Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed200 extra beta keys for Champions Online here: http://bit.ly/100Osx
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
New Bleach shots | Champions Online pricing revealed | Champ Man 2010 dated | High Voltage "interested" in Conduit 2 | MS explains full 360 summer update | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare confirmed for Wii | Wii makes most money for EA | Box art special: Lampard and Walcott join Rooney | Halo 3: ODST gameplay footage | Crytek threatens to leave Germany | New Champions Online video | New Serious Sam HD shots | Gran Turismo PSP gets the Lambo | Aliens Vs Predator out February | Modern Warfare 1 for Wii? | Sony pulls new Wipeout HD in-game ad | Monster-mashing Spectrobes: Origins trailer | New Raven Squad trailer | New Left 4 Dead 1 DLC coming | Kingdom Hearts 358/2 due Oct. | TMNT: Turtles in Time launch trailer | PS3 Slim/price drop rumour round-up | Wacky World Of Sports - new shots | Call of Duty gets free iPhone app | More Monkey Ball Step & Roll shots
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Nintendo squares up to DSi piracy
View previous topic - View next topic  
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 11:03 am Reply with quote

i'm sure they'll all be working again pretty soon. shame it affects the iplayer. thats things awesome and one of the few carts that doesn't support the playing of homebrew or romz. Just lets you play all manner of video and music files without having to convert them first.
roger4000
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 12:47 pm Reply with quote

they can try and stop it but they will never win. remember when the dsi was released thay said all r4's were usless, well they got round that in about 2 weeks! i have been looking into the homebrew channel on the wii and it makes you realise that the piracy is now at full speed on the wii without even the use of modchips!!! and this is nintendos own doing by allowing the sd card slot to be used in this manner. all the people they have working for them and they drop a mistake like this. nintendo dont stand a chance! it's going to end up like the ps2 with 9 out of 10 people running hooky games.
Cpt.Notyalc
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Surely though, for people with these flash carts etc, this isn't much of an effect, but for the Wii, with just SD cards, it seems only the consumers will win!
If you can call them consumers if they're gettin' games for free.

How do people get to work games or whatever with just an SD & a Wii? I thought Modchips were needed. An' the twilight princess hack was stopped a while ago wasn't it?

I ask only out of curiousity. Got no SD cards anyway. (I prefer memory sticks for portable storage)
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Theres a new hack called banner bomb which works in the memory settings. Just add a couple files to the card and viola. it'll install the Homebrew channel.

then the wiis open to unlock its full potential. Region free, Run games off an external HDD, flash pen or SD (much faster than the DVD drive too), play backup, get VC and wiiware and dlc for other regions and free too.

play old lucas arts adventure gamesusing scumm vm.

emulaotrs for pretty much every old gaming system out there. you can even run lynux if you want.

Fantastic program and something every wii owner should consider installing.

Modchips on the wii are definately on there way out, only older models can use most of the better ones too, as nintendo took the port they react with out of later models.
minignaz
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 1:30 pm Reply with quote

Cpt.Notyalc wrote:
Surely though, for people with these flash carts etc, this isn't much of an effect, but for the Wii, with just SD cards, it seems only the consumers will win!
If you can call them consumers if they're gettin' games for free.

How do people get to work games or whatever with just an SD & a Wii? I thought Modchips were needed. An' the twilight princess hack was stopped a while ago wasn't it?

I ask only out of curiousity. Got no SD cards anyway. (I prefer memory sticks for portable storage)

Hak 5 did a video about this a while ago, I have the link for it if your interested, I haven't tried it though as the wii in my house belongs to the wife. Sad
roger4000
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 3 Aug 09 2:29 pm Reply with quote

most of these hacks dont need a chip but also the chips are solderless now and take a few minutes to install and only about �26 quid.

http://www.360upgrades.co.uk/

like wheresmymonkey said, if you have a wii and dont have homebrew (which is free) then you're missing out on so much. you can also have instantly an external usb hard drive / pen drive attached to download and run your games off at twice the speed of disc. you dont even need a pc to do this, the wii does it all for you!!! crazy stuff and how many people have been moaning about the lack of a hard drive on the wii?
Noobsaibot
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 1:26 am Reply with quote

* Googles Bannerbomb *

Bloody hell. I didn't know how exposed to piracy the Wii actually was. Still wouldn't bother buying one. But Nintendo will be screwed if their regular "target demographic" start to learn about this. Just proves how backwards Nintendo are.
CosmicKite
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 7:03 am Reply with quote

Noobsaibot wrote:
But Nintendo will be screwed if their regular "target demographic" start to learn about this. Just proves how backwards Nintendo are.

Cos Flashing a 360 is so hard Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: