prices as well Smile
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Tobal wrote:
you can pre-order this at amazon for £17.59 on ps3

Click Here

hurry hurry hurry, amazon honour their pre order prices as well Smile

Shocked Bargain!
360_Fan
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 6:35 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
It's bound to happen.

Sony are rubbish at keeping secrets. As are MS too, in fact! No favouritism here, folks! Laughing

Not having a go mate, but has there ever been a confirmation that the slim model is going to be out by Christmas. I thought I had been paying attention, but I don't remember sony ever saying there was a slim model in the works.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 8:59 am Reply with quote

360_Fan wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:
It's bound to happen.

Not having a go mate, but has there ever been a confirmation that the slim model is going to be out by Christmas. I thought I had been paying attention, but I don't remember sony ever saying there was a slim model in the works.

It's pure speculation, matey. Nobody is 100% sure of anything. It's fun to have a punt though.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 9:06 am Reply with quote

eddiehitler wrote:
They were taking notes on the forza stand at e3 so i'm guessing its a while off if they want to incorporate any of its features such as the customisation or damage and grid style rewinding.

I wouldn't read too much into PD taking notes - it's just a sign of respect, which is something Turn 10 could benefit from.

They could have been taking notes of features that differentiated GT5 from Forza 3, for the sake of marketing, etc. Foe example, Forza 3 doesn't have dynamic weather, official WRC and Nascar licenses or 16 cars on track at the same time.

GT5 seems to be progressing the series, whilst sticking to its hardcore roots and Forza 3 seems to be catering more for the casual market.

That's my take on the matter.
J1GSAW

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 10:21 am Reply with quote

eddiehitler wrote:

ew! forza and grid can keep its rewind time feature. a cop out fantasy technique for racing simulation lites. not a feature i want in a real driving simulator
budge
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 10:32 am Reply with quote

I recently played Forza 2 and i honestly thought that it wasn't anything special but to be fair, i was playing it through the controller. I play Gran Turismo with a Driving Force Pro wheel which is a must for these driving simulator games.

Whenever GT5 comes out i'm sure (and hope) it'll be worth the wait. Let's see.... Wink
Suivatam109PS3

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 1:33 pm Reply with quote

davidc wrote:
...just how much longer can gt5 be in development..??..if its not the greatest racer ever, they should all be shot.

I'll get my gun...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: